Selling Equipment

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Erodice

Re: Selling Equipment

Post by Erodice »

DOCS pawn shop! I like the idea get him off my back. For not finding the deer that ran to far away lol

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
ace_lightning

Post by ace_lightning »

Hawkeye wrote:No matter how you try to spin this idea, it doesn't benefit EW's bottom line in any way. If a player buys 5000 em$ and buys a bunch of equipment, uses it for a while, sells it back for around 4000 em$ to buy different equipment, uses that equipment for a while, then sells it back for 3000 em$, and continues to do so, at the end of the day, that player is still getting the benefit of using all of this different equipment on their original purchase of 5000 em$. I can't imagine them spending development time & resources to develop a system that directly hits their bottom line.

true what you say there but still keep in mind that said player loses money over time and would simply not sell everything they have purchased,by this you also still need membership to properly hunt without restriction ,tbh i would spend more on this game in my quest to colect all the items ingame if there was an option to sell some of my gear i dont like or use ,and adding this option would convince more ppl to invest in the game becouse of not being utterly limited by buy and no way to re sell ,it is a major turnoff of the game,i myself are sitting with 5 270 rifles 2 30-06 lever 3 .300 bolt and its realy anoying not to be able to sell or use these
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

ace_lightning wrote:
Hawkeye wrote:No matter how you try to spin this idea, it doesn't benefit EW's bottom line in any way. If a player buys 5000 em$ and buys a bunch of equipment, uses it for a while, sells it back for around 4000 em$ to buy different equipment, uses that equipment for a while, then sells it back for 3000 em$, and continues to do so, at the end of the day, that player is still getting the benefit of using all of this different equipment on their original purchase of 5000 em$. I can't imagine them spending development time & resources to develop a system that directly hits their bottom line.

true what you say there but still keep in mind that said player loses money over time and would simply not sell everything they have purchased,by this you also still need membership to properly hunt without restriction ,tbh i would spend more on this game in my quest to colect all the items ingame if there was an option to sell some of my gear i dont like or use ,and adding this option would convince more ppl to invest in the game becouse of not being utterly limited by buy and no way to re sell ,it is a major turnoff of the game,i myself are sitting with 5 270 rifles 2 30-06 lever 3 .300 bolt and its realy anoying not to be able to sell or use these
The person that would buy, use, and then sell for less does not lose money. They actually get the use of all the different items for less than those that would not resell them. They would have a greater variety for less than the cost of all the weapons they used, meaning they are saving money, and any money saved by the player is money not earned by EW.

Why did you buy 5 270, 2 30-06, and 3 .300 rifles?
Did you get them in a bundle that saved you more em$ than buying everything else in the bundle would have cost you without getting the weapon?
If so, you already got a savings on what you did want, and the rifles were added for free.
Someone else that bought the bundle that didn't have the rifle would get a better deal than you, but those that bought them individually would get a worse deal than you did. So it comes down to timing, and making decisions based on what you think is worth the money. Selling items back would not change this at all, and would only reduce revenue for EW.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
ace_lightning

Post by ace_lightning »

DHRifleman wrote:
ace_lightning wrote:

The person that would buy, use, and then sell for less does not lose money. They actually get the use of all the different items for less than those that would not resell them. They would have a greater variety for less than the cost of all the weapons they used, meaning they are saving money, and any money saved by the player is money not earned by EW.

Why did you buy 5 270, 2 30-06, and 3 .300 rifles?
Did you get them in a bundle that saved you more em$ than buying everything else in the bundle would have cost you without getting the weapon?
If so, you already got a savings on what you did want, and the rifles were added for free.
Someone else that bought the bundle that didn't have the rifle would get a better deal than you, but those that bought them individually would get a worse deal than you did. So it comes down to timing, and making decisions based on what you think is worth the money. Selling items back would not change this at all, and would only reduce revenue for EW.
very true what you say ,but i never said sell to other players simply sell back to ew for a reduced fee ,and yes it will mean slightly less revenue for EW in the short run but big pickture would be that players would be more inclined to purchase new items and trying them out meaning more revenue for EW ,also in adding this feature the atractiveness for new players would go up when looking to invest in the game yet again meaning more revenue for EW

if you stand back and look at the curant setup you can work out how much it would cost you to purchase everything within the game (lets say 1k US for argument ,once you have spent that there would be no reason to invest anny more money so at the end of the day the game can only generate so much money from every player that plays the hunter ,now if its a turn down to buy becouse you canot sell items then the 1k from every player drops down to say round 400 US meaning that EW wont make more revenue out of said player but by letting players sell items would give them a bit better bang for their buck and thus keeping the atension of investing players in the long run and potensialy spending more money

(its the same concept as would you make 20 US 10 times over a longer period or would you make 100 US once off realy fast)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

There really is no reason to buy every weapon in the game as most all do exactly the same thing. So the reason to have some weapons are strictly cosmetic, or to advance through missions, which if you could buy it and then sell it back for 1/2 price you still have the use of 50% of the em$ to put toward another weapon. What you are suggesting is renting the weapons on an unlimited time basis for 50% the cost. Since the entire game is really being rented because we own nothing, you are suggesting EW cut their prices in half. While cutting prices in half might bring in more money for EW in the long, or short term, adding code to make trading in or selling back weapon for a reduced rate will not.
(It is not the same concept as would you make 20 US 10 times over a longer period or would you make 100 US once off really fast)

If I could use 15 weapons for the cost of 10 and have money left over, what would make me want to spend more. If the weapons were 500em$ each I could use 3 weapon as long as I wanted selling back at half price and end up with 250 em$, instead of 2 weapon and no em$. What part of that makes me want to spend more.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Argylius
Tracker

Post by Argylius »

I'm pretty sure the original poster meant something like this:

For example, I have 7 deer bleat calls. I want a way to get rid of 6, because I don't need so many. I wish it were a thing. This isn't the only thing I have several of, it's just an example.

Like can't we have a "delete this" button if simply getting a refund won't make anyone happy?
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Argylius wrote:I'm pretty sure the original poster meant something like this:

For example, I have 7 deer bleat calls. I want a way to get rid of 6, because I don't need so many. I wish it were a thing. This isn't the only thing I have several of, it's just an example.

Like can't we have a "delete this" button if simply getting a refund won't make anyone happy?
You can contact support and they will remove the excess items for you :)
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

Argylius wrote:I'm pretty sure the original poster meant something like this:

No, they want to sell back what was given to them for free.
Argylius
Tracker

Post by Argylius »

TreeKiwi wrote:You can contact support and they will remove the excess items for you :)
I've always wondered about this. What stops me is, what is the chance they accidentally delete something I didn't want them to delete? For example, what if they remove all 7 of my dear bleat calls instead of just 6? Or are they spot on? Does anyone have experience with this?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Argylius wrote:
TreeKiwi wrote:You can contact support and they will remove the excess items for you :)
I've always wondered about this. What stops me is, what is the chance they accidentally delete something I didn't want them to delete? For example, what if they remove all 7 of my dear bleat calls instead of just 6? Or are they spot on? Does anyone have experience with this?
While I've never had EW delete my extra items yet so I don't have the experience with this, I highly doubt you'd have to be worried. They probably do this often enough to know what they're doing, and they could just as easily replace an item that was accidently deleted. Free items like the bleat call would be obvious for them to replace if you didn't have one anymore, and there is a purchase history on your account for every single item you've paid for so youcould prove if they accidently delete something important. But again, I doubt that would ever be an issue.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”