Archery Challenge - Episode 1

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Willandrew
Spotter

Archery Challenge - Episode 1

Post by Willandrew »

Hey guys, got my first video uploaded and I wanted some tips on a couple of things. I'm an audio guy, but am pretty clueless when it comes to video. I recorded on Fraps @ 30 fps. When I went to upload that .avi file it was a 22GB file that was taking about 26 hours to upload, so I converted it to mp4 which took it down to 550MB. Two things: it seems that the conversion cut the quality quite a bit more than I was expecting by the time it got to Youtube, what are people using to keep high quality video without a 24 hour upload time on a 20 minute video? and, the aspect ratio is off. I don't see anything in Fraps to change that. I use my tv as my monitor, so is that what is causing the weird ratio?

Either way, I've seen a lot worse "first videos" lol, hope someone finds some entertainment or use out of this. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTjpOA ... e=youtu.be
Willandrew
Spotter

Re: Archery Challenge - Episode 1

Post by Willandrew »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN4N7FbHJlE

Episode 2 is up! Fixed most problems from the first one, just have to figure out the aspect ratio thing. Thanks for watching!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Willandrew wrote:Hey guys, got my first video uploaded and I wanted some tips on a couple of things. I'm an audio guy, but am pretty clueless when it comes to video. I recorded on Fraps @ 30 fps. When I went to upload that .avi file it was a 22GB file that was taking about 26 hours to upload, so I converted it to mp4 which took it down to 550MB. Two things: it seems that the conversion cut the quality quite a bit more than I was expecting by the time it got to Youtube, what are people using to keep high quality video without a 24 hour upload time on a 20 minute video? and, the aspect ratio is off. I don't see anything in Fraps to change that. I use my tv as my monitor, so is that what is causing the weird ratio?

Either way, I've seen a lot worse "first videos" lol, hope someone finds some entertainment or use out of this. Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLTjpOA ... e=youtu.be

well its a perference thing. first of all raw avi files are massive in fraps.you will have better quality though.than say a smaller mp4. the trick is to get the mp4 to a decent enough quality without losing the quality good enough to upload. a lot of that depends on what editing software you use. they can be very expensive though.there are some decent free ones but one of the most common one has been removed from modern windows, movie maker.

so ideally you want a paid editing programme. for best results.most people use a product by adobe or sony vegas. you render your footage at the correct resolution and personal settings.that will sort out the aspect ratio.

dont worry about first videos being bad mine were terrible aswell.its part of the learning :D
Willandrew
Spotter

Post by Willandrew »

Thanks for your reply! I think I've worked out the quality to something I'm happy with. I didn't realize it takes a bit of time for Youtube to play back in anything other than 360p. I went with the $50 version of Vegas, and am super happy with it. Episode 3 is already better, if only I could shoot worth a lick. Still working on the aspect ratio thing though, it's probably because I'm using a tv as a monitor. Thanks!!

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”