Status Update 8th April 2016

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Re: Status Update 8th April 2016

Post by TundraPuppy »

I think that's a good observation. :)
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
Hunter-X
Spotter

Post by Hunter-X »

Deconstructed wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: You're dead set on discussing your experiences, as I am mine. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.
I'm not getting bent out of shape. I actually have a dog in the fight, I would like my feeders on Hirsch to work. If the work for you great, we got that. Nobody is trying to say they are not working for you. What we are saying is they are not working for us. I don't see how how telling about your positive experiences helps, it's not like we are going to throw up our hands and say well they work for him so no problem and it only comes across as minimizing the issue people are having. That's like going in the the 16005 crash thread and posting about your lack of crashes.
This exactly true. Why one player try to disprove other player? Make no sense. If you not experiencing problem then yay, good job for you happy you don't have problem, for really. But obvious that other people do, and obvious that someone else like dev is more capable of testing, you making videos for issue you do not have when dev can do the same easy. Sometimes people want to be a try-hard I guess. I have issue in HF too. Why buy feeder and keep buying bait when only 1-2 boars constant? I look at spawnmap for HF. Where is NOT spawning place for boar? Entire reserve except for south west have boar.
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

Hunter-X wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
Hawkeye wrote: You're dead set on discussing your experiences, as I am mine. Nothing to get bent out of shape about.
I'm not getting bent out of shape. I actually have a dog in the fight, I would like my feeders on Hirsch to work. If the work for you great, we got that. Nobody is trying to say they are not working for you. What we are saying is they are not working for us. I don't see how how telling about your positive experiences helps, it's not like we are going to throw up our hands and say well they work for him so no problem and it only comes across as minimizing the issue people are having. That's like going in the the 16005 crash thread and posting about your lack of crashes.
This exactly true. Why one player try to disprove other player? Make no sense. If you not experiencing problem then yay, good job for you happy you don't have problem, for really. But obvious that other people do, and obvious that someone else like dev is more capable of testing, you making videos for issue you do not have when dev can do the same easy. Sometimes people want to be a try-hard I guess. I have issue in HF too. Why buy feeder and keep buying bait when only 1-2 boars constant? I look at spawnmap for HF. Where is NOT spawning place for boar? Entire reserve except for south west have boar.
My apologies to you and Deconstructed, and anybody else that may have taken offense to my previous message. That certainly wasn't my intent, and I don't want to minimize what is certainly a legitimate bug. I was merely trying to demonstrate that you can still have success hunting boar over feeders after the change in mechanics & the existing bugs. After talking to Deconstructed, it sounds like this is a bug that I just don't understand very well, so I'll refrain from future comment on it. Hopefully, you guys can get some good bug report information to the development team & get it figured out so we can all kill more boar.

For the record, my feeder coordinates from the video are listed below. Maybe they'll help somebody out.

Feeder 1: I have a tent just near the north tower & approach from there
X: 9096
Y: -816

Feeder 2: I spawn in @ Mullerwaldhutte
X: 9816
Y: -100

Also, when I refilled both of these feeders several weeks ago, both were bugged (first, they weren't reaching 100%, then they weren't attracting boars). After picking them up & setting them down, they've worked fine since.
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

My obserwation about wild boar baits :
I set first time hog feeder in Hirshfelden few days ago and also removable hunting tower in distance 60 m - atractivness rise up everyday till around 60% - but I never met any boars around ... , then i decide to move staff and in first step I start disinstallation of hunting tower (becasue have no space in my equipment) - next hunt I was going to move my bait but was very surpriced to see 4 boars around... next hunt again but 5 boars around (shoot few and one over 1000 points) and my atractivness now down to 5 -now will wait till 100% and install removable hunting tower to check if it effect to boars.

If sombudy have problem with boar feeder which is placed near removable hunting tower - please check if removable hunting tower disinstallation helps.

regards
Daniel Jansson
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Daniel Jansson »

About what 100% attraction means: A feeder can get 100% attraction no matter where you place it on a reserve. But getting 100% attraction in an area where there are no boars will not mean that the feeder will work just as well as a feeder with 100% attraction in an area where boars actually roam around. It just means that the feeder is as attractive for boars as it can get.

It is like if you prepare for a night out, put on your fanciest clothes and then go to the far side of Antarctica instead of to a bar or restaurant to meet dudes/dudettes. Odds are there won't be many around to experience your 100% attractiveness.

It is our fault that the feeders where not working as intended when they were released. Now they are working as originally intended and we will not go back to the way it was because that was, according to us, not very realistic or well balanced.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Daniel Jansson wrote:About what 100% attraction means: A feeder can get 100% attraction no matter where you place it on a reserve. But getting 100% attraction in an area where there are no boars will not mean that the feeder will work just as well as a feeder with 100% attraction in an area where boars actually roam around. It just means that the feeder is as attractive for boars as it can get.

It is like if you prepare for a night out, put on your fanciest clothes and then go to the far side of Antarctica instead of to a bar or restaurant to meet dudes/dudettes. Odds are there won't be many around to experience your 100% attractiveness.

It is our fault that the feeders where not working as intended when they were released. Now they are working as originally intended and we will not go back to the way it was because that was, according to us, not very realistic or well balanced.
I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense.
So when it doesn't get to 100% never, what does that mean?
Spoiler:
Makaan
Scout

Post by Makaan »

Daniel Jansson wrote:About what 100% attraction means: A feeder can get 100% attraction no matter where you place it on a reserve. But getting 100% attraction in an area where there are no boars will not mean that the feeder will work just as well as a feeder with 100% attraction in an area where boars actually roam around. It just means that the feeder is as attractive for boars as it can get.

Is it possible situation when - 100% attraction + boars eat baits (consumables are beeing consumed every day) - and finally no boars met around feeder because of wrong placement?

best regards
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

That's a good point about eating the feed vs active area. So if I'm in a bad spot and attraction builds slowly, I shouldn't lose feed as fast as an active feeder in a good spot. I mean, if balance is a priority, how can boars that don't exist consume feed? I would expect to see slight variations in build% vs consumption ! just kind of balances itself doesn't it?
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Radamus wrote:That's a good point about eating the feed vs active area. So if I'm in a bad spot and attraction builds slowly, I shouldn't lose feed as fast as an active feeder in a good spot. I mean, if balance is a priority, how can boars that don't exist consume feed? I would expect to see slight variations in build% vs consumption ! just kind of balances itself doesn't it?
That's what I mean.
The way Daniel phrased it gives the impression that at every place the feeder will go to 100%, which is obviously not true; 1m seems to make a difference (which is another thing I do not agree with).
So if the feeder getting to 100% doesn't necessarily means a good spot, and the feed is gonna do down at full rate no matters how many pigs are actually spawned around, I don't know anything anymore.
Didn't think it was possible but I'm even more lost than before Daniel's reply.
Spoiler:
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Even if all these things were the case, I know where good pig spots are. I find 10 or so board reasonable, not 1 or maybe 2. If not i would like a refund on 1 of my pig feeders.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”