Add a cart to the shop for discounts depends on the amount of items

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Add a cart to the shop for discounts depends on the amount of items

Post by Alphamale1956 »

I don't see why you can't have a trader marketplace where players can trade their equipment and weapons which have been paid for. Plus these weekly sales are a bust...you miss a sale and you have to wait an eternity for it to ever be put back on sale again....instead, why not make the sale custom tailored to the player by offering discount coupons in a weekly/monthly flier that a person could use to buy a weapon or piece of equipment at a discounted price...this would definitely drum up MORE revenue because ALL players benefit...not just those who EW thinks will benefit....COUPON FRIDAY!!!!! Let's get it done
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Alphamale1956 wrote:I don't see why you can't have a trader marketplace where players can trade their equipment and weapons which have been paid for.
Because players trading weapons means less weapon sales for Expansive Worlds. Simple as that.

Your discount code idea is a good one and has been suggested many times before. Unfortunately it would require a store overhaul, which would take time.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:I don't see why you can't have a trader marketplace where players can trade their equipment and weapons which have been paid for.
Because players trading weapons means less weapon sales for Expansive Worlds. Simple as that.
Why does the same system work perfectly fine in warframe tho ? They have pretty much the same microtransaction based shop as the hunter and trading there works very,very well and never has been a problem for the company. People still have to buy the ems from EW to buy stuff from other players and u can limit the amount of trades per day/week/person like Digital Extremes does in Warframe. U even get a 75% discount on platin ( there at least twice year ) to get people into buying cheap plat and get addicted. Its a win win. Old players profit from this and can sell stuff they dont use to newer ones that have to buy ems but get actually a lil more if they find what they desire for a good price. People will still buy enough from the shop. Consumables,Equipment and other covinience and ofc weapons if they dont find them in the market and arent patient. U can make more sales and special actions to make it even more attractive to load up on ems. Like i said before same system , working player based market and they still make a huge fortune out of it.
U just have to start it up the right way. This can even lure in a bunch pf new players as it makes the whole system more attractive. Bought a gun u dont like ? Sell it cheaper put a lil extra ems bought on top and buy something else , profit for u , profit for ew , profit for the guy that bought it , double profit for ew cause that guy had to buy ems before the purchase too - super win for everyone.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

D3AKUs wrote:Why does the same system work perfectly fine in warframe tho ? They have pretty much the same microtransaction based shop as the hunter and trading there works very,very well and never has been a problem for the company. People still have to buy the ems from EW to buy stuff from other players and u can limit the amount of trades per day/week/person like Digital Extremes does in Warframe.
How do you know it works perfectly fine? You only know that it works perfectly fine for the players. The company could be making its money in many different ways. Maybe that particular strategy is compromising sales but they compensate elsewhere. I don't know enough to comment about it. What I do know is that this game is very niche and I doubt a system like this would be anything but detrimental to the game's economy.

Even if players are buying the used items with em$, those em$ are then being paid to the person who bought the item originally. So the player effectively rented the item for a period of time. Even with a small commission for Expansive Worlds they would make less than if someone just has to buy the weapon from the store for the full price.

Not to mention the development costs to introduce the system. I'm not saying it's a bad concept. I just don't think it would benefit Expansive Worlds in any way.
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

caledonianblues wrote:
D3AKUs wrote:Why does the same system work perfectly fine in warframe tho ? They have pretty much the same microtransaction based shop as the hunter and trading there works very,very well and never has been a problem for the company. People still have to buy the ems from EW to buy stuff from other players and u can limit the amount of trades per day/week/person like Digital Extremes does in Warframe.
How do you know it works perfectly fine? You only know that it works perfectly fine for the players. The company could be making its money in many different ways. Maybe that particular strategy is compromising sales but they compensate elsewhere. I don't know enough to comment about it. What I do know is that this game is very niche and I doubt a system like this would be anything but detrimental to the game's economy.

Even if players are buying the used items with em$, those em$ are then being paid to the person who bought the item originally. So the player effectively rented the item for a period of time. Even with a small commission for Expansive Worlds they would make less than if someone just has to buy the weapon from the store for the full price.

Not to mention the development costs to introduce the system. I'm not saying it's a bad concept. I just don't think it would benefit Expansive Worlds in any way.
Gonna go shopping with my son , ill post something later :) u brought up some good arguments here, ill answer later, always takes me a good amount of time to post a bigger text in english so people can understand what i mean :lol: until then good luck if u go for a hunt.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

This might be the difference... ;)

Code: Select all

Warframe

Month	Avg. Players	Gain	% Gain	Peak Players
Last 30 Days	37,015.4	-12.7	-0.03%	60,475

theHunter

Last 30 Days	640.2	+25.9	+4.21%	1,320
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

Tod1d wrote:This might be the difference... ;)

Code: Select all

Warframe

Last 30 Days	37,015.4	-12.7	-0.03%	60,475

theHunter

Last 30 Days	640.2	+25.9	+4.21%	1,320
Played warframe for years and they only came so far cause they offer the best semi f2p system with player based market out there. When they first introduced the system they didnt even have a tenth of active players they have these days and still made it work and it attracted loads of new players. Really out now hahah catch u later guys :)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

caledonianblues wrote:

Your discount code idea is a good one and has been suggested many times before. Unfortunately it would require a store overhaul, which would take time.

It's not as simple as that....the reason "it would mean less weapon sales for EW" could have been used for the discounts they NOW give and no one would have batted an eye...but when you can't explain the reason why any better than you just did, then it's time to drag out that sorry old excuse....I'm ready to buy three items, but will not buy them until they go on sale..and I don't care if that takes a couple years to purchase them....if I could use a discount coupon, I'd buy them ALL right now.... so let's review: Position one: "It's fine the way it is"= NO REVENUE (at least not from me)....Position Two: Discount Coupon that individuals use for items they want, any time they want = REVENUE FLOODGATES OPEN
Hawkeye
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeye »

I'm not that familiar with Warframe's game design, but we're all familiar with theHunter's design. Many of the weapons in theHunter accomplish the same things. Take the Parker Python & the Pulsar, for example. The only reason somebody would want both of them would be to further their Hunter Score after the other weapon is maxed out with 1000 kills, or to hunt Achievements. Many players will then "retire" the original bow they purchased because it is no longer adding to their HS, thus making that weapon's value very low to that player. Imagine if the player could then trade his Python for a Pulsar. Again, that would be fantastic for the player, but would decimate EW's bottom line.

IMO, the biggest difference with theHunter's model is that the perceived value of most weapons declines with use, so as a player reaches that 1000th harvest with it, it's perceived value hits rock bottom, while other unused weapon values remain at peak value. While the weapon is technically a "durable" item, it's perceived value declines like a "consumable" would, as the player maxes out his achievements and HS cap. From that perspective, it's a consumable with 1k uses. Once you exhaust those 1k harvests, if you were able to then trade it to another player who has 0 harvests with it, for another weapon that you have 0 harvests with, then you've essentially turned those weapons into infinitely refillable consumables, if that makes sense.

I can't think of another F2P model where trading items would be as exploitable, yet most of them still don't allow it. In Elder Scrolls Online, you can't sell or trade any items purchased with Crowns (their version of em$). In Black Desert Online, you can purchase items & sell them to other players through the auction house, which is very controversial because of how that one option turns their in-game currency into a pay to win system. Still, the items themselves are just cosmetic and don't go through the changes in perceived value and are not essential to gameplay.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
caledonianblues wrote:

It's not as simple as that....the reason "it would mean less weapon sales for EW" could have been used for the discounts they NOW give and no one would have batted an eye...but when you can't explain the reason why any better than you just did, then it's time to drag out that sorry old excuse....I'm ready to buy three items, but will not buy them until they go on sale..and I don't care if that takes a couple years to purchase them....if I could use a discount coupon, I'd buy them ALL right now.... so let's review: Position one: "It's fine the way it is"= NO REVENUE (at least not from me)....Position Two: Discount Coupon that individuals use for items they want, any time they want = REVENUE FLOODGATES OPEN
You're comparing apples to oranges...
David was referring to your comment about 'trading', in which EW gets nothing. You were referring to a discount, in which EW still gets a percentage.

So it is as simple as that... EW apparently can afford to give discounts, but they can't afford to give things away for free, which is essentially what they would be doing if they allowed us to trade.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”