The Hunter and VR

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Yansko
Tracker

Re: The Hunter and VR

Post by Yansko »

For Subnautica, i have no problem with storage box.
Do you play with keyboard or Game controller ?
Have you set the game in no VR mode once before going in VR ?

You can and try this tips here
http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discuss ... out-fov-90

And Yes, it's my profil ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

I use an Xbox one controller. Not sure but first time I played vr wasn't there. I am absolutely at the beginning so could start over.

I tried a bit whiterim but for some reason it don't work as well for me. Curse of vorpx lol
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

But what is your problem, precisely ?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Yansko wrote:But what is your problem, precisely ?
All that white in whiterim gets to me and also the longer viewing distances is not as flattering but tbh I wonder if it don´t work best at 1280x1024 was running 1920x1080.

As for Subnautica in the replicator I built a box but then I can´t move it it´s stuck where it was produced in the replicator. Probably miss something dumb.
Slyverse

This game needs to be a HTC VIVE GAME!

Post by Slyverse »

To everyone. This game is awesome. Hunting is awesome. Computers are awesome. And yes VR is awesome not that half ass poopoo that Oculus and ps4 give you but the real Deal Htc vive roomscale. But seriously this game using full motion and full roomscale could take the hunter genre to the next level. Stalking and using all the skills in the book to pull off a bowhunt or other while In VR would be truly rewarding. Even if they just created a small scenario of a game stalking through the bush to spot or call in a an animal. Using what Thehunter already knows about hunting and the the feedback you get from the controllers in VR. It would be as real as you can get. For those who have pulled back the The Bow in the LAB and other games know just how good it feels. Htc VIVE is king of vr and this game needs to push all the other scrap out of the way to continue on the legacy of the greatest hunting game of its era.

Its no gimmick Ive had my vive since launch. The content is coming in superfast and it still amazes me. I just know the guys behind TheHunter could do amazing things with this tech.

Happy hunting and continue to enjoy your gaming any which way you like.
JohnyAngelo
Scout

Re: This game needs to be a HTC VIVE GAME!

Post by JohnyAngelo »

And thats why I'd buy oculus. Roomscale and extra handcontrollers is something i wouldnt use. As for the hunter, there is already 4 page topic about it.
krokenosterfant
Scout

Post by krokenosterfant »

Jeez I don't know hey... I think crouch walking 6000m would kill me
TundraPuppy
Outfitter

Post by TundraPuppy »

Waterfowl in-blind hunting would be perfect for the Vive.
Am I doing a good job? I thrive on feedback! Please PM me, or my bosses Alena Rybik or Tod1d with comments, criticisms, or accolades!
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

krokenosterfant wrote:Jeez I don't know hey... I think crouch walking 6000m would kill me
Yeah it would. I would be sitting down as per usual you could still use oculus touch or the vive controllers if you wanted to. Of course EW have stopped developing the game when it´s not making money they will just lay it to rest rather then make The Hunter 2. so this I fear will never happen.
Slyverse

Post by Slyverse »

They would just have to create a small game to show the potential of the already well crafted mechanics. I'm sure the coders could almost knock up a scenario over a weekend. I would pay what ever they priced it at. Ive played games like Onwards,Windlands and island359 the combination of these from weapons combat to extreme movement and wilderness surroundings are quite amazing. However they lack that slowed down pace of the hunt and stalk combined with ambience surroundings that Thehunter provides.

You don't need to squat 6000 times but if you have spotted that trophy I would love to see just how far you would take that challenge to close the distance. :)

I personally love full locomotion and roomscale combined. It is the ultimate VR experience. But hey the vive can still work in the sitting position just the same as oculus. Chosing an Oculus is like getting a 2wd car and saying they will never go 4wd. Well I like to 4wd to. By all means say you like traveling, camping and the outdoors but don't expect to be taken serious when your just a backseat hunter.

Theres gunna be so many full featured hunting games over the next 5 years in vr regardless. I Just wanted to back the winner I know.

Peace

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”