Classic Showdown 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Thernadad
Spotter

Re: Classic Showdown 2016

Post by Thernadad »

Aw missed the window to buy tickets lolol :-P just saw this today ( life got iin the way :'( lol )
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Thernadad wrote:Aw missed the window to buy tickets lolol :-P just saw this today ( life got iin the way :'( lol )
Classic rifle missions are still active on your missions page, aren't they? All you need to do is complete one mission with the classic rifle of your choice to get a ticket to a competition. Then you can join one competition, which doesn't expire until June 1st.
phil1
Hunter

Post by phil1 »

Better be quick though, not much time to jump on the bandwagon.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Perhaps someone could answer this. After early tomorrow morning, my time, this comp is over. I will still show 3 missions, and 1 mission pack, unfinished. Is EW going to remove them, since we were only allowed to do one?

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

stancomputerhunter wrote:Perhaps someone could answer this. After early tomorrow morning, my time, this comp is over. I will still show 3 missions, and 1 mission pack, unfinished. Is EW going to remove them, since we were only allowed to do one?
The missions will stay for a while, so you can complete them just for trophies.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Alena Rybik wrote:
stancomputerhunter wrote:Perhaps someone could answer this. After early tomorrow morning, my time, this comp is over. I will still show 3 missions, and 1 mission pack, unfinished. Is EW going to remove them, since we were only allowed to do one?
The missions will stay for a while, so you can complete them just for trophies.
Thank you, Alena. Off topic, but I just noticed I have a NEW mission pack added, specifically for the scent dog. I'm not going to buy a dog until all the bugs or no bugs is reported. So, will those also be removed after June 7th?

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
Thank you, Alena. Off topic, but I just noticed I have a NEW mission pack added, specifically for the scent dog. I'm not going to buy a dog until all the bugs or no bugs is reported. So, will those also be removed after June 7th?
Yes, they are special release missions, so they will only be active for one week post-release.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Thanks again, Alena. I saved 2 attempts for the Classic Showdown for today, a one time try at WHI and a final one at RFF. Harvested 4 turkeys, couldn't get a score on any of them, just the circle of death for up to a minute on each one. I was getting other calls, so I just hit resume on each of them. Then I kept getting server disconnect, about 10 times in the next hour or so, each time after alt+tab the server came back, until I shot a big Blacktail...spotted at 170-200, and had a wide rack. Server crashed and didn't come back.

While the game was in progress, I hit F3 (multi-player) and it showed I had 2 harvests. At that time I had 4 turkeys and 4 blacktail. My statistics page...ongoing...said I had only 4 turkeys (none of the blacktails registered...yet), and one of them was a season best 67.246, which I had no opportunity to know about, and couldn't do a trophy shot.

I hope you understand why people get frustrated with this game. Aaaargh!!

Releasing the new dog, when its the last day of a 2 week comp (I bet I'm not the only one who saved attempts for the last day) was not a good idea if the heavy use due to the dog was the cause of the disconnects. Please, please, please consider making these comps in single play mode. I can't see any valid reason to have them in MP, especially when its so unstable.

stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

stancomputerhunter wrote:Thanks again, Alena. I saved 2 attempts for the Classic Showdown for today, a one time try at WHI and a final one at RFF. Harvested 4 turkeys, couldn't get a score on any of them, just the circle of death for up to a minute on each one. I was getting other calls, so I just hit resume on each of them. Then I kept getting server disconnect, about 10 times in the next hour or so, each time after alt+tab the server came back, until I shot a big Blacktail...spotted at 170-200, and had a wide rack. Server crashed and didn't come back.

While the game was in progress, I hit F3 (multi-player) and it showed I had 2 harvests. At that time I had 4 turkeys and 4 blacktail. My statistics page...ongoing...said I had only 4 turkeys (none of the blacktails registered...yet), and one of them was a season best 67.246, which I had no opportunity to know about, and couldn't do a trophy shot.

I hope you understand why people get frustrated with this game. Aaaargh!!

Releasing the new dog, when its the last day of a 2 week comp (I bet I'm not the only one who saved attempts for the last day) was not a good idea if the heavy use due to the dog was the cause of the disconnects. Please, please, please consider making these comps in single play mode. I can't see any valid reason to have them in MP, especially when its so unstable.
Edit: The game finally closed, and I got no harvests for the 4 blacktails. I did get a nice letter from Doc, however. he forgot to apologize for the 67.246 turkey. ;) Incidentally, this score sheet says I shot him twice...and from the exact distance?? Never have I shot the same turkey twice.
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/ehr_ ... /459420713

waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Ty for the nice event, would have been even better if the top 10 in each group got the trophy for which ever respected rifle was chosen rather than a duplicate. 3 Of the 4 awesome rifle trophies were wasted ;p

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”