Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Post by Villkatta »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Hi guys, can someone please tell me if this is an Albino.
The animals harvested page shows it as being brown in colour, and the scorecard lists it as being common. Thanks !
It's a common white. An albino would have "albino" on the score sheet.
They're very hard to tell apart in the game.

JaggyBunnet
Tracker

Post by JaggyBunnet »

Thanks for the reply, nice to know i wasted 10 em$ on taxidermy. :)
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Thanks for the reply, nice to know i wasted 10 em$ on taxidermy. :)
Money spent on goats is never wasted! ;)
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Got this pretty little girl last night hunting with Moon for a bit. Been a while since either of us had seen a rare Canada Goose:

4052.538 Brown Leucistic

Almost lost it too as the game bugged out when I hit "taxidermize", and every time I went back in the stats to try again, I'd get an error msg. It eventually sorted itself out tho.
Thing is, we also saw a Bald Leucistic flying away a bit before this one came in, but neither of us had seen it intially and by the time we saw it, it was flying away. Moon took a couple of shots at it, but missed/winged it

Side note: I love the customizations for the trophy lodges, gives them a much better personal feel!
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

Nice goose BnB!

Man i would rip my hair off if i’d loose a Bald leucistic :(

Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

JaggyBunnet wrote:Thanks for the reply, nice to know i wasted 10 em$ on taxidermy. :)
Don't blame yourself, telling albino goats from common white is probably the hardest thing you can do when it comes to rares.
The long haired whites are especially hard. Short haired white has more of a "cream" base color, while the long haired has "cream" color on the long fur, but pearly white base color.

To make things harder, Albino goats doesn't have red eyes, pink hooves or such things a regular albino would. You can have a look at a short haired albino here:
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... start=7300

You could take a look here for more photos of various fur colors: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=79180

Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Nice goose, Chuck. Got a similar one yesterday:

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Thing is, we also saw a Bald Leucistic flying away a bit before this one came in, but neither of us had seen it intially and by the time we saw it, it was flying away. Moon took a couple of shots at it, but missed/winged it
I think if I saw a bald leucistic fly away I wouldn't leave my waterfowl blind for the next hours until it came back. :?
Image Image Image
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post your Albino/Piebald/Melanistic!

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Nice goose, Chuck. Got a similar one yesterday:

BucksNBuffalo wrote:Thing is, we also saw a Bald Leucistic flying away a bit before this one came in, but neither of us had seen it intially and by the time we saw it, it was flying away. Moon took a couple of shots at it, but missed/winged it
I think if I saw a bald leucistic fly away I wouldn't leave my waterfowl blind for the next hours until it came back. :?
Had no choice sadly. When the game messed upon selecting the taxidermy option, I could not enter blinds or tent again as no prompts would come up. We tried for a while, hoping it would come back, but with me stuck laying prone next to the blind it made it tough to get any more geese to get into shooting range. Believe me, we certainly tried!
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Just found this nice piebald red deer stag. Rubbish score, but at least he has something on his head.

FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Nice rare guys, congrats Marc, David and BucksNBuffalo :)

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”