Give us back Grizzly Bears as before, please

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

I decided to open this topic to gather all theHunter users and requests here, to want the "old" Grizzlies back, for much more fun and different way to hunt in the Evergreen Hunting Reserve.
There are so much animals to hunt in stealth way, one or two different way to hunt, for PB and Grizzlies is the best. To differ and diversify is better.
Sherab86
Hunter

Re: Give us back Grizzly Bears as before, please

Post by Sherab86 »

I'm sure you will gather big number of players sharing your feelings.

But from me - please, don't!!! :P Ok. I'm not saying the way theyt are now, even after last update, is already fully good. They perhaps still need some tweaks. But personally, I want them to be as close to reality as possible, and for sure they shouldn't be as agressive as they were before.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Sherab86 wrote:I'm sure you will gather big number of players sharing your feelings.

But from me - please, don't!!! :P Ok. I'm not saying the way theyt are now, even after last update, is already fully good. They perhaps still need some tweaks. But personally, I want them to be as close to reality as possible, and for sure they shouldn't be as agressive as they were before.
I don't want the arcade bears back either.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

JimboCrow wrote:I don't want the arcade bears back either.
There are many other animals to hunt in other ways. I dont think it'd be arcade bears just for some aggressive bears. And bears are not deers. With the old Grizzlies you had a choice how to hunt them, not now.
I want a choice how to hunt bears. And I want more fun in this game, like before.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

See, your first mistake is “I want”. That leads to expectations, and expectations lead to disappointment. You can fight all you want, the fact of the matter is that they were messed up from the start and were never intended to be as aggressive as they were. Sure, it was fun, but it was also FAR too easy. Basically cheapened any Trophy Grizzly Bear. There was nothing to it, find a Bear and chase it, until it attacked. Worked 100% of the time. EW just corrected a mistake, a long standing mistake that just happened to come along with another bug that reared its head (bears spooking and constantly running). Think for a minute. If you’ve been around a while, you know exactly how EW operates, and you should have known the overly aggressive Bear behavior was wrong. Fun, yes. But still wrong. Now with the fix, the Grizzly Bears are fine and the way they were intended. Change hunting styles, and you’ll find they are just as easy as before. It’s honestly the Polar Bear that needs a jump in aggression, not the Grizzly.

Edit:
Basically, what I have said was pretty much covered in today’s SU: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?t=85912
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

I agree with BNB . Players , with this kind of changes , situations , like its now intended , should changes , adapt their hunting ways , their playing .
I really don't think it should be the other way around !

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

1Al wrote:
JimboCrow wrote:I don't want the arcade bears back either.
There are many other animals to hunt in other ways. I dont think it'd be arcade bears just for some aggressive bears. And bears are not deers. With the old Grizzlies you had a choice how to hunt them, not now.
I want a choice how to hunt bears. And I want more fun in this game, like before.
Well, on the same basis, one can argue that there are already animals to with you can simply approach very close, without much effort, not spooking them, and then shooting them. Eventually provoke them to charge and then shoot. This goes highly for moose, or famous for this bison. I think Water Buffalo belong here too, to much extend.

I don' know how it is acutally IRL with moose and water buffalo. But from what I saw (on YT), for bisons this is not that much unreallistic, I guess. From what I saw for buffalo (maybe two videos, so not much), they seems to be a little bit more wary I think. Don't know completely how about a moose.

I think we can fairly say, that every player has some expectations towards the game, or some parts of it. It is however hard to sattisfie everyone, and EW need to choose some patch of developing the game, so to speak. In case of bears they went a patch of realism, and this highly suits me, and my expectations. From my personal standpoint, the more realism, the better. :)

And I would say you still have a choice - you can still try to stalk them very close - this simply will require much more effort than used to. Or you can choose to look for them from distance, and use some magnum cartridges. So the choice still is there. ;)

Best wishes!
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

My expectation is very simple, that the game may be more diversified therefore more fun, and the grizzlies are not deers disguised as bears. That's all.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

Sherab86 wrote:I'm sure you will gather big number of players sharing your feelings.

Close to reality would be always fleeing if they hear or smell you from a long distance, and almost always at least charging, if not mauling, if you startle them. There's a reason you wear bear bells and make a bunch of noise when you're hiking in grizzly country--if you startle them up close, they are not going to run. I have never heard of a startled grizzly fleeing, if you startle one you need to start thinking about what you're going to do. Best-case scenario they'll bluff charge. There shouldn't be a significant chance of them fleeing, after the update it seems 50/50 which is just not accurate.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... grizzlies/
Notably, Smith says, brown bears inflicted more injuries than any other species in Alaska. The average brown bear encounter is more dangerous—3.5 times more likely to result in injury—than the average polar bear encounter, and 21 times more dangerous than the average black bear encounter, according to Smith and colleague Stephen Herrero, professor emeritus at the University of Calgary in Canada.
http://riverjournal.com/vivvo/outdoors/ ... 12011.html
Be aware that charges are triggered by startling a grizzly at a distance of 50 yards or less. People accidentally encroach on a bear’s personal space, which forces the animal to make a hasty decision: fight or flee? You just have to get close enough.
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1544850243
A grizzly will never flee when startled at 60 yards or less. If you cross paths with a grizzly at close range, decisions need to be made immediately for how you will defend yourself. Do not rely on bear spray.
https://www.udap.com/mm5/Bear-Safety-Tips
Often times grizzly bears will essentially ignore people until a person enters into a bear's "personal space". Even groups as large as 100 people have been ignored by grizzly bears until one of the group gets too close. Most bears are timid enough to flee a possible encounter if they sense the presence of something or someone soon enough to leave the area undetected. On the other hand, when a bear is surprised, the bear may see you as a threat, forcing an immediate response.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

WolfLQ wrote:

Close to reality would be always fleeing if they hear or smell you from a long distance, and almost always at least charging, if not mauling, if you startle them. There's a reason you wear bear bells and make a bunch of noise when you're hiking in grizzly country--if you startle them up close, they are not going to run. I have never heard of a startled grizzly fleeing, if you startle one you need to start thinking about what you're going to do. Best-case scenario they'll bluff charge. There shouldn't be a significant chance of them fleeing, after the update it seems 50/50 which is just not accurate.

https://news.nationalgeographic.com/201 ... grizzlies/
Notably, Smith says, brown bears inflicted more injuries than any other species in Alaska. The average brown bear encounter is more dangerous—3.5 times more likely to result in injury—than the average polar bear encounter, and 21 times more dangerous than the average black bear encounter, according to Smith and colleague Stephen Herrero, professor emeritus at the University of Calgary in Canada.
http://riverjournal.com/vivvo/outdoors/ ... 12011.html
Be aware that charges are triggered by startling a grizzly at a distance of 50 yards or less. People accidentally encroach on a bear’s personal space, which forces the animal to make a hasty decision: fight or flee? You just have to get close enough.
https://books.google.com/books?isbn=1544850243
A grizzly will never flee when startled at 60 yards or less. If you cross paths with a grizzly at close range, decisions need to be made immediately for how you will defend yourself. Do not rely on bear spray.
https://www.udap.com/mm5/Bear-Safety-Tips
Often times grizzly bears will essentially ignore people until a person enters into a bear's "personal space". Even groups as large as 100 people have been ignored by grizzly bears until one of the group gets too close. Most bears are timid enough to flee a possible encounter if they sense the presence of something or someone soon enough to leave the area undetected. On the other hand, when a bear is surprised, the bear may see you as a threat, forcing an immediate response.
Yeah, and this is exactly what I would expect. :) So I do agree, they may still need to be tweaked somehow. But not in the way, they were before. First you have to get close enough (without spooking them) to make them angry when they'll suddenly become aware of your presence. ;)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”