Charging Grizzly - successfull closer shots

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Violator31
Outfitter

Re: Charging Grizzly - successfull closer shots

Post by Violator31 »

You guys are right about the other animals getting defensive when injured.

Also, they recently did something to tweak the attack mode.
"Boar & Bear behavior: Added a check, so that one can’t exploit the fact that the animal needs to turn to be able to line up a charge. Before, a player could walk up to an angry animal, and then just make sure to walk in a circle around it. Now, the animal will run if the players comes close to it."
I was charged a few times lately by Bison. It seems like they used to charge from straight on. They would get line up & come at you or they would bluff & repeat. These last couple of times they would be at an angle to me the blast out of that into me. I like it. It caught me more off guard. I haven't tested that with bears yet.
It did cost me a couple of medkits :lol: but it was more fun. I hit them but I had to do a little tracking.
Signature Stats
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

ronMctube wrote:gunna need a Doc to get that out :lol:
8-)
on a side note love getting animals to attack.great fun.i think more danger aspects should be in the game. ;)
I totally agree. The bleed animals, like grizzly for instance, never attack the hunter, it's no good thing. I hope in the future this feature will be improved, for other species too. There's don't have to be any of it for granted. More danger aspect in the game yeah! I need more adrenaline for fun :mrgreen:
Last edited by 1Al on October 6th, 2017, 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Violator31 wrote:You guys are right about the other animals getting defensive when injured.

Also, they recently did something to tweak the attack mode.
"Boar & Bear behavior: Added a check, so that one can’t exploit the fact that the animal needs to turn to be able to line up a charge. Before, a player could walk up to an angry animal, and then just make sure to walk in a circle around it. Now, the animal will run if the players comes close to it."
I was charged a few times lately by Bison. It seems like they used to charge from straight on. They would get line up & come at you or they would bluff & repeat. These last couple of times they would be at an angle to me the blast out of that into me. I like it. It caught me more off guard. I haven't tested that with bears yet.
It did cost me a couple of medkits :lol: but it was more fun. I hit them but I had to do a little tracking.
Lately I haven't played for a while, now I noticed that grizzlies often attack differently than straight on, they charge in a different way less obvious. I like that :mrgreen:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

My 250th Grizzly bear since I've been playing this wonderful game for 8 months :mrgreen:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/11al/score/567553459

Unfortunately the usual bug didnt upload the image.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

With the Grizzly Bears vanished into thin air, today for the first time I was charged by Black Bear in ìn RFF, finally I'd say :mrgreen:

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/11al/score/591277677
Columbo
Tracker

Post by Columbo »

This lady was getting a little too familiar:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/colu ... /609180344

She charged me and I was struggling to get my revolver, so there was a little push (my hunter moved slightly) by her just as I fired the weapon. Luckily no injuries for me :) I took another shot as I wasn´t sure where the first one hit.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Good and very close shot :mrgreen: even if not charging, anyway when these situations happen it's always the funniest moment of the game :D
I wonder because to make the GB hunting less easy, they instead of making the GB a bunch of pansy, they not made the hunting harder, increasing bears IA and making them meaner, making the close-range challenge more difficult, with less chance to kill them and survival for the hunter. Making at the same time the hunting funnier. They got on the wrong way.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

With the new pansy grizzlies it's always diffcult getting back moments like these :mrgreen:

1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

A shot from 4 mt, below the screenshot sequence

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/11al/score/611892046

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”