Status Update April 22th 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

cajunman45 wrote:You don't pay!!!!! You don't play!!!!! We had to pay for everything we got memberships, content. This game will die if it goes for free to play. I like to pay for my membership. I support the Dev. with all i paided for and all who have paid and paided like me .I know its a lot of bugs and CRASHES going on but its still a fun game to pläy. There's no other game out there like it. I hope it don't go to a free to play game. Hôw would the devs. get paided if it wasn't for us paying customers????? I dont want this game to die so please don't make it free to play. I like all the new reserves and new content. Yes i don't buy everything they put out but its my choice to buy or not to buy. Take my money and hire a bug fixing guy only fix bugs. I know i put way more money in this game $2000 in 4 years My choice.. NOOO FREE TO PLAY !!!!!!
i really can't get that point of view. So, if a game is not with membership, it will die?? i have around 40 games in my steam library, and TH is the only one that has such economical model. all other games are one time purchase, some sell DLC, some make a new game every 2 years or more. And they are all far from being into bankrupcy. The problem is not the membership, the problem is the bugs generated by such economical model. what's the point of having 250 000 species if there are bugs everywhere
BCKidd

Re: Status Update April 22th 2016

Post by BCKidd »

cajunman45 wrote:You don't pay!!!!! You don't play!!!!! We had to pay for everything we got memberships, content. This game will die if it goes for free to play. I like to pay for my membership. I support the Dev. with all i paided for and all who have paid and paided like me .I know its a lot of bugs and CRASHES going on but its still a fun game to pläy. There's no other game out there like it. I hope it don't go to a free to play game. Hôw would the devs. get paided if it wasn't for us paying customers????? I dont want this game to die so please don't make it free to play. I like all the new reserves and new content. Yes i don't buy everything they put out but its my choice to buy or not to buy. Take my money and hire a bug fixing guy only fix bugs. I know i put way more money in this game $2000 in 4 years My choice.. NOOO FREE TO PLAY !!!!!!
I agree with this 100% and with all others that are sayin' "NO" to more free content. I pay too, granted I haven't paid as much as others because I only use what I need. I don't buy everything and never will. When we step out into our forests to hunt, we bring only necessities, I play theHunter the same way. Still, I am a paying member and I don not want any more given away to those that have been paid for by me 'us' the paying customer. I don't understand why EW would even suggest such a thing. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I agree as well. A game that isn't taking in money is unable to improve. Besides, in the business world, you pay for a service. You are basically trading money with EW in order to have the right to play their game. I checked answered that I didn't want the game to be free. Also, when is the last time that you have just been given a good, quality product for free?

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
nanders
Scout

Post by nanders »

Welcome Mattias! Hope you get to have good fun at EW.

thehunter Profile | Referral Link | #1114 you were the greatest bug, now you are just a feature.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I agree as well. A game that isn't taking in money is unable to improve. Besides, in the business world, you pay for a service. You are basically trading money with EW in order to have the right to play their game. I checked answered that I didn't want the game to be free. Also, when is the last time that you have just been given a good, quality product for free?
Yep. You got that right. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

cmpletely free to play doesn't mean everything free. it means reserves and species free and all the rest DLC. This is how i interpretated it at least. A company whatever it is has to have incomes. if EW adopts such economical model all the people that posted negative reviews on Steam will come back, and the game will enter Steam top 100. Thus, it will have to sustain its reputation, and sell/release bugs free stuff. In the end, it will globally be the same that it is now, but with much less bugs, and a bit more delayed updates/DLC. And i'll gladly join up again, but i won't let down Cabela neither :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re:

Post by Hawkeye »

jpm1 wrote: if EW adopts such economical model all the people that posted negative reviews on Steam will come back, and the game will enter Steam top 100.
Do you truly believe that? I imagine most of the gamers that hate on TheHunter's financial model would continue to do so. They would just go from complaining about memberships to complaining about paying for weapons & gear. They don't want to pay ANYTHING, and won't distinguish between the two.
ForstHeld
Outfitter

Post by ForstHeld »

I think the most hater came from the fact that tH advertise as F2P and in fact it isnt. Many. many people warned EW before goin on steam that this will happen.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Re: Re:

Post by ronMctube »

Hawkeye wrote:
jpm1 wrote: if EW adopts such economical model all the people that posted negative reviews on Steam will come back, and the game will enter Steam top 100.
Do you truly believe that? I imagine most of the gamers that hate on TheHunter's financial model would continue to do so. They would just go from complaining about memberships to complaining about paying for weapons & gear. They don't want to pay ANYTHING, and won't distinguish between the two.
if relaunched on a different engine re-branded re-marketed it may work but its alot of gamble for a risky return isn't it ? probably why it hasn't been done already.i personally would of kept this game as it is at moment have someone else or associated working on upgrading it to the newer avalanche 3 engine or newest version and getting everything fresh, ready for a new launch.then when ready swap all existing people over from this current version of theHunter onto the new product/platform and then start the marketing.

this way all old people are happy its new less bugs fresh start also raises hopes people spend more.also attracts new people who see a fresh upto date game so more there.also old people who may of left or not agreed before try it and you retain some of them.at the end of the day its how far does this game want to go ? is it happy in its current spot.does it want to grow bigger ? continue for many years. who knows.

the game doesn't need to have everyone paying.it already shows that.many people dont understand how F2P works and what percentage need to pay in to make a profit.most games that do this model operate on tiny percentages.so even a small increase in buys = big profit.this isnt our business either.let the business men worry about that :D

former head stephen petterson posted a article once on f2p when it was new. i read it.was very interesting showing just how small a percentage was needed to operate. not for theHunter but in general ;)

so it doesn't matter if 50 percent on steam hate the game or 60 or 70 percent. if you realized how little the percentage was you would be quite shocked.

if you interested in the f2p market should read up on it.very eye opening. ;)

it wasn't brain busting idea how this game went from not doing much to making profit either.just sold more items more regular.i said this needed to happen erm.....5-6 years ago :lol:

i even posted a video of battlefield heroes from where pim came from saying hopefully it doesnt turn into Tf2 (teamfortress 2) over the top transactions for a million different hats.

the balance is pretty good at the moment ftp wise . we just need to leave the business to the men behind it and hope it doesnt effect the game we like. ;)
cajunman45
Outfitter

Post by cajunman45 »

If they do go to f2p they will have to reinburst a lot of people and i sure don't see that happening. They would loose a lot of money for noobies to just like this game. To me they want more new people to play this game giving everything for free. Y'all think the noodies will spend a dime if it was free to play. I will put money on it the the DLC will be way over priced like everything in this game now and the Dev. think they going to make a profit off of that.
NOO FREE TO PLAY !!!!! Leave it like ît is ..I will gladly pay my membership got to much stuff in this game for all i paid for. For it to go for free. Take the single 12g shotgun, I bought it when it first came out then it went for free. How much more stuff will go for free just to get more free loaders to play this game. They make me mad just to even ask that question F2P. The Dev. should of never put TheHunter in the F2P section in Steam in the first place knowing it's not a F2P game. That's why there“s so many negative post about The Hunter. They all want a totally free game.

NOOO FREE TO PLAY !!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”