Trophy shot 2 could be better with this wfeature

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Trophy shot 2 could be better with this wfeature

Post by HD_Artworks »

Hi, everyone.
As you all know, for take a trophy shot, you have to press Space key and place the animal then press Space again and adjust the camera angle. Then you see your trophy need to readjust the pose. So, you have to press Space again and that moment, your trophy will fall to the ground and you have to do the positioning again until you satisfy with it!

I have a suggestion to make it faster and so much better.
There is no need to press Space all the time to switch between two modes.
All two modes can be in one mode!
We can change the trophy pose with the Left click, then with Middle Mouse button, we can adjust the camera angle!
So, there is no need to press Space and change the animal pose again every time we go to Edit mode!

I really like to see this feature add to trophy shot mode. Because pressing the Space key all the time is so annoying for me! :(
And I miss some good animals because of this! In some places, take a trophy shot is not an easy task!

So, what do you think guys?
Season Stats
Spoiler:
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Re: Trophy shot 2 could be better with this wfeature

Post by DHRifleman »

What about those with no middle mouse button?
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

HOSSEIN.D wrote:Hi, everyone.
As you all know, for take a trophy shot, you have to press Space key and place the animal then press Space again and adjust the camera angle. Then you see your trophy need to readjust the pose. So, you have to press Space again and that moment, your trophy will fall to the ground and you have to do the positioning again until you satisfy with it!

I have a suggestion to make it faster and so much better.
There is no need to press Space all the time to switch between two modes.
All two modes can be in one mode!
We can change the trophy pose with the Left click, then with Middle Mouse button, we can adjust the camera angle!
So, there is no need to press Space and change the animal pose again every time we go to Edit mode!

I really like to see this feature add to trophy shot mode. Because pressing the Space key all the time is so annoying for me! :(
And I miss some good animals because of this! In some places, take a trophy shot is not an easy task!

So, what do you think guys?
Better yet is to have an intermittent mode on both the animals & player Icons.
Where you could adjust the animal more than once and every position you move it would stay in place, than move the player icon the same way where it wouldn't affect the animals position,
until everything was to your liking than switch back to camera mode... take the shot, then you're done.
This would work extra fast on areas that are not flat like mountain slopes,
because I get so picky to get the right position the way it is now, it takes me too long sometimes to get satisfied with the pose.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

DHRifleman wrote:What about those with no middle mouse button?
It can be changed to any other keys on the keyboard! This is just a suggestion and it can improved of course. ;)
gas56 wrote: Better yet is to have an intermittent mode on both the animals & player Icons.
Where you could adjust the animal more than once and every position you move it would stay in place, than move the player icon the same way where it wouldn't affect the animals position,
until everything was to your liking than switch back to camera mode... take the shot, then you're done.
This would work extra fast on areas that are not flat like mountain slopes,
because I get so picky to get the right position the way it is now, it takes me too long sometimes to get satisfied with the pose.
This is a good suggestion too! Every time we go to the camera rotation mode then come back to change player/animal pose, it should freeze the animal pose. At the current situation, every time we switch between modes, animal will fall to ground or go down in mountain slopes!
Just like this one:
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/hd_a ... /530913209

This was my PB Rocky mountain elk and I lost the trophy shot because after I come back to the edit pose mode, the animal go down from the mountain slope and it was so hard to fix it! So, I lost a good trophy shot! :(
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Tanngnjostr
Master Hunter

Post by Tanngnjostr »

I never understood why there are two "modes" when taking a trophy shot anyway. Use the mouse to move player and animal, use the keys to change weapons, stances, poses and adjust camera, everything as it is now. You would just need another button to take the picture (instead of left mouse click) and maybe add one button to switch between "freeze" and "ragdoll" mode for the animal. That's it!

But since trophy shots were subject to change just two weeks ago, I doubt it'll be touched so soon...
Image Image Image
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

Tanngnjostr wrote:I never understood why there are two "modes" when taking a trophy shot anyway. Use the mouse to move player and animal, use the keys to change weapons, stances, poses and adjust camera, everything as it is now. You would just need another button to take the picture (instead of left mouse click) and maybe add one button to switch between "freeze" and "ragdoll" mode for the animal. That's it!

But since trophy shots were subject to change just two weeks ago, I doubt it'll be touched so soon...
I really wish to see this changes in the new trophy shot system!
If EW follows this way, they doing wrong IMO. I know they are doing good on the fixing bugs and new features. But when something changed or something released for the first time in the game, it has some bugs for sure. They need to work on that until the bugs fixed or at least most of them fixed!

Trophy shot 2 released and it is an awesome feature, but we know that it has to improved a little bit more. I hope EW don't leave new features until they fix it! :) ;)
Season Stats
Spoiler:
kahuamp
Scout

Post by kahuamp »

Totally agree with this. The animal shouldn't become a ragdoll again as soon as you click your cursor on it. At the moment they remain frozen after your first mouse gesture/drag.

Then, if you try to adjust a limb or something, the rest of the body returns to ragdoll mode and falls down.

Also the deer heads/antlers adjustments start moving weird/and fast when you click on some areas aand hold button. Maybe they'll improve this in the future.

Reproduction: Try to have a bear do the "Kate Winslet on the Titanic" pose. It's impossible :lol:
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

I agree too. There is really no need for "Ragdoll" mode. I would like to see some visible "nodes" (points where you could select positions on the skeleton). And one node to move the whole animal, perhaps center of mass or middle of back, which would essentially be ragdoll mode. Once positioned, the whole skeleton freezes, and you can move one node at a time. This way, you could quickly move the animal to nearly any position.

When I first heard, "Trophy Shot 2" I imagined that the animal was going to be posed rather than the hunter. Although the hunter poses are cool, a dozen typical animal poses would eliminate (or greatly reduce) the need to move the animal around at all.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
lowby
Outfitter

Post by lowby »

Tod1d wrote:When I first heard, "Trophy Shot 2" I imagined that the animal was going to be posed rather than the hunter. Although the hunter poses are cool, a dozen typical animal poses would eliminate (or greatly reduce) the need to move the animal around at all.
Same here I would of loved it if the animal had a few poses u could pick from rather then haveing to move it around evry time.
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Post by HD_Artworks »

I do not agree with the animal poses. Because it will not be free for sure! Just like the character poses! :? :(
Visible nodes on the trophy are good but I think it will take some time for EW to make this.
Merge 2 modes into one is faster to make IMO! And the animal will be freeze when we hold left mouse button.
The biggest problem of taking Trophy shots is it goes to ragdoll mode after we hold left mouse button.
I think everything will fix if the animal freeze during taking the trophy shots.
Season Stats
Spoiler:

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”