Status Update 30th October 2014

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
GoldenEagle1
Scout

Re: Status Update 30th October 2014

Post by GoldenEagle1 »

MissIcewolf wrote:Sounds great! One question though: Can female avatars use the moustaches as well? :D
oh yeah they can ,unless they do brasilian wax ,mabe on december well another event come, called boobscember heheheh for girls avatar :lol:
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

caledonianblues wrote:
Question: If someone wants to increase their donation to the cause without making a direct donation, can they buy numerous quantities of the same moustaches? I realise they will only be able to wear one at a time (although it would be fun if the more they bought, the longer and more overstated the moustache looked) but it would be a way of increasing their donation, and the "ticker" mentioned in the update.
I'd recommend to visit www.movember.com to find your country's organisation and donate directly. This way 100% of your donation will reach its goal instead of just 2/3.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Knut wrote: I'd recommend to visit http://www.movember.com to find your country's organisation and donate directly. This way 100% of your donation will reach its goal instead of just 2/3.
Well actually, that's not exactly correct. They are donating $2.00 of real money for each 300 em$ spent on mustaches. That's not the same thing. But your point is well received.

What would really be great is if they would somehow convert our huge sums of gm$ into real money and donate all of it to Movember. Now that would be a wonderful gesture! Or all gm$ earned in Movember donated by participants, or something to that effect... Nevertheless, good karma for you EW. Very generous.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Best0hunter wrote:
MissIcewolf wrote:Sounds great! One question though: Can female avatars use the moustaches as well? :D
oh yeah they can ,unless they do brasilian wax ,mabe on december well another event come, called boobscember heheheh for girls avatar :lol:

Sir, you have a dirty mind! (But i like your idea! :lol: )
Spoiler:

Alena Rybik
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Alena Rybik »

Knut wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:
Question: If someone wants to increase their donation to the cause without making a direct donation, can they buy numerous quantities of the same moustaches? I realise they will only be able to wear one at a time (although it would be fun if the more they bought, the longer and more overstated the moustache looked) but it would be a way of increasing their donation, and the "ticker" mentioned in the update.
I'd recommend to visit http://www.movember.com to find your country's organisation and donate directly. This way 100% of your donation will reach its goal instead of just 2/3.
We've provided a direct link for those who don't want any mustaches but still want to participate in this theHunter community initiative:
Here is the link to the Expansive Worlds page on the Movember foundation site, where you can make a direct donation, if for some reason you don’t want to buy a moustache but still want to contribute. Money donated via our Movember page will go directly to the foundation.
But of course in no way we try to discourage independent Movember donations. It'd make me very happy if someone has learned about this initiative through theHunter and has made a donation, spreading the word and raising awareness is what this event is all about.
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

That was by no means meant to be a criticism of this specific initiative.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

JimboCrow wrote:
Knut wrote: I'd recommend to visit http://www.movember.com to find your country's organisation and donate directly. This way 100% of your donation will reach its goal instead of just 2/3.
Well actually, that's not exactly correct. They are donating $2.00 of real money for each 300 em$ spent on mustaches. That's not the same thing. But your point is well received.
As the em$ one needs to buy to get a moustache are normal income for EW, the remaining 1/3 is likely entirely taxes, that EW as a normal profit organisation has to pay. And thus a pure loss to the cause. Nothing EW can do about.

Therefore it's simply more cost-efficient to donate directly. Best via the provided link, so that the credit for triggering the donation goes to the right people/company.

This link is great thinking!
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Knut wrote:As the em$ one needs to buy to get a moustache are normal income for EW, the remaining 1/3 is likely entirely taxes, that EW as a normal profit organisation has to pay. And thus a pure loss to the cause. Nothing EW can do about.

Therefore it's simply more cost-efficient to donate directly. Best via the provided link, so that the credit for triggering the donation goes to the right people/company.

This link is great thinking!
Right you are, but because em$ can be earned through the offer wall, competitions, etc., I don't think they have the currency exchange value of a real dollar to EW. The $2 they are passing along is probably pretty close to the actual amount they take in for 300 em$ on average, so they're not garnering anything from this. And for those who like getting SWAG (Stuff We All Get) for their donations, the mustaches are a nice touch. Again, kudos for the initiative.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
whiteonyx
Scout

Post by whiteonyx »

Nice update guys and dolls ;) just ended halloween missions - and allready looking forward to the upcomming ones :) keep up the good work
Hunting is living
haNylanda
Tracker

Post by haNylanda »

Can othere joine the EW team on Movember?
Been part of Movember for some years now. I think this is the 5 year now.

Unfortunately over the past years, my turning more white than dark :( Guess I am getting older

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”