gm worth having

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Stealthhunter
Tracker

gm worth having

Post by Stealthhunter »

Sorry guys, didn't know where to put this comment put have put here. I was just wondering if thehunter team was able to change gm so it is able to buy everything, not just small scent spray consumables. I was also thinking that if they did do so could they make gm worth a little more (not as much as me though) but instead of buying scent spray for 1400gm you could get it for 500-800 gm. Please leave suggestions in comment section. Thanks.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Re: gm worth having

Post by caledonianblues »

What you're effectively asking for is for Expansive Worlds to allow you to buy everything in the store with currency that they give you just for playing the game. In other words, make everything completely free.

Why would they do this? The company doesn't make money just because people are playing the game. Quite the opposite, it gets big fat invoices from Google for the infrastructure costs and from CloudFlare for the CDN costs. How do you propose those invoices are paid if everything in the store is free? The game is too niche for memberships to cover those costs, especially with the F2P offering already being too generous.

What about the salaries? The studio is based in one of the most expensive capital cities in the world. Salaries have to reflect that. The developers have to be paid. Imagine the costs involved in creating a new weapon. The 3D model, the 2D artwork, animation, sounds, integration, testing etc. How could the company possibly sustain itself if all that work was written off by putting that new gun in store, available to buy with gm$?

Furthermore you're suggesting to drop the gm$ prices so you can get more for free. Your idea is great for everyone who wants to play the game without having to spend money but if your wish ever came true it'd only be for about a month until the lights went off and theHunter disappeared.

I apologise if my response is a bit curt, but please go back and read your suggestion and ask yourself why any company in their right mind would do this. I've read arguments in the past that it would bring more users to the game. Yep, it probably would. More users that love the fact everything is free. Which means even larger invoices at the end of the month.

What you're asking for is a company to operate for free to provide you with entertainment. The only way everything in the store will ever become purchasable with gm$ is if the membership costs go up and the F2P option gets dropped. And trust me, if that happened, your next suggestion would be to reduce the membership costs because they would have to be pretty steep.

Happy hunting.
Stealthhunter
Tracker

Post by Stealthhunter »

Yes agree with what your saying was only idea not the best of them :| but decided to put it in. It would affect thehunter greatly in prices. Even if they made gm worth a bit more but kept it on the small stuff like taxidermizing or scent spray would be great still but don't know.
Please click this link if you are interested in joining up to the UHCapps site. You can win prizes and earn points to get em on the UHCapps
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I have played many games on-line in my time and believe me theHunter is probably one of the best value games there is..... trust me....
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I have played many games on-line in my time and believe me theHunter is probably one of the best value games there is..... trust me....
trust you I just spent 10 months out of 12 waiting for roaming bug fix do I get refund on membership for game not working value for my money trust me I don't think so
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

dools24 wrote:
Schlachtwolf wrote:I have played many games on-line in my time and believe me theHunter is probably one of the best value games there is..... trust me....
trust you I just spent 10 months out of 12 waiting for roaming bug fix do I get refund on membership for game not working value for my money trust me I don't think so
Yip your are right there, others Games fix the Bugs normally within 5 min of being reported and give you a big ingame currency bonus and a bottle of champagne to your birthday, wash your car,, hell buy you a new one as a way of compensation for any inconvenience caused to your 10 € being affected by the awful terrible bug..... they do a better job at EW than any other online game, try Hero's in the Sky a great fun game but expensive and more bugs than the Amazon which have never been fixed. :roll:
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:
dools24 wrote:
Yip your are right there, others Games fix the Bugs normally within 5 min of being reported and give you a big ingame currency bonus and a bottle of champagne to your birthday, wash your car,, hell buy you a new one as a way of compensation for any inconvenience caused to your 10 € being affected by the awful terrible bug..... they do a better job at EW than any other online game, try Hero's in the Sky a great fun game but expensive and more bugs than the Amazon which have never been fixed. :roll:
$500 a year I expect a game I can play and when hunting is the game and the animals walk off the map and can not be hunted you would think they would fix it a lot quicker that's why most leave after 3 months never to come back
and because it affected the baiting so much they change it then let us pay to fill it at a cost all before they fix it that shows what's first on there priority list that's why there no better then any other gaming company don't make out they are
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

$500 a year, what game are you playing? $35 a year for membership plus what ever else you would like to purchase. So if you are spending $500 a year, $465 of it is by your choice and should not get counted into value for money.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
dools24
Tracker

Post by dools24 »

DHRifleman wrote:$500 a year, what game are you playing? $35 a year for membership plus what ever else you would like to purchase. So if you are spending $500 a year, $465 of it is by your choice and should not get counted into value for money.
Yes you don't need to spend that much and was my choice was making a point as for member ship how many days did the game work for out of the year not talking about little bugs
I know you guys that have been here long time will change your minds on this game that's fine but new players don't see value in this game that is the point I'm trying to make that is what all the players that left game have told me
The gaming industry is getting away with it because players actecpt this if they were renting a house and there tolet was back up for 10 months i bet they wouldnt put up with it and beleave they got value for money
this games not in alpa or betta yet plays like it is a lot of the time everyone I know that left said could be a great game but its just not
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

dools24 wrote:was making a point as for member ship how many days did the game work for out of the year not talking about little bugs
365. The bug you were referring to didn't make the game unplayable. It was a bug that affected bears. An annoying one, I agree, but not a game-breaking one. Or are you referring to a different bug that made the game completely unplayable?
dools24 wrote:new players don't see value in this game that is the point I'm trying to make that is what all the players that left game have told me
That's a pretty broad statement. I suspect some new players see value in the game, otherwise there would be no new subscribers. I understand that this game can get expensive, especially if you want to own everything in the store and get into waterfowl hunting and so on. But I think $35 for a yearly membership is reasonable, and I don't really see how anyone could argue that it's not good value for money. It's less than 10 cents per day. For the purposes of shedding light on the scale of the problem, how many people would you estimate have left the game and approached you with this feedback?
dools24 wrote:this games not in alpa or betta yet plays like it is a lot of the time everyone I know that left said could be a great game but its just not
Well, everyone's entitled to their opinion and if I knew someone who just didn't think it was a great game, I certainly wouldn't encourage them to continue to spend money on it. If you don't like something, you don't like it. Every effort is being made by the development team to improve the quality of the game, and I believe the game is improving all the time.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”