CotW Controls/Character movement in Classic

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
D3AKUs
Hunter

CotW Controls/Character movement in Classic

Post by D3AKUs »

Jumping. I still , up to this day, cant believe u can not jump in this game. This would help a lot with all the horrible rocks and other crap blocking movement in some reserves.

Also being able to "sprint" and fasten up your movement when chrouching and prone like in Call of the Wild. Ofc with the bigger risk of spooking animals when closer.

Quality of life changes that would improve the gameplay a lot in my oppinion.

Everytime i play CotW i ask myself why this wasnt implemented into classic in the first place.
The way we are able to move ingame just feels very,very,very outdated and sometimes unrealistic.
More then once i had the feeling i am playing with a one legged,clumsy,1000kg robot.

+

Give us the option to remove the scope of our weapon per one button too, thats an awesome feature CotW also has :)
strandjutter
Scout

Re: CotW Controls/Character movement in Classic

Post by strandjutter »

D3AKUs wrote:Jumping. I still , up to this day, cant believe u can not jump in this game. This would help a lot with all the horrible rocks and other crap blocking movement in some reserves.

Also being able to "sprint" and fasten up your movement when chrouching and prone like in Call of the Wild. Ofc with the bigger risk of spooking animals when closer.

Everytime i play CotW i ask myself why this wasnt implemented into classic in the first place.
The way we are able to move ingame just feels very,very,very outdated and sometimes unrealistic.
More then once i had the feeling i am playing with a one legged,clumsy,1000kg robot.

+

Give us the option to remove the scope of our weapon per one button too, thats an awesome feature CotW also has :)

Just go play COTW and be a happy Hunter !!

I'm happy with Classic ( what's in a name) for 5 years now !

D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

strandjutter wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Jumping. I still , up to this day, cant believe u can not jump in this game. This would help a lot with all the horrible rocks and other crap blocking movement in some reserves.

+

Just go play COTW and be a happy Hunter !!

LeL
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

strandjutter wrote:Just go play COTW and be a happy Hunter !!

Being happy with Classic doesn't mean that he can't like some things from CotW and suggest to implement them. I'm happy with Classic too, but I'd love to be able to jump, especially when hunting bighorn in the mountains of TGT - those rocky areas are just a pain.
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Be able to jump is one of the features that I really like to see in theHunter Classic!
And change movement speed is another good feature. Just like the Splinter Cell games! :D Change mowing speed with scroll wheel!
Season Stats
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

HD_Artworks wrote:Be able to jump is one of the features that I really like to see in theHunter Classic!
And change movement speed is another good feature. Just like the Splinter Cell games! :D Change mowing speed with scroll wheel!
Didnt even think of that one ! Good idea , adjusting movement speed manually would be insanely good :D
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

D3AKUs wrote: Didnt even think of that one ! Good idea , adjusting movement speed manually would be insanely good :D
Yeah, that's a cool feature and I think about it a few month ago!
One of the reasons that I always liked the Splinter Cell series is being able to change movement speed by your needs! :D
D3AKUs wrote:Give us the option to remove the scope of our weapon per one button too, thats an awesome feature CotW also has :)
I didn't know that! I don't play CotW but I like it.
To remove the scope with only one button is another handy feature! IMO, the "Delete" button can do that! ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

No doubt jumping would be a big help in Classic but IMO Classic has more going for it then CoTW. Having to tie up a separate key to go prone in CoTW is stupid. Pressing CTRL twice is much more intuitive.

I really dont play CoTW anymore which is ironic since through it I discovered classic. I borderline despise how CoTW handles hit registration & more importantly penetration. It ruins it for me when I shoot a nice buck at 30yds with a 270 & the bullet barely clips the collar bone & stops tying me up for the next 30min tracking it.

Ringalor
Tracker

Post by Ringalor »

Is there another forum, like this one, for Call of the wild?
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

COTW has a separate thread here. For those who play it. This the tHC forum, and it was sneaky of you D3AKUs to get this thread talking about COTW in the Classic forum. Hoping the mods move this, and others like it.

No offense, just my opinion.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”