Ask Me Anything with José

Collection of useful resources, including forum info and functionality, Dev AMAs and everything else you want to have a quick access to.
Bucky1015
Spotter

Re: Ask Me Anything with José

Post by Bucky1015 »

Hello Jose!
Thank you for taking time to answer our questions! Here are four of mine:
1. What is it like having to learn the movements and actions that are used in animations?
2. Winchester 1873 rifle or Winchester 1883 shotgun?
3. Will there soon be TheHunter's version of the Feared Five? (Most Dangerous Animals in the game)
4. Colt Peace Maker or Taurus Raging Bull? (Revolvers)
Outlaw88uk
Spotter

Post by Outlaw88uk »

extremebowhunter12 wrote: 3.) will bow penetration ever be changed to fit more realistic hunting based off real life? cause the bows perform less than what they should, a recurve for instance should be able to get double lunglung on an elk even at 40 yards with around a 60-70lb bow. and for deer even further. compounds at 60lbs like I have used irl can double lung an elk at 70-75 yards just fine.
4.) will we ever receive arrow pass through's? a bowhunting aspect that seems to be missing, with bows 50lbs and up, you should get pass through's a bit, unless its a longbow or recurve at those pounds, 60+lbs will get you pass through's on a recurve and a longbow a little lest than that.
5.) add more bows to game? we haven't had a new bow in a long while. The various compounds and traditional bows can be heavily improved on based on the variety out there. heck I wouldn't mind a week of just you guys making bows for the game :lol:

I have come to see that the more something gets asked for the more likely it will be added into the game, so I ask/plea people to quote and agree with these points in particular, as they are a fundamental part for bow hunters. Jose please give us bow hunters some good news :D
azwoodsman
Spotter

Post by azwoodsman »

Jose

Thanks for the AMA
1) Can the turkey be changed or fixed so he does not look like a flamingo with the head cranking animation they don't do that, at least I have never seen one do it.
2) I think a lot of animation could be added to deer IE, rack rubbing, scratching neck ear with hind leg, pawing at the ground, foot stomp when danger is detected lots of others that would make it cool
just to watch them.
3) as asked earlier the whole bear thing on hind legs is important
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

Hi,

Bit late here and didn't looked deeply into all the questions already asked, just tried to read really quick so i apologize if this was already asked :

- Is there any plans for being able to lean left and right, even slightly ?
like when we are bow hunting and behind a tree having the possibility to lean a bit left or right without having to make a full step or more to see what is going on and doing this often taking the risk to spook the animal quickly when a quick lean of the head to make a rapid look will be so much better.

- Why with bows it is not possible to move while in crouch position having the bow " armed " with an arrow in aiming mode, it is possible to do this while in standing position so why not when crouch ? ( pretty sure it is possible irl with bow not too long ) Will this be implemented at some point ?

- About the animals, i often find myself chasing animals that were really strongly hit and have serious damages, yet they seems to run and do everything at a normal speed, not affected by one arrow in the middle of them body or 2 bullets that hit them, I find it a bit too unrealistic that an animal heavily damaged can flee at full speed like it does when not damaged and this for a long long period of time with some species , is it possible to change the animations of the animals when they are severely hit so maybe they run less fast or for way less distance before start trotting slowly or else because they took too much damages and just can't run anymore like when they are perfectly fine ?

Actually in game they seems to keep them normal full capacities and are not affected at all by damages made, they will eventually bleed out totally and die but before this they are still performing as when they are in perfect health, can you say anything about this please ?

Thanks a lot

Thanks.
HunterVK
Scout

Post by HunterVK »

I have only three questions..:
1) Can you stop rain in Hirschfelden ?
2) Can you stop rain in Hirschfelden ?
3) Can you stop rain in Hirschfelden ?

Thanks!!!!
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

HunterVK wrote:I have only three questions..:

Thanks!!!!
Please!!!
Spoiler:
L3M182
Outfitter

Post by L3M182 »

XINTIMID88ORX wrote:
HunterVK wrote:I have only three questions..:

Thanks!!!!
Please!!!

or make it sound less like im under a tarpaulin during a monsoon. Actually that goes for all reserves.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

OH!! I completely forgot one!! And I actually cannot believe I did forget this because this is IMPORTANT! ANY deer hunter will tell you the importance!!
A REALLY big thing: when bucks spook, or notice you, they make a very distinct blowing sound. We call that getting busted. The animation is already there, when the buck stops and stares at you. It is at that point you should hear the alarm, the "wheeze" if you will. A couple of vids for ya to show you what I mean:

http://youtu.be/UhrF3YkZVzg

http://youtu.be/B8QM2K3ihQo

I cannot stress the importance of this sound. To a hunter, this sound means the gig is up, don't move a single muscle. This is something that has been missing in this game from the very beginning, and had always had the animation or at least the start. What do ya think?
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:OH!! I completely forgot one!! And I actually cannot believe I did forget this because this is IMPORTANT! ANY deer hunter will tell you the importance!!
A REALLY big thing: when bucks spook, or notice you, they make a very distinct blowing sound. We call that getting busted. The animation is already there, when the buck stops and stares at you. It is at that point you should hear the alarm, the "wheeze" if you will. A couple of vids for ya to show you what I mean:

http://youtu.be/UhrF3YkZVzg

http://youtu.be/B8QM2K3ihQo

I cannot stress the importance of this sound. To a hunter, this sound means the gig is up, don't move a single muscle. This is something that has been missing in this game from the very beginning, and had always had the animation or at least the start. What do ya think?
\
Amen brother.
Spoiler:
james990
Outfitter

Post by james990 »

1) Will Caribou ever be an animal to hunt?
2) What type of reserve do you think would be the best reserve to be added next?
3) Would you like an African or Australian map to be released?

Thank you :D

Return to “Official Game and Forum Information”