Latest Preview

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Flex
Tracker

Re: Latest Preview

Post by Flex »

EnerMax wrote:I think I'll take my information from the game's executive producer, rather than a forum moderator.
LOL, the forum moderator and developer are one and the same. LOL
Radium
Tracker

Post by Radium »

i want to know what enermax is trying to achieve with this?

just like the fans of arma 2 blackpaint operation flashpoint 2 with lies and stuff to get ofp2 fans to join arma 2. its wierd.
EnerMax
Scout

Post by EnerMax »

Fabled Foe wrote:Aren't they saying the same thing?

Developer seems to be saying the NETWORKING is foremost, where as the moderator is flipping back and forth between the game being foremost and the networking being foremost.
Flex wrote:
EnerMax wrote:I think I'll take my information from the game's executive producer, rather than a forum moderator.
LOL, the forum moderator and developer are one and the same. LOL
Your proof of this is?? Names are totally different and no where in his profile does it say DEVELOPER, just MODERATOR so what are we supposed to believe? YOU?? I don't think so.

People read into things what they want to as you can see by the suggestion section, at no time are the moderators or the developers giving us any information to further our discussions in here. We have to comb through posts to get any info and most of the time they point out things they have released to others, not the user base.

Keep in mind that I signed up for the news letter shortly after the website opened, waited for the confirmation email they said they would send me to activate it. It didn't come, I sent another email asking when I could expect the email to arrive, no response. I have also sent an email (that Lemetatron suggested I do) to see why I have not received the news letter. Response: activated manually. I have 6 other friends I have sent to the web site to sign up for the news letter and beta, same thing no automated response, they sent emails asking about it, no response. We have all asked if the missed news letters can be sent to us or a link to where they might be posted, no response. Then the first email that I do recieve from them is loaded with real names and email addresses, then shortly after an appology for sending them. This stems from the BETA system not from the newsletter sign up. From my point of view they look totally amaturish!!!
All this combined with I'm getting more information about The Hunter from OTHERS on the web than I'm getting from the OFFICIAL site or forum.
You wonder why I'm bitter!!!
It's starting to remind me of ATARI.
LeMetatron
Outfitter

Post by LeMetatron »

EnerMax wrote:
Fabled Foe wrote:Aren't they saying the same thing?
Developer seems to be saying the NETWORKING is foremost, where as the moderator is flipping back and forth between the game being foremost and the networking being foremost.
To clarify Yota states that the social space will generate gameplay. Which is what we have stated all along.

As to your other comments I will reply privately.
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

I thought it was a combination of all that. I didn't think it mattered all that much.

How would it affect the game as a whole? ...bein' seperate and all.
kirisute
Hunter

Post by kirisute »

from what i understand it to be:
hutning gameplay similar to Trophy Hunter/Deerhunter...on top of that a social network that is tied into that game world...
so if i hunt a bag myself a decent buck i an post iages of the location and details of the hunt..and if sombody else hunts that location with similar weather/skills then maybe they stand a chance of a decent encounter also.
Its the community side of things that will allow us to share our hunting locations and ideas of how best to hunt a location as well as joining up with like minded hunters to hunt together.

so the community input and output and social areas will be effecting the hunting enviroment in a symbiotic relationship.

just my thoughts on how i envisage it working out.
Fabled Foe
Hunter

Post by Fabled Foe »

Yeah, that's pretty much the way i see it. Except for the hunting together thing.

I can kinda see it, But then there's so many unanswered questions.

So, how would it work out if it was lopsided? Meaning, if networking was more prominent than the in bush experience and vice versa.
Flex
Tracker

Post by Flex »

EnerMax wrote: Your proof of this is?? Names are totally different and no where in his profile does it say DEVELOPER, just MODERATOR so what are we supposed to believe? YOU?? I don't think so.
As I said.....................................
Ashkeldir
Outfitter

Post by Ashkeldir »

EnerMax wrote:All this combined with I'm getting more information about The Hunter from OTHERS on the web than I'm getting from the OFFICIAL site or forum.
Atari never has anything to do with products under their name, other than to allow or disallow things in a game - they don't care about PR, they don't care about customer service. They care about the bottom line. They leave it up to the individual dev company to deal with everything else. Once the product is out the door, Atari doesn't care.

As far as the comments here, well, it is nothing personal, but, if I were the devs here, I wouldn't want someone who's going to complain in my beta.

Venting is all well and good, but if I am a dev, I don't want to hear complaints. It isn't constructive, it just makes the writer feel better, often only until they realize they 'wish they hadn't posted that'. I want to hear constructive comments, and people who are willing to go the extra mile to help me.

I'm not going to invite someone who seems preoccupied with trying to make me feel bad, for whatever reason.

I'm not pointing the finger - I didn't even read your entire post, so I'm not commenting on everything you said, just the snippet I caught - and I don't want to read it, likely anymore than the devs do. I'm just stating the fact - I hate beating around the bush, so I cut to the chase - I'm not out to insult anyone - just to make that clear - I'm just posting how I would feel and what I would do, in a given circumstance.

For some people, it may make them think of their actions in a certain light.
EnerMax
Scout

Post by EnerMax »

Ashkeldir wrote:
EnerMax wrote:All this combined with I'm getting more information about The Hunter from OTHERS on the web than I'm getting from the OFFICIAL site or forum.
Atari never has anything to do with products under their name, other than to allow or disallow things in a game - they don't care about PR, they don't care about customer service. They care about the bottom line. They leave it up to the individual dev company to deal with everything else. Once the product is out the door, Atari doesn't care.

As far as the comments here, well, it is nothing personal, but, if I were the devs here, I wouldn't want someone who's going to complain in my beta.

Venting is all well and good, but if I am a dev, I don't want to hear complaints. It isn't constructive, it just makes the writer feel better, often only until they realize they 'wish they hadn't posted that'. I want to hear constructive comments, and people who are willing to go the extra mile to help me.

I'm not going to invite someone who seems preoccupied with trying to make me feel bad, for whatever reason.

I'm not pointing the finger - I didn't even read your entire post, so I'm not commenting on everything you said, just the snippet I caught - and I don't want to read it, likely anymore than the devs do. I'm just stating the fact - I hate beating around the bush, so I cut to the chase - I'm not out to insult anyone - just to make that clear - I'm just posting how I would feel and what I would do, in a given circumstance.

For some people, it may make them think of their actions in a certain light.
Yea I didn't read your entire post either, *** for tat.

Update on some of the problems I've been having, SOME of these have been corrected TY Lemetatron, just too bad I had to raise a stink in here get some action.
I'm toned down now, and I'll jump into the back seat and see what happens.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”