VIDEO - 50 Cal Inline Muzzleloading Pistol review

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: VIDEO - 50 Cal Inline Muzzleloading Pistol review

Post by HD_Artworks »

I shot a Male Moose at ~80m. He couldn't ran more than 80m. Left Lung and Shoulder Blade... :)
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hd_a ... /593114331
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Griph
Spotter

Post by Griph »

From the videos I've seen, its penetration is less than the heavy rifles. More single lung shots at medium to long range. But, it does look fun. I'm eyeing it pretty hard, particularly now it will get the saboted round.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I have knocked down a Moose from 62 mts, so far. But I dont use the scope :D so, I think with scope you can make twice, at least :mrgreen:
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

Good vid Ron- One thing that stuck out was rifling in the barrel- I don't recall seeing that before so pretty good detail there. The barrel is longer than I imagined and pretty cool animation that's complex so good job animators! They did their homework on this one, and the pistol itself, Great job!

When it was announced I was totally turned off with the round and animals but now with the 45 sabots to keep it simple and mimic the inline smoke pole- another attaboy to the dev team for getting it right! It will be in my inventory now.

As for a round ball - that would be a no-go in a modern inline, in a group of guys/gals hunting with this IRL the notion of a lead ball would go over like a lead balloon :lol: - This lead ball suggestion opens up the option for a period correct companion to the 50 cap loader, which I would also like because I enjoy hunting occasionally with the smokers as well. The modern inline smoker in use, at least here in the states have specialized copper jacketed slugs developed for the velocities of the black powder guns for controlled expansion and retention of mass (reduced fragmentation) and in a size and hardness of jacket we can jam down through the rifling. In the animation that's a typical loader you prepare before a hunt with the bullet, in this case looks like our other Ballistic tip bullets and proper number of Triple 7 pellets.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”