An updated map system

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Zaitzev82
Spotter

An updated map system

Post by Zaitzev82 »

The in game map as it is now is somewhat limited in its use. It is missing some features that I believe can't be too hard to implement.

What if it got some upgrades in terms of planning/drawing tools, placeable icons and other map related graphics. When I start or join a game, be it single- or multiplayer, I would love to spend some time planning and plotting a route. Likewise it could be useful for plotting kills, spotted animals/tracks and such. In multiplayer it could be useful for drawing up various information related to each player or to the server as a whole. Other threads has mentioned some upgrades to the HunterMate, and this is somewhat related. An expansion of the freehand drawing tool and the ability to place various icons/markers with no limits. This alongside multicolor tracking icons in the HM would be sweet!

If it has been mentioned in other threads I apologize, the search function isn't the most optimal and/or I suck at looking in the right places. :)
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Re: An updated map system

Post by Tod1d »

It's been suggested many times. But it's still a good suggestion.

The HM/Map could have all the functionality of a modern GPS system. With both temporary & permanent marks/icons, the ability to plot, save, and follow routes, and at least a couple more zoom levels.
It would be really cool if the map were a little more accurate & detailed. I'm thinking something like a USGS or ArcGIS topo map.

Many have admitted that they would pay for an "HM 2.0" if it were released. I would. Now they just need to find the resources to build it. ;)
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
RidgeBack69
Outfitter

Post by RidgeBack69 »

I would absolutely pay for HM 2.0 if it had a feature that allowed you to change the track.
example: The GPS in my boat is set track up and would always have the way you are traveling at the top of the screen or you could set it to north up where north would always be at the top.
Spoiler:
Zaitzev82
Spotter

Post by Zaitzev82 »

Tod1d wrote:It's been suggested many times. But it's still a good suggestion.
I'll take that as it'll never happen then. Oh well. Guess I'll keep to spreadsheets and Photoshop plotting. :P
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

I like your ideas. :) I would be happy for multiple "dots" at least, to mark more than one location on the map. :)
Knut
Outfitter

Post by Knut »

I'd be already happy if the map wouldn't be a smaller scale than displayed in the huntermate at my screen resolution.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" ― Isaac Asimov

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”