Status Update April 22th 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Status Update April 22th 2016

Post by JimboCrow »

Tanngnjostr wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:Thanks for the new F2P model, I don't need membership anymore ;)
With F2P wouldn't we have to have licenses anymore? Is that how it would work?
People in here are just speculating because of a question in the survey and the fact that EW are testing free species rotation. There is no official statement regarding even more free content or the supersession of memberships.
I realize that but I was wondering if there was a switch to F2P would licenses not be required anymore? Would free unlimited ammo also be a thing of the past? Just curious.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

There will be no switch to F2P since the game is and always has been F2P. Its more a question of what else will be added to the F2P model, taking it away from what was previously paid for.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

JimboCrow wrote:
maros.kuzar wrote:Thanks for the new F2P model, I don't need membership anymore ;)
With F2P wouldn't we have to have licenses anymore? Is that how it would work?
Maybe I chose wrong words to write what I mean. Sorry ;)

What I meant was: My favourite animal to hunt is WT deer, and they made it free. I usually focus on hunting only one species and if the species rotation become a thing, I will no longer need a membership. I don't play that often, so with gms I have I am pretty much ready to buy ammo I need for a long time.

I can hunt WT and when there will be interesting species for free for a week, I can hunt that instead.

So no need for membership for me anymore ;)
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Well, hopefully the new experiment brings in more paying players, if that's what they are trying to accomplish. Personally I would rather they just opened up one reserve for all animals all the time. Wait and see I guess.
TrueSniper

Post by TrueSniper »

I say keep the paid memberships as they are. NO free to play.

As for generating new customers, well I think give them the whole game free (species, weapons, callers, clothing, reserves, everything) for say a month trial, that way they get a more in depth experience of the game than they do now, and be more likely to buy a membership at the end of the trial. Just a thought :D
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

TrueSniper wrote:As for generating new customers, well I think give them the whole game free (species, weapons, callers, clothing, reserves, everything) for say a month trial, that way they get a more in depth experience of the game than they do now, and be more likely to buy a membership at the end of the trial. Just a thought :D
I think for players that seek a longer term experience, and the enjoyment of building up a hunting profile (achievements, missions, competition trophies and so on) this is a good idea and would work. Unfortunately there are always going to be players who just want to play the game. For those, the inconvenience of creating a new account every month would be no problem. In other words, I think this would be abused. Sure, Expansive Worlds could implement IP address checks and so on, but so many people have dynamic addresses, so a quick reboot of their router and they're good to go. Not to mention the simplicity of VPN connections. The recent survey "back door" is a perfect example of the lengths people might go to.

I do understand your point though.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Bosloe wrote:I would love to see a roadmap although the issue that you have is that once a roadmap is released people automatically then fixate on what it entails. It becomes so focussed by many that they then expect what has been stated and if it doesn't occur for basic reasons outside of the developers control then the community start to become negative
There it is! Right on. This forum as a singular entity, is not capable of responsible stewardship of valuable information. It takes 2 seconds before people start going off the deep end as if they sit on the board of directors. It's not worth the effort to disclose much as it just ends up being an embarrassment. There are just certain things left unknown make the world a better place with much less hassle.

The FTP for example, I am not a fan of beyond where it was. when I see the argument as from Steam in that release, was "you #%^ - it's too much money! You guys are #$&^*& for charging me for a service .... it says FTP but it's pay to play! --(must of went to Harvard)" ... I $#%&^%* you guys! ..... I read this differently, to me it says "You're being played like a piano, I'm going to complain and complain 24/7 to anyone I can until I make you give it up for free!... ok gang, lets cyber bully these guys and their stupid hunting sim, bet you we can change policy just by whining, you know, same way we did mom and dad when we were 2" I prefer to teach them at an early stage, NOTHING is free, get used to it.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

EW make F2P a separate Demo then they can play there for free. That simple.
Of course it's your revenue, nothing like giving it away when players could be paying for it.

It reminds me of the story when a little girl made a lemonade stand.
She tells the customer, drink a full cup for free, but you have to pay for the extra sugar.. :)
And the thirsty customer says, Oh no thank-you...
I like it just fine the way it is
...... :P

Get it?

No more free full glasses of lemonade.
Sneaky

Post by Sneaky »

Moved to status update 28th.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”