Opinions Needed - Field Judging Guide

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Opinions Needed - Field Judging Guide

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey guys,

To try help out the Wiki and give it some promotion, I have been putting together images and text to help new people field judge animals.

The idea is that if new people can see the antler progressions side by side, they will have a better understanding what to look for visually until their spotting skills start to level up. It is also supposed to be used in conjunction with the TruRACS: Simplified Guide for Deer Scoring which is already in the wiki.

So I want to know if you think its worth it? Should I continue? There are many more to go, so I want to make sure its worth it before doing so :)

As the heading in the page says, its work in progress and here you can see what it would look like for Mule deer and Whitetail. I am thinking if people like it I will proceed with the 4 stages, like the Mule deer. Instead of the 3 stages, like the WT.

Here is the link: Field Judging Guide

Cheers all,

TK
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: Opinions Needed - Field Judging Guide

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I like it very much... there's a part of me that thinks figuring out those things over time is part of the whole experience, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of help for new players who have questions about scoring.

Pay attention though: once you start this on reindeer or some other new species, you might have to explain a few things. ;)
Image Image Image
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I don't think its really worth all the work and time . Looks really good and could be used only so many times .
Best judging of the scoring imo , is with experience and time . Makes it more challenging and rewarding .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I like it very much... there's a part of me that thinks figuring out those things over time is part of the whole experience, but I'm sure it'll be a lot of help for new players who have questions about scoring.

Pay attention though: once you start this on reindeer or some other new species, you might have to explain a few things. ;)
Good points, I am yet to see a big Reindeer yet :( so I wouldn't know :lol:

Yeah it is part of the game, but I am guessing lots of people have no idea what to look for at the start?

DYEUZ wrote:I don't think its really worth all the work and time . Looks really good and could be used so many times .
Best judging of the scoring imo , is with experience and time . Makes it more challenging and rewarding .
Yeah this is also why I didn't really want to show top end animals, so the mystery is not spoiled. But if they are smart they can head to the leaderboards. So many times though I hear people say "Why didn't that score X?" So some tips for field judging I thought might be nice. Thanks for your feedback though :)
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it depends how deep you want to go into this. each species can vary so there is lots of points to cover.it should be very useful for new players.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

ronMctube wrote:it depends how deep you want to go into this. each species can vary so there is lots of points to cover.it should be very useful for new players.
I was thinking just 4 stages across the animals. From like 25%- 85% scoring range, at a rough guess.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

It looks like a good project TK. It would definitely be useful to new non-hunters, and might even make the game more interesting for them.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”