Hunting For 'Sasquatch' Needs To Be In The Hunter

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Hunting For 'Sasquatch' Needs To Be In The Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

With the incredible beauty of the maps, advanced tracking system, and depth of this game.....the #1 addition I would Love to see included is the ability to track and hunt for 'Sasquatch' (Bigfoot). Why not? And have it NOT be cheesy. I want that feeling of 'mystery' about it where you have to search for something illusive and mysterious. Not something that is portrayed like a cartoon character like other games (rare but also cheesy). What if spotting Sasquatch was rare and challenging where you could gather 'evidence' maybe bring home track castings or something to collect or place in the trophy lodge. Perhaps if you were in a situation where you could shoot at it there would be a mechanic where it would attack.

I wonder if I am a small minority of players who want to experience Sasquatch in The Hunter? I hope there are many others who would Love to see this! For me it would have to Not be cheesy. To NOT be like a Cartoon or satire version of the creature but feel like it's something real that is out there to discover and that would add a creepiness/mystery to the experience. I feel like it would add even more depth to the game which already has so much going for it.

I'd Love thoughts from others in the community about this. :)
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Re: Hunting For 'Sasquatch' Needs To Be In The Hunter

Post by Hawkeye »

Well, you're in luck. Sasquatch is already in. Nobody has killed him, but you can find tracks & hear him from time to time.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Hawkeye wrote:Well, you're in luck. Sasquatch is already in. Nobody has killed him, but you can find tracks & hear him from time to time.
For real? I didn't see anything on the website or forum about this. I saw some videos on youtube but I thought that was a 'special event' only? Where can I find out more about this?
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Thanks for these links. How fun! This is so cool! It sounds like BF is being spotted at Redfeather. That's the perfect map for BF and one of my favorites. Just need a casting kit. But then again it the inventory space would be a waste of space just about all the time. LOL It would be cool if you could bring home something from Sasquatch encounters. I've seen quite a number of reports of Sasquatch leaving gifts of figurines made out of twigs tied together. It would be cool if you could find stuff like that similar to the 'treasure items' the difference being that when you find one of these it's a clue the sasquatch is near. Like something that appears on the trail to sasquatch. I could imagine collecting footprint casts similar to finding antlers maybe a prompt asks you if you want to take a cast without actually having to carry around supplies for that. Whatever the case, it's cool that they have this rare find in the game. I Love to see that aspect expanded a bit more.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I do believe there's a squatch in these woods!! ;)

If you're interested in a fun mission set that revolves around the crypto creatures go check out the sitka deer missions. :) No spoilers :geek:
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:Thanks for these links. How fun! This is so cool! It sounds like BF is being spotted at Redfeather.
You can't see or kill it, not to mention that I've never heard any sound of him or seen any track in more than 8 years of playing this game.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Levado wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:Well, you're in luck. Sasquatch is already in. Nobody has killed him, but you can find tracks & hear him from time to time.
Nobody has killed him, because you can't kill him, not to mention that I've never heard him or seen any track in more than 8 years of hunting. You're making him happy with a dead horse.
I feel like 'hunting for sasquatch' is a feature that needs expansion in the game. I'm new myself to The Hunter and have not had a chance to explore all the maps yet but from what is looks like there are maps that have landmarks and interesting unique features. I Love that. I want to experience fun and interesting 'detours' of adventure in the game aside from straighforward hunting animals. The maps are beautiful and I want to experience adventure apart from endless grinding at scores for the same animals. I Love that about that game...but desire the added component of 'mini adventures' that serve as 'side options'. For example finding 'collectables', discovering 'landmarks', hanging out in and tinkering the 'trophy lodge' all contribute to that feeling of 'immersion' that I need and crave from this game. Hunting for sasquatch would be so cool in this game and given that they have already built a game perfect for this....and given that everything else any other game developer has done 'sasquatch' related makes me cringe and is super cheesy....I think adding sasquatch (what has already been featured The Hunter) they were headed in the right direction and just needs some work. It's awesome...a little more improvements could go far for me.

Here are some things I would like to see added for 'Sasquatch':
-To be 'findable' but still very Rare. From reading comments of others it sounds like Sasquatch rarity is too extremely rare to have it be of much consideration. What if it's not that it's so rare but that the sasquatch behavior in the game is such that they keep themselves well hidden and distance from the player such that spotting one would take special skill, strategy, and effort. That's much different than the appearance being rare as in 'chance'. There could be groups of sasquatch all around the map but also possess traits that make them avoid detection from players. That's more of what I would Love to see and that's very different.

-I'd like to find items such as 'gifts' and 'tracks' and other evidence that can be collected similar to how 'collectables' work in game and/or having something that can be put in the trophy lodge. Maybe even sasquatch it's self! That would be a rare and prized acheivement hey!

-Calls from sasquatch (that make your hair stand up), tracks, misc items/gifts/clues/things to collect/trophies relating to sasquatch are all things I would really Love to see in The Hunter.

Again, I think 'sasquatch' is an area of the game that could add so much adventure and depth and I would Love to see this expanded. It should be listed as a 'rare animal' and from what I can tell it's nonexistent in the game aside from community gossup. I'm not saying that sasquatch should be easy to find. That would be cheesy. It should be rare and difficult to find one. But it should be more 'doable'....something that feels like a real achievement in the game.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”