A New Money System

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
GeneralWardog

A New Money System

Post by GeneralWardog »

I would like a new money system in place.
I am new to the game but I have had it for 3 years. I have not gotten into it because there was no way for a normal player to make money and buy licenses or other items just buy hunting. I know there is a mission and competition system, but what about a system were you would get an amount of money from the harvest. You could have an IRL score for what the animal would score in-real life which would be the GM$. Then you would have your in-game score and that would be your EM$. Please take time the consider it.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: A New Money System

Post by caledonianblues »

Moved to <Thoughts & Suggestions>
Levado
Scout

Post by Levado »

You basically ask them to make everything free, which makes it impossible for the developer to pay the team assigned to this game. We have seem similar requests for years and all of them have been ignored by the developer.
Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Hello GeneralWardog,
welcome to the forum! :)
As Levado said: Similar ideas and suggestions do come up regularly. It seems to be fact that this game is such a niche product that it cannot live from membership subscriptions alone and needs additional microtransactions to be profitable (and survive over all those years). Because of this I doubt that we will ever see a system that allows players to "grind" to weapons or equipment instead of having to buy them with real money. A lot of consumables like scent lures, bait, scent eliminator or camping supplies can be bought with gm$ which you get for missions, but the other stuff - you'll have to shell out a few bucks (pun intended).
Image Image Image
GeneralWardog

Post by GeneralWardog »

Levado wrote:You basically ask them to make everything free, which makes it impossible for the developer to pay the team assigned to this game. We have seem similar requests for years and all of them have been ignored by the developer.
Well there will still be a way for the developers to make money. Have a bonus with the memberships. They can still have the micro-transactions they members will just get a bonus for paying money.
BucksNBuffalo
Master Hunter

Post by BucksNBuffalo »

So basically, you want them to abandon what has worked for years now, and adopt a cross-your-fingers-and-pray type deal? How would you like it if at work one day, where you are making enough money to get by, your boss comes up and says “We are changing the pay structure. You will all come in and do the same amount of work as you do now, but if customers do not buy the full package you will not get paid your full paycheck. We figure it’s best to just give the customers what they want as long as they wait in line long enough. Maybe they’ll buy it afterwards. And then maybe you’ll get paid.”. Something tells me you wouldn’t be to thrilled with that. That’s pretty much what you are saying in a nutshell. As was pointed out above, these “suggestions” come up regularly and have for many years....all of which have been ignored. And look! The game is still going strong, 8 years later. I wouldn’t bank on any changes to their wallets, bud. Trust me, this suggestion is headed to the same place as all the others have.
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

GeneralWardog wrote:I would like a new money system in place.
I am new to the game but I have had it for 3 years. I have not gotten into it because there was no way for a normal player to make money and buy licenses or other items just buy hunting. I know there is a mission and competition system, but what about a system were you would get an amount of money from the harvest. You could have an IRL score for what the animal would score in-real life which would be the GM$. Then you would have your in-game score and that would be your EM$. Please take time the consider it.
So you want to get paid for playing a game that costs someone else money to make. How does this seem remotely fair? How about you just send them money, and not play the game. That is pretty much what you want, just in reverse.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
TheSheWolf
Hunter

Post by TheSheWolf »

I entirely agree that the system needs a revamp, but it isn't as easy as 'drop $gm.' I had written a really big post over here that had a lot more to it, but basically they'd need new incentives for memberships and more microtransactions etc. Drop $gm, sure, but give membership store discounts, have more stuff cost $em, etc. I hate $gm as a thing too and really wish it'd be scratched. I'd rather spend 50 cents on something than have to spend 3k $gm on it, it's kind of ridiculous.

The amount of money that can be sunk into this game is crazy (near EvE-Online-tier), but of course it isn't necessary--unless you want to hunt fowl. A single gun or bow + membership can let you kill most things. The problem is, no hunting game will ever be a "gamers' game." It's a hunter's game, a niche thing where very few people have it as a hobby (comparatively) and spend a ton of money on it. Making it more attractive to the general gamer won't help draw that many more people in, since this is... pretty much the only decent hunting game out there, so everyone who wants a hunting game is here already. So imo, the devs need to keep it profitable with the number of players that they currently have. I stand by what I said in the post that I linked, mind you. I think a rework is overdo. But it's not a simple change.
Sherab86
Hunter

Post by Sherab86 »

Hi GeneralWardog!

I'm still relatively new to the game and I had similar feelings as you have, especially after experiences with some other games advertising themselves as free-to-play. :)

I have nothing against that I have to pay for the game, but I simply don't like the form - a lot, lot of micro-transactions, with are not realy that "micro" - at least from my pocket perspective.

I'm not enitrely convinced with the "niche game" argument too, to be honest. But, let's say it is some point in the discussion. ;)

But I realy liked solutions proposed by TheSheWolf in linked thread.

However I realy doubt EW will ever change "money system".
GeneralWardog

Post by GeneralWardog »

BucksNBuffalo wrote:So basically, you want them to abandon what has worked for years now, and adopt a cross-your-fingers-and-pray type deal? How would you like it if at work one day, where you are making enough money to get by, your boss comes up and says “We are changing the pay structure. You will all come in and do the same amount of work as you do now, but if customers do not buy the full package you will not get paid your full paycheck. We figure it’s best to just give the customers what they want as long as they wait in line long enough. Maybe they’ll buy it afterwards. And then maybe you’ll get paid.”. Something tells me you wouldn’t be to thrilled with that. That’s pretty much what you are saying in a nutshell. As was pointed out above, these “suggestions” come up regularly and have for many years....all of which have been ignored. And look! The game is still going strong, 8 years later. I wouldn’t bank on any changes to their wallets, bud. Trust me, this suggestion is headed to the same place as all the others have.
It might have worked for you but for some people the system doesn't allow them to be able to get other trophies as I can see in yours.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”