Post by Seifer »

Better placement of some items?

Spoiler:

Don't mind me, I'm just thinking out loud ;) Mike (Seifer210) ♉
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Re: The future of Trophy Lodges

Post by Tanngnjostr »

Aside from the many good suggestions that have already been made about lodges (in this thread or others), I'd like if I could open the corresponding trophy shot of an animal (if one exists) while I'm looking at its mount.

Also I would appreciate it if the weapon that was used would be shown in the infobox of a mount.
Image Image Image
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

All variants must get in the same lodge.
I caught 5 black bears, common - chocolate - blond - cinnamon - glacier, all at RFF but I can not put them in one lodge.
It would be nice to put them in the same place.
Mills
Outfitter

Post by Mills »

I have a trophy room for each reserve in the game - a mix between classy and rustic. I like both designs. However, it would be nice if there could be optimized mount options for each reserve and each type of lodge (classy/rustic) in the game. For example: In Bushrangers Run there are no animals (currently) that fit the large plaque so that right there decreases the amount of mountable trophies in my Bushrangers Run trophy room. The only type of trophy that will fit on the walls of my Bushrangers trophy room are feral hogs. I would like to be able to mount some goat heads on my wall too using the small plaque.

To accommodate this you could design a customization option similar to the gun mounts/lodge styles. However, with this option there is pre-designed optimized mount options for each reserve in the game. You would of course have to design them both for the classy and rustic lodge to be fair. This could be charged as a premium feature as well. I would buy a bundle of all of them. There are quite a few optimizations I would make for each reserve in order to accommodate for the different types of species available. I would like to show you an example of how I would optimize the lodge mounts for a Bushrangers Run classy trophy lodge:

Bushrangers Run - Classy Lodge

1. Large Plaque (4 wall mounts - OG (original) design) ----> Switched to Small Plaque - Fits Feral Hog/Feral Goat

2. Small Plaque (7 wall mounts - OG design) - Fits Feral Hog/Feral Goat <---- Feral Goat not previously allowed on small plaque

3. Small Round Platform (5 platforms - OG design) - Fits European Rabbit <---- No change necessary

4. Medium Platform (2 platforms - OG design) -----> Switch to 4 platforms - Fits Feral Goat/Red Fox

5. Large Platform (2 platforms - OG design) - Fits Red Kangaroo <---- No change necessary

6. Large Round Platform (3 platforms - OG design) ----> Switch to 1 small round platform to allow room for the 2 additional medium platforms

7. Full Body Platform (0 platforms - OG design) <---- No change necessary. More than enough large/medium round platforms.

As you can see this would benefit many players and with the ability to charge a premium for this I think it would be worthwhile for the EW team to work on. The designs for each type of mount are already there. All that would be required is a few changes to permitted species per type of mount and a few changes to types/locations of current designs. Let me know what you guys thinks of this idea :)
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

TreeKiwi wrote:I think with the rustic lodge it would be cool if the doors that are there now opened into other rooms that showed off more specific species. So you could buy a small bird game room that had them positioned at better heights etc then the next one you buy and add on might be for medium game etc. So people just walk room to room and you can add on limitless rooms. Instead of having 8 lodges that people have to exit and then load the next lodge. A massive lodge is a little unreal... but so is people owning 8 different lodges... unless you are rich of course :) This way EW still make money because you just buy a more appropriate room to add on and I guess there would be a few different rooms to pick from and you can just customize the rooms how you like.

TK
So that's why the rustic lodge has an obscene amount of doors. I always wonder what the rest of the building looks like. I like your idea. I also like listening to the game commentary on the radio before hunts. It would be nice to have more similar content added to the radio. Also the classy lodge needs to have a radio as well.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

We need a lodge that is designed like a Tardus.
While it may look like a small compact building from the outside , because it is in fact computer generated it can have an infinite amount of space on the inside and that space can be divided into an infinite number of rooms.
Doorways being merely portals ( links ) to rooms that do not even have to be present in the game, but can be stored on each members own computer files and backed up to the cloud.

Come on Devs. Start thinking OUTSIDE the box.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Tanngnjostr wrote:Aside from the many good suggestions that have already been made about lodges (in this thread or others), I'd like if I could open the corresponding trophy shot of an animal (if one exists) while I'm looking at its mount.

Also I would appreciate it if the weapon that was used would be shown in the infobox of a mount.
You took the words out of my mouth. I was thinking along similar lines and also I would like it if you could place framed pictures of trophy shots of your choosing. Possibly even a pin board or something by the entrance hall where you can display a mass of pictures together of your choice. What about the ability to hang bows on the wall for display?
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

InvisibleFlame9 wrote:What about the ability to hang bows on the wall for display?
You can do that after buying a gun rack. There are two spots on the wall for bows in the Classy lodge, unfortunately they are in the corner and easily hidden if you're putting something on the medium platfrom in front of them. Also, there's one place for a crossbow.
Image Image Image
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

I agree with the proposal to Mills, the lodges are in need of more space and more opportunity to choose where to put the trophies. If there were more rooms, it would be possible to put more animals, so to expose the rare variants for each animal

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”