Question and suggestion on future felines

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
butter8808
Hunter

Question and suggestion on future felines

Post by butter8808 »

first off i want to say that while i haven't shot any bobcats yet, big shout out to the team they look awesome in both design and implementation.
now that that has been said... The team has stated several times that i have read that one of the reasons that they have held off on felines for so long is because they weren't able to make them climb, and they felt strongly that that was something that a cat should be able, they have said that it had something to do with core part of the code that they inherited from the original team, but what i have never seen, and please correct me if i am wrong, is an explanation as to what that problem was.
So the question is. Is the problem with the animal interaction with the environment, is it a problem with the way they coded the actual trees in said environment, a combination of the two, or something else entirely.
The reason i ask this question is because i agree that for the team to introduce Mountain Lions, and Jaguars( and in the hope of an African reserve, Leopards) These felines will need to be able to climb trees.
we know that animals can change elevation with in the reserve, we also know that we have hunting towers and tree stands in our reserves, but these have a loading element to them when it comes to interaction with the stand or tower. The climb ropes are the same. but there is at least one tower on Timbergold that you can literally just walk to the top of with out any sort of interaction prompt.
My suggestion is this, and it is with the caveat that the problem is environmental, if the team were to introduce the above mentioned felines, i would guess that they would put a low spawn number of them in their respective reserves as they did with the bobcat. Could they Spawn cat climbable trees into each of these reserves.
I am just spit balling here but lets say for arguments sake that they spawn 15 Mountain lions on a reserve the size of RFF or Timbergold and at the same time spawn 30 feline climbable trees on the reserve at the same time which would pop up randomly around the reserve with each new spawn so that they weren't always in the same place, which would make it seem more random when you did find a cat in one or in the event of running the cat with you scent hound, treeing them in those trees.
THe team could give these climbable trees an attraction value similar to feeders but with different parameters. The trees would always have a small attraction for any cat that walked by them have a higher attraction for any cat that fled near them, and have the highest attraction to a cat that was being followed by a hunter and hound that were on their trail.
I dont know if this is a feasible option, because like i said, i dont know what the actual problem is with the inability of climbing animals. But it seems to me like this might be an answer to that problem.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”