Status Update 8th April 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
saldas1983
Hunter

Re: Status Update 8th April 2016

Post by saldas1983 »

The more I read this discussion the more confused I am. So I guess all the feeders go to 100% attraction. Why do we need attraction then?
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Status Update 8th April 2016

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

I mean no disrespect Daniel, but WHAT? Honestly, that doesn't even make any sense whatsoever from a gameplay standpoint, considering the fact that, as mentioned, there are numerous spots literally 1m apart that don't even get to 100% attractiveness. If this now is what was intended, then I really think you guys need to go back and revisit how feeders actually work or prepare to give out a lot of refunds, because haveing a fully stocked feeder in an area where boars frequent at 100% attraction with the result being 1-2 boars showing up after x amount of time = extreme waste of money, time, and resources, considering that you can find many more in a group if you just walk around.
I've had my boar feeder out there for years now, and it always produced results one would expect, meaning anywhere from 5-10 (if not more sometimes) boars at the feeder. Was well worth spending the money on feed for it. And you are saying this entire time it was a bug and they didn't work as intended??? Even AFTER you guys went back, tried to fix them after a previous patch made them how they are now, and even gave people a whole ton of feed to compensate??? How about this: tell us what you really mean, which sounds more like "We don't know what the problem is, it is what it is now, we're not gonna bother fixing them". Because that's exactly what it sounds like to me.
RIP Hirshfelden feeder, we've had some good times and great memories, but EW.
Last edited by BucksNBuffalo on April 11th, 2016, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

The way it was explained by Daniel, now it seems that maximum attraction is only (or mostly) a matter of luck, because attraction could go up to 100% and it could still be a pig-less spot... Of course only the devs know how attraction is calculated, but there doesn't seem to be a logic behind it - at least I don't see it. I don't think that's a good design decision to be honest.
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Tanngnjostr wrote:The way it was explained by Daniel, now it seems that maximum attraction is only (or mostly) a matter of luck, because attraction could go up to 100% and it could still be a pig-less spot... Of course only the devs know how attraction is calculated, but there doesn't seem to be a logic behind it - at least I don't see it. I don't think that's a good design decision to be honest.
Far from a good design. And as I pointed out, I don't buy it because the design is too far fetched even for EW. And, might I add, the bear bait barrels work as they always have, and the feeders work as they should for Feral Hog. So what, boars are the exception? C'mon. Just be honest.
Last edited by Alena Rybik on April 11th, 2016, 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited out the profanity.
Bosloe
Hunter

Post by Bosloe »

I remember one of the first times I went on Hirschfelden, I was on INTIMID883R's setup. Myself and another setup in the tree stands over looking one of his feeders. There were probably 20+ boar walking around a feeder sat at 100% attractiveness. We had a wail of a time with them being spooked and running towards us so that we could try and get as many as possible. We then spent ages searching for the ones we didn't take cleanly to return to once again find them congregating back at the feeder again. This initial experience of a feeder was absolutely key to me then investing in a setup for myself so that overtime I could return the favour for others to have as much fun as I had. If the case is now that this functionality of the game is removed it negates the purpose behind them in my opinion. As stated by several you can walk around a reserve and find groups of 4/5 easily without using a feeder therefore why ever buy another set of feed or further setups ever again? I would have thought that the true constant income that EW have always received has been the continuing outlay that many spend on feed for bear and hog feeders. I therefore cannot understand why the functionality would ever be changed to lesser their use and damage this potential income stream.
Six Shooter Tournament - caledonianblues 24th hosted competition March 2016 - Trophy's Thank Theodore Stupid Cupid Buffalo Bill
Twitch - Bosloe077 YouTube - Bosloe 077 Hunter Statistics
Linden
Tracker

Post by Linden »

Daniel Jansson wrote:About what 100% attraction means: A feeder can get 100% attraction no matter where you place it on a reserve. But getting 100% attraction in an area where there are no boars will not mean that the feeder will work just as well as a feeder with 100% attraction in an area where boars actually roam around.
I have the feeder in the area where were supposed (accordingly with the info from the wiki hunter) to BE boars. When it was that bug you said you fixed, I had 20+ boars, so the point is that I AM in the area which you are talking about in your argument. I also have 100% attractiveness, but I have 1-2 boars or zero boars and most of the boar tracks are passing by instead of roaming around the feeder. So, according to your theory (I am in the boar area, I have 100% attractiveness), where are the boars then I ask you ? But as other people pointed out, THERE ARE NOT boars as they should, meaning plenty. If working as it was designed means to you just 1-2 boars near the feeder, then , excuse me, you lost me as client to spend money for a feeder and a bait anymore, pure and simple. Think this way: 1-2 boars, even more, I encounter just if I roam without a target, right ? So what is the point of spending money for feeders if they work, in reality, worse than roaming around as a hunter in your virtual map ? Now maybe you see my point clearly. If you are planning not to rethink this mechanic and you are insisting that your deal is the best, then you will learn the hard way who is right and who is wrong in the end, meaning less money for your company pocket, discontented players, less money for development. If I were you I would look into the future as well when I think a company move, which a lot of people/players already signaled you that is wrong.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

I don't see how EW is not seeing the clear trend here. The discussion is about feeders on one reserve for one species that is clearly not operating for many as other feeders are on other reserves for other species. If they were all operating the same there would not be an issue being discussed. Something is not working the same on Hirsch for boars. We are not all suffering some mass delusion.
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

This still makes no sense.... I believe feeders are supposed to work like Hawkeyes are. Not 1 or 2 boars. I know they're in the right place becasue before I was getting 20 or so boars. So I say we have two attraction levels: the old attraction level(how many board are actually there) and the "new" attraction levels: how attractable it is to the pigs. I hope this makes sense
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I have a feeder that refuses to go past 83% attractiveness. I have let it run out, start to lose attractiveness, then refilled it. It capped out at 83 again.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

InstinctiveArcher wrote:I have a feeder that refuses to go past 83% attractiveness. I have let it run out, start to lose attractiveness, then refilled it. It capped out at 83 again.
According to EW, that means you got all fancied up, decided to not go to a bar, but didn't get all the way to Antarctica! :lol: :lol:

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”