Game & Status Updates 9th October 2014

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
DGaspar

Re: Game & Status Updates 9th October 2014

Post by DGaspar »

Knokke wrote:Thanks a lot devs, for looking into the spawning issue in VdB.
About the negative comments about the .357: I advise caution in answering these, as it smell awfully of trolling (read "very obvious case of lobbying" - all comments seems to come from the same group of peoples)
Search our names in the game, we are all on the same team, we play every day and spend enough money in the game, do not admit these comments ...

HunterTugas Team
maros.kuzar
Outfitter

Post by maros.kuzar »

Nice update :)

And btw, I am not sure vids showing tH bugs that are gaining views are good thing :? :roll:
wolfiesrule
Spotter

Post by wolfiesrule »

Lowered populations of Red deer, Roe deer and Red fox on Val-des-Bois
Awwwww, I liked that there were so many foxes there...

Otherwise great, love the pistol :D
Terzi1985
Scout

Post by Terzi1985 »

Good bye the fox hunting paradise... It was good while it lasted. Finally we had a reserve which had foxes and roes in good amount. During this little while I finally got back in the thrill of hunting the fox again... after a loooooooooooooooooooooooong period of almost ignoring the whole species since almost never seeing them often enough to be interested enough to concentrate just on them, also during this time I used the .223 more than ever before all together, so the VDB gave something like a new birth for the .223 rifle after just sitting there never really being used. I really started to love that long range .223 shooting and the fact that there used to be enough roes and foxes on the river area to keep it interesting and enjoyable all the time. So someone said it's too much fun and now it's gone too? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

After all... as some guys already pointed it out, this is a game, if I want to spend my hours to listening the silence, I go out in the real forest outside. If I like to enjoy some gaming experience, well you know my answer already. I'm not a big fan of sitting for hours on my computer for getting just frustrated and bored, just because someone thought it wasn't realistic enough. I've played this game for years, more than any other computer or video game in my whole life, and I still feel the same way, don't kill the fun by making the reserves too empty!! By the way, I remember that one fox mission/competition a long time ago on some holiday event... I spent the whole freaking time to get it done, only challenge that I failed in, the amount of hours (days) spent just to get few big enough foxes were ridiculous and I never succeeded, I did get 30-40 of them yet never got big enough to pass... In the end, it was all but fun...after that I've almost hated these events and concentrated on having just good times while playing for my self. Don't kill it too making the reserves too quiet!

I know that what I'm gonna say next, will get a lot of people angry but I'll say it anyway:

I'm not completely understanding why you introduced the .22lr in a pistol rather than in a rifle. In the worldwide scale .22lr pistol vs. .22lr rifle being used on hunting, the use of pistol is so marginal vs. the rifle, also being even illegal to hunt with handguns in some countries. Exeption of course the trap hunters, cave hunters or guys who need a one for finishing shot but purely for hunting as a your main weapon?!? And being such a low powered round already, you're loosing great deal of it's velocity and power and much of it's best feature, accuracy and precision, with the pistol length weapon versus the rifle. (maybe it doesn't matter in theHunter since every gun punches every shot to one single hole without much variation typical to many type of weapons, so much of the realism there? But just shoot one 10 round group with a .22 automatic pistol IRL at 50meters, do the same with varmint type .22 rifle and you know what I'm talking about, well do it with 5 different semiauto pistols and 5 different ammo against that one rifle just to be sure of it, you will still see the difference anyway. So which one you would pick for hunting? Which one would feel the more ethical choise for hunting? I go 100000000% for the rifle because I would feel I own it to the pray to be as accurate as I can, also not sacrifying the already mild velocity and power from the short pistol barrel, and for last, the fact that for average human being it just is more difficult to shoot precisely and consistently with pistol than it is with a rifle even if the pistol would have the potential for being as accurate) It really is amazingly effective and accurate caliber in hunting with rifle lenght weapons, I like to shoot mine for 150+ meters when plinking steel plates, I know .22lr is even capable for hitting consistently at man sized steel plates at 400meters if the shooter, ammo and rifle is up to it, but .22 pistol for purely hunting purposes is something I really don't understand or feel ethical the same way as rifle would be. So I can't understand the choise of devs for going for pistol rather than rifle. You have anything to support this desicion? Other than community request? There certainly has been a huge call for .22lr rifle too so why not to do something similar like the ALREADY WORLDWIDELY ICONIC 10/22 series or perhaps something like CZ 452 Varmint etc? Something that would seriously be proper precise and ethical tool for hunting! Maybe it's just me but I really don't understand this thing in a game that proudly announces to be the most realistic HUNTING game. I am dissapointed and surprised to the bones of this and I ain't hiding it... Shoot me down if you want to but that is how I feel about this new pistol, FAILURE, there was a much better suited alternative for it! Nothing against the caliber since I've been waiting for it for years but I honestly feel that it should have been in a rifle to keep it ethical and effective and STILL ABLE TO DO IT REALISTICLY!

And by the way, that size of the muzzle on that pistol.... :lol: How can this thing happen again, the gun is on the shop already and no one realized such a little thing while it was still work on progress??? It's a minor thing but I've seen how this kind of little things have started to happen more and more often, seems like you guys just hurry up way too much to put stuff out still unfinished or done too quickly to make sure it's done right. Just slow down a littlebit so you can keep up the good quality?

Sorry for whining such a lot but I'm not in the best mood after this update... :(
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

T0MRf5 wrote:
Knut wrote:
What does get my temper rising it the .357 story. While I agree that the ethical list wasn't realistic, you never considered to change it until you came up with a way to make money out of that change. So I call bulldung on the reasoning.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... 52#p583452

I have to say I agree with their reasoning regarding permitted species being odd to put it kindly but at least they followed through on what they previously said.
They seem to have indeed. However the argument that they could not have change it previously without an alternative is silly. The moose also had for a long time no permitted handgun.
Where is the difference of limiting an already paid for feature and limiting it only when there is a chance to once more pay for regaining the lost abilities?

And to remove some feature that one can only regain by paying again, is never a smart move. Especially not when long-term customers already feel treated--let's say suboptimal.

Not that it surprises me, though.

Terzi1985 wrote:And by the way, that size of the muzzle on that pistol.... :lol: How can this thing happen again, the gun is on the shop already and no one realized such a little thing while it was still work on progress??? It's a minor thing but I've seen how this kind of little things have started to happen more and more often, seems like you guys just hurry up way too much to put stuff out still unfinished or done too quickly to make sure it's done right. Just slow down a littlebit so you can keep up the good quality?
I have to agree here
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

.357 was never right to begin with. Everyone that owned it should now have the em$ retuned with the option to buy it back if you still want it.

As far the VDB change, i am 100% opposed to it and feel extremely disappointed. Sadly the allure of the new map has now gone.
spurts

Post by spurts »

thank for update but come on lower the population of Red, Roe and Fox
There Extinct on the game now i had 1 fox and 1 Roe call in 4 hours
Waaaghgasm
Tracker

Post by Waaaghgasm »

Knut wrote:
They seem to have indeed. However the argument that they could not have change it previously without an alternative is silly. The moose also had for a long time no permitted handgun.
Where is the difference of limiting an already paid for feature and limiting it only when there is a chance to once more pay for regaining the lost abilities?

And to remove some feature that one can only regain by paying again, is never a smart move. Especially not when long-term customers already feel treated--let's say suboptimal.
And again, it shows they are greedy. They could have offered a 50% discount for owners of the .357 because they removed it's main purpose. They could have removed it and give everybody the change to choose which one he wants. No, we need to buy the new gun. Gladly for them, there are no customer protecting laws for digital products...
beamstas
Outfitter

Post by beamstas »

Waaaghgasm wrote:
Knut wrote:

And again, it shows they are greedy. They could have offered a 50% discount for owners of the .357 because they removed it's main purpose. They could have removed it and give everybody the change to choose which one he wants. No, we need to buy the new gun. Gladly for them, there are no customer protecting laws for digital products...

This is like taking a bmw to the mechanic and getting a corolla back, this crap wouldnt stand in the real world.

Since we as online gamers somehow have less rights than regular consumers there is nothing we can do. We paid for something and now what we have is completely different to what we purchased.

Its wrong and should be illegal.
Waaaghgasm
Tracker

Post by Waaaghgasm »

Full ACK beamstas. But hey, aren't we all happy that EW makes a lot of money from us? :?

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”