Master_Tracker_42e6

falconry

Post by Master_Tracker_42e6 »

what are your guy feelings about put falconry in the game
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: falconry

Post by DYEUZ »

Explain what benefits it would bring to the game ? to the hunters ? to EW ? And how you see this .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

SUPERWEP7
Tracker

Re: falconry

Post by SUPERWEP7 »

Man, I gotta tell ya—I was literally thinking about posting this exact question not fifteen minutes ago. I was thinking about how awesome it would be to launch a red-tail up and have it smash down some pheasants or ducks. Just having that available would be enough to make me go fowl hunting. Don't do that much now because it's too much trouble to set up.

That being said, though, that would be one of the biggest arguments against it—if we can buy a hawk and go bird hunting, then we'd have no incentive to buy decoys, ground blinds, bird guns, retrievers, and the shop is where the revenue comes from. Without the shop, they can't keep things running, and condensing the monetary requirements for bird hunting down to a single item purchase might damage the figures a bit.

Another argument would be: how do they incorporate that into the game as it is? As it stands, we have dogs, but dogs don't kill animals, they just retrieve them or lead us to them so that we, the players, can do the killin. It fits into the existing mechanics rather well. We send a hawk after a pheasant, though, that sucker's toast before we ever even see it. How do you attribute the kill? It raises some issues with the stat-keeping aspect of the game that would have to be resolved.

What happens in multiplayer? What if I send my hawk after some airborne dinner and some other dude tries to claim it? There'd be some issues there that would have to be worked out, I'm sure.

Top all of this off with the undoubtedly massive workload of having to program an entirely new functionality into the game—an airborne actor attacking another actor, be it also airborne or on the ground.

All-in-all, I'd love it if it were made available. I'd grab one on day one. Heck, I'd grab several if there were several to choose from. But, it would take a whole lot of puzzling to incorporate it into the game, I'm sure.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”