What's yer best rare kill story?

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

What's yer best rare kill story?

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

Seems like all the rare shots in the game have an entertaining story behind 'em. Here's a couple of mine:

My first two rare kills ever were mule deer, a piebald buck and an albino doe. Now, just seeing the piebald buck come struttin' outta that little copse of trees on Logger's Point—that made me giddy. I blasted 'em in the aorta before I even checked the rest of the little herd he was with and then took my sweet time posing it up and getting an angle where you could see that sweet piebald texture in all its glory (light permitting). I literally spent like eight full minutes taking that trophy shot, and when I was done, I said to myself, "aight, let's see who Jimmy Piebald here was runnin' with." I picked up the first track I could find in the area and it led me over a hill and toward the forested area to the South. I caught something moving down at the bottom of the hill, and it wasn't hard to spot, either, because it was white as a ghost. I sighted it up, added some extra atmosphere to both its lungs, and trotted down the hill to check it out. It was the albino doe I mentioned up there—my first and second rare shots, both within nine minutes, and had apparently both spawned in the same group (either that or the both of them just happened to have wandered across the exact same area). That was a good day, that.

My first (and only) albino boar was kinda funny. I was wandering around Hirsch, mindin' my own business, no real "action plan" in mind, just following my boots. Heard the boar calls off to my right, so I said to myself "self, let's go look at that business." So I moved on over the hill and there was a little bunch of pigs snorting around, right out in an open field. I'm not one to turn down free bacon, so I dropped down, whipped out the rifle, and sighted in on the closest one (I ain't picky, bacon's bacon, man). I was just about to take the shot when the boar decided she didn't like that spot anymore and started trotting off. I was in the middle of devising an appropriate string of swears when I noticed that, a little ways beyond the empty spot where the boar I had just sighed on used to be there was a big, fat, bright white one that had been completely obscured just seconds before. If I'da shot, I'da never seen that boar again. As it was, I added an extra hole to her left lung and added a nice trophy shot to my paltry and meager supply of rare trophy shots.

What about you folks? What are your fun and exciting rare stories?
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: What's yer best rare kill story?

Post by hunterPRO1 »

my almost albino that i had just scoped in and then watched it go down, but i didnt shoot... some son of a biscuit that was in team mode killed it
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
DjHellHound

Post by DjHellHound »

My very first rare was an albino cow moose on white-rime now I was about 20 minutes into a server till someone decided to shoot a cow with a 243 no big deal nutin special about an hour later I found a bull and two cows the bull and cow were their normal brown color but I noticed one guy that was well slightly lighter then the other two I got curious then I ended up calling her in and compounding her without even knowing she was a rare yep that person who shot that 243 at a cow that cow was a rare

Yeah short but interestin
JackRbbt
Trophy Hunter

Post by JackRbbt »

Nothing to remember about rares, but i remember (and still laugh) the first NT: on RFF, hunting bears i got a call from a whitetail. I called back and while waiting for it, a 250-280 kg. bear came in sight. I just had a glimpse of the deer, the score reading was "175-245", i said "whatta hell, the spotting scores are messed again!'", i turned around without a second longer look on it and follow the bear. After i harvested the bear, i was thinking again about that deer and suddenly i realized that the spotting score estimation could be right (was in first days after NT release). So went back, looked for buck tracks, went after him, spooked him twice and finally killed him.
Spoiler:

kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

JackRbbt wrote:Nothing to remember about rares, but i remember (and still laugh) the first NT: on RFF, hunting bears i got a call from a whitetail. I called back and while waiting for it, a 250-280 kg. bear came in sight. I just had a glimpse of the deer, the score reading was "175-245", i said "whatta hell, the spotting scores are messed again!'", i turned around without a second longer look on it and follow the bear. After i harvested the bear, i was thinking again about that deer and suddenly i realized that the spotting score estimation could be right (was in first days after NT release). So went back, looked for buck tracks, went after him, spooked him twice and finally killed him.
I think we all know the "Spooked him a few times" :lol:

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I still remember my first albino. It was a whitetail doe and when I saw her, I was pretty excited - I had shot a piebald before, but never seen an albino. Actually I was so excited that I accidently grabbed the wrong rifle and shot her with the .223! Needless to say, when the message from Doc popped up in the upper left corner I was devastated! Fortunately I realized later (when I found her dead) that an unethical kill will still allow you to take a trophy shot! :D Since it was a doe anyway, I couldn't care less about the score. :P

Here's the trophy shot by the way:
Image Image Image
SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Actually I was so excited that I accidently grabbed the wrong rifle and shot her with the .223! Needless to say, when the message from Doc popped up in the upper left corner I was devastated!
That reminds me of another story. Not a rare or anything, but still funny.

I'm the kinda dude what always puts his equipment in a very specific order. Just something I'm a little nitpicky about. The large game gun goes in slot one, and the small/alternate game gun goes in slot two—that's just how the ball rolls. I was a few bunnies away from my next badge in Snowshoes, though, so I went to WRR specifically to shoot bunnies. I put my plinker in slot one, and my .243 in slot two, just in case a fox or deer showed up—but I was mainly there for the bunnies, so just that one time I put the teeny gun in the first slot.

Now, I'm sure you can guess where this is goin'. I walked a few hundred into the woods, there, and sure enough, I picked up some bunny tracks right away. Followed them two, maybe three in, and then I spotted a little movement off in the distance. I whipped out the binoculars and, sure enough, there's a Snowshoe wandering about, minding its own business on the opposite rise, maybe fifty meters out. So I think to myself, "self: single stationary bunny fifty meters out with no cover," dead shot, man. It was a nice, fat one, too. Looked like a real high score, it did. I never got the chance to find out though—I pressed two (like I always do for small game), sighted up, held my breath and kablamazammo.

Now, I'd brought the plinker, so I was expecting something like "PLICK!" and a bunny falling over. What I got, of course, was "KABOOM!" The bunny exploded, nuclear mushroom cloud of fur bits, blood everywhere, shockwaves through the snow drifts, trees fallin' over, sitka deer dropping their sunglasses down their snouts and staring in some juxtaposition of awe and disgust, sirens off in the distance.

It took me a good long minute for it to sink in, and I just sorta tiptoed backwards toward the lodge hoping that all of those spies Doc has roaming around out there didn't see me.

They did, of course, and I got the angry messages—he had me sweepin' out lodges for months, and I had to fork out my own gm$ for the funeral. BUT, I learned my lesson, and I always keep my rifles straight these days.

Some of that might'a been embellished. Just a little bit.
TalonLePineapple
Tracker

Post by TalonLePineapple »

I don't have a great story, however there was a week where I shot 4 rares in 5 days, absolutely insane. Needless to say, my lodge got some nice additions pretty fast :D
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

i think two stand out for me. 3 non typicals in one mp hunt and got them all

and this big albino big bull elk

piomarvado
Scout

Post by piomarvado »

My first rare animal. I picked it up on 2015/05/01, was coming near tower 2 in Loggers Point, at the time played the free version, could only get mule deer. That's why I hate pigs. :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”