Give us back Grizzly Bears as before, please

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
WolfLQ
Tracker

Re: Give us back Grizzly Bears as before, please

Post by WolfLQ »

Sherab86 wrote: Yeah, and this is exactly what I would expect. :) So I do agree, they may still need to be tweaked somehow. But not in the way, they were before. First you have to get close enough (without spooking them) to make them angry when they'll suddenly become aware of your presence. ;)
Ahh OK, I agree with you then.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Like others have said, the way they were hunted in game b'fore was nonsense. Now that we can no longer simply run up to their faces and drop 'em in their tracks, is better and realistic. No changes needed, in that regard at all. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

BCKidd wrote:Like others have said, the way they were hunted in game b'fore was nonsense. Now that we can no longer simply run up to their faces and drop 'em in their tracks, is better and realistic. No changes needed, in that regard at all. ;) Peace.

BCKidd.
I'm stoked about the 'new and improved' bears, and am anxious to give them a try! I bagged 175 polar bears for Tod1d's Twins Comp and I was miserable and bored by the end of it. I've wanted a realistic challenge since Day 1, so I'm up for it.

However, without having hunted them yet, I probably should have kept my mouth shut earlier, so I apologize for that. And I also feel it for those who've had something they enjoyed buffed from the game. I've that happen here myself before and it blows.

EDIT: Polar bear statistic.
Last edited by JimboCrow on February 1st, 2018, 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

I'm really happy that the bears got changed. Makes it much more realistic and challenging.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

I've got a great idea,.. lets make this game into a real simulator,...
where hunting animals takes a lot of real time and real hunter experience,.. and you put your abilities one on one with the animal you're after.
and see how well everybody does with that, one or two animals in a week maybe?
I mean you guys do really want it as close to real life hunting as it can get don't you?
Or are you all forgetting this is a game only?
What's the point of a game when you can't shoot a few animals within a couple hours?
Simple.....No Fun!
By the way I had a great hunt last night! I played on the old map of WHI,....
now that was fun and a lot of shooting......................:lol:
WT & BT deer, Roosevelt Elk, Turkeys, Coyotes...........and they were all shoot-able!
I still didn't get no big trophies or rares though........... :)
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

I like the bears as they are now. I got a chance to hunt a couple grizzlies last night, one of which ran me over before I even had a chance to get my bow out ;) It didn't take a great deal of effort either. Found a track, followed it til the circle was solid, crouched the rest of the way and got close enough for it to charge me and because of the terrain it was on top of me in no time :) I like the way it is now, don't change a thing :P
Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Seifer wrote:I like the bears as they are now. I got a chance to hunt a couple grizzlies last night, one of which ran me over before I even had a chance to get my bow out ;) It didn't take a great deal of effort either. Found a track, followed it til the circle was solid, crouched the rest of the way and got close enough for it to charge me and because of the terrain it was on top of me in no time :) I like the way it is now, don't change a thing :P
I haven't tried them since they ran like rabbits...........
I hope they're worthy enough to put a bullet right between their eyes with my .454 handgun.......... :)
Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

gas56 wrote:
Seifer wrote:I like the bears as they are now. I got a chance to hunt a couple grizzlies last night, one of which ran me over before I even had a chance to get my bow out ;) It didn't take a great deal of effort either. Found a track, followed it til the circle was solid, crouched the rest of the way and got close enough for it to charge me and because of the terrain it was on top of me in no time :) I like the way it is now, don't change a thing :P
I haven't tried them since they ran like rabbits...........
I hope they're worthy enough to put a bullet right between their eyes with my .454 handgun.......... :)
I encountered 2 last night in a short time and was charged by both :)
Spoiler:

Seifer
Hunter

Post by Seifer »

Polar Bears seems good too. On WRR now, was waiting on a fox to come to me when I heard the heavy steps of a polar bear. As soon as it saw me it charged me :P
Last edited by Seifer on February 2nd, 2018, 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler:

InstinctiveArcher
Outfitter

Post by InstinctiveArcher »

gas56 wrote:I've got a great idea,.. lets make this game into a real simulator,...
where hunting animals takes a lot of real time and real hunter experience,.. and you put your abilities one on one with the animal you're after.
and see how well everybody does with that, one or two animals in a week maybe?
I mean you guys do really want it as close to real life hunting as it can get don't you?
Or are you all forgetting this is a game only?
What's the point of a game when you can't shoot a few animals within a couple hours?
Simple.....No Fun!
By the way I had a great hunt last night! I played on the old map of WHI,....
now that was fun and a lot of shooting......................:lol:
WT & BT deer, Roosevelt Elk, Turkeys, Coyotes...........and they were all shoot-able!
I still didn't get no big trophies or rares though........... :)
I don't necessarily want a true to life simulation. You and I both know that wouldn't fly to well :lol:
I'm just thinking that having it somewhat accurate is ok. In this case, bears fleeing. I use the word realistic very loosely when I say that them fleeing would be more realistic then them just standing there every time you run up to 40 yards and then coming after you.

In hunting, impossible doesn't exist any more than a sure thing does. - Tom Miranda

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”