Deer/bear/goat-only lodges

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
_dfad_
Scout

Deer/bear/goat-only lodges

Post by _dfad_ »

May be my idea is not new, but I have only checked topics from several recent months... So forgive me if the same was discussed a year or two ago. :)

I think it would be great to have a sort of lodge to display fur variations of same animal. For example, a lodge where one could place all five variations of black bear at one wall, and all four brownies or grizzlies at another, but without an ability to display foxes or ducks in the same room. Similarly, another lodge could held 20-25 different deers and elks only, mostly as heads. We also have 13 variations of sheeps and goats in a game, and 14 foxes, coyotes and wolves - why not to allow display them as grouped color variations? Finally, we have 30 variations for birds, and that's for males only. It would be nice to have a kind of varmint lodge where we could place bigger groups of birds or rabbits of same specie.

Your opinion?

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: Deer/bear/goat-only lodges

Post by Tod1d »

More options in the lodges, so you could configure them any way you want would be a nice improvement.
So, rather than limiting the specific platforms/bases where you can place trophies, they could open it up and allow you place a new animal on any base on which it would fit, and then place it anywhere, within reason, in your lodge.
Then you could create your lodge with variations of only a few species, and someone else could create theirs with, say all of their personal bests. Or you could set them up per reserve, or all small game, or whatever you desire.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Tod1d wrote:More options in the lodges, so you could configure them any way you want would be a nice improvement.
So, rather than limiting the specific platforms/bases where you can place trophies, they could open it up and allow you place a new animal on any base on which it would fit, and then place it anywhere, within reason, in your lodge.
Then you could create your lodge with variations of only a few species, and someone else could create theirs with, say all of their personal bests. Or you could set them up per reserve, or all small game, or whatever you desire.
This would be great. I don't care to hunt small game, i.e. rabbits, fox, non-waterfowl birds, so I'm not going to get any trophy worthy kills of those species, yet each lodge has wasted platforms (in my case..your mileage may vary) that I could be using for REAL trophies. Tod1d and _dfad_ have some very good ideas.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Customizable Lodge yeeeeees. It would be a nice addition. a lodge for each reserve that can contain all the animals of that specific reserve, including rare, color variations, etc.
WolfLQ
Tracker

Post by WolfLQ »

I would like more options too. Especially in the Classy lodge, there is sooooo much unused floor space, I would love to have more full-body mounting options available there. Rustic could do well with more places for trophies, too, I don't like having to climb the stairs to look at my foxes.

For example... this is really boring, all that unused wall and floor space (and space used for decor, instead of full-body mounts):

Imagine that space covered in birds and other smaller animals, which can easily be full-bodies, freeing up more floor space for more impressive mounts:

If we had a deer room... this would be good inspiration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtmGYPHzM1Q
Last edited by WolfLQ on December 30th, 2017, 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(Not a newbie! Back after a few years hiatus.)
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

Tod1d wrote:More options in the lodges, so you could configure them any way you want would be a nice improvement.
I'd love this. I still haven't put a single bird in my lodge, but I really wish there were more full-body mounts for deer, elk and so forth.

I'd still also love "natural" mounts where you can full-body pose deer, sheep, wolves, goats etc as if climbing, on rocks and grass on the platform.
_dfad_
Scout

Post by _dfad_ »

EW, you are the best! Just few weeks, and here it is, duck lodge!

Let's hope it's not the last one, and I dream that we'll see new lodges once, one with 14+ medium platforms (as written above, there are 13 fur variations of sheeps and goats in a game, and 14 foxes, coyotes and wolves), and another with 10+ large round platforms (bears, bears, bears!)

"5 FPS at Picabeen Bay" club ;)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”