Status Update - 15th February 2018

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Re: Status Update - 15th February 2018

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Why do I have a feeling that what we see now is going to be the new scoring for the animals of Piccabeen? Gone will be the 300+ scoring Sambar, the 230+ Water Buffalo, and the spotting info will be updated to reflect this. Besides, Water Buffalo horns have a different look to them now, and that clearly shows “update”. Why do I have this feeling? Call it “Veteran’s Intuition”. Have seen this happen before. Adjusted scoring rather than fixing/reworking antlers (in Sambar and Rusa’s cases). Maybe I’m wrong, but the past doesn’t lie. It’ll be a disappointing move if I am correct.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Why do I have a feeling that what we see now is going to be the new scoring for the animals of Piccabeen? Gone will be the 300+ scoring Sambar, the 230+ Water Buffalo, and the spotting info will be updated to reflect this. Besides, Water Buffalo horns have a different look to them now, and that clearly shows “update”. Why do I have this feeling? Call it “Veteran’s Intuition”. Have seen this happen before. Adjusted scoring rather than fixing/reworking antlers (in Sambar and Rusa’s cases). Maybe I’m wrong, but the past doesn’t lie. It’ll be a disappointing move if I am correct.

From what some other players wrote, some time ago (I think those were players from Australia mainly), score values at that time were indeed not fitting 3d model's dimensions to well. So such a change was needed. But I agree, that if this will end the story - without "repairing" at least Rusa's antlers to be more true to reality, I'll be dissapointed either. :/
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Why do I have a feeling that what we see now is going to be the new scoring for the animals of Piccabeen? Gone will be the 300+ scoring Sambar, the 230+ Water Buffalo, and the spotting info will be updated to reflect this. Besides, Water Buffalo horns have a different look to them now, and that clearly shows “update”. Why do I have this feeling? Call it “Veteran’s Intuition”. Have seen this happen before. Adjusted scoring rather than fixing/reworking antlers (in Sambar and Rusa’s cases). Maybe I’m wrong, but the past doesn’t lie. It’ll be a disappointing move if I am correct.
I have the exact same feeling. It clearly shows. Gone are the high scoring Sambars. Replaced are the thin horns of the Waterbuffalo etc.
Last edited by Generalkommendant on February 16th, 2018, 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Generalkommendant
Hunter

Post by Generalkommendant »

JimboCrow wrote:Just my personal impression, and probably just my hypercritical nature, but I get the feeling that Graham would rather be anywhere else than on a livestream. TK seems right at home but Graham keeps squirming around like a head louse on a hotplate. Lighten up Graham, it's just a game dude! :lol:
Yeah, doesn't it look like that? That he has a flight to catch and is in a hurry? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

Thank you TK for acknowledging the PB issues!
But I share BNB's concerns.
I'll wait for next weeks update before I make any judgements tho.

kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

New item? Smoke and mirrors?

It can only be a new Camera!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Remember the Sitka Antler sizes, and there still not @ 130 scores.

Concerning the what? .32 caliber small game Blackpowder rifles can be used on Rabbits, Fox, Ducks, Geese, Game birds, Turkeys, (Squirrels).
Hope it isn't a Blackpowder pistol,... There illegal to use in most places for hunting, and not very realistically used for a game also.
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

gas56 wrote:Remember the Sitka Antler sizes, and there still not @ 130 scores.
See my comments regarding the Sitka Deer in this thread. http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=86228

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

stancomputerhunter wrote:
gas56 wrote:Remember the Sitka Antler sizes, and there still not @ 130 scores.
See my comments regarding the Sitka Deer in this thread. http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=102&t=86228
That's exactly what I meant, that the Sitka's were changed a few times and never really put back to where they should have been @ the WorldRecord of around 130 score.
There have been a few different people who came and gone @ EW, and I asked them about this and I think it is what got them rolling on it in the first place,
but now it has been a stalemate of a 110-114 Sitka score for awhile now, and has not been touched since then.
I don't get the long procrastination of tweaking an animal where their score & size should really be at,..
I guess it isn't on the top to do things, ever!
I don't know if they have a protocol procedure to go by when re-adjusting animals or play it by ear, but you would think by now they would have
an animal editor in place for each species made that would make it quick and easy to adjust by anyone without messing up scoring objectives.
It could be that the info was set up in reverse stage in the first place where it inadvertently effects any process of individual animal adjustments (tweaking).
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Going ahead with a new season without making an effort to fix the dismal representations of the antler configuration on the Rusa and Sambhur.
And why no comment from the team about a problem ( that so many of us know about ) needs attention.
Changing the scoring regime and ignoring experienced comment, wont make the root of the problem go away.
Id rather be hunting Utahraptors, at least they were meant to be best guese with artistic licence.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”