The Hunter and VR

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
hunterPRO1
Outfitter

Re: The Hunter and VR

Post by hunterPRO1 »

Unfortunately we will never be able to capture 100% the feel off hunting without going to the woods untill we have the technology to jump into our screen and actually be the game... :lol: :P
"you win some, you lose some, you wreck some."
Spoiler:
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

In fact, the movements are those set by default by the driver 3DVR Vorpx. If one day, EW decided to do otherwise, it will be their settings.

@HunterPRO1
It is the beginning of the VR, and lots of things are incoming (the last I saw of Nvidia's audio API: )
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3Y2BSHxKHU

Well it's not the full immersion but who will know in 10 years what will be ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Thanks for the report. So in seated mode do you have like a theater you play the Hunter on or is it truly first person with no imposed borders? Read reports of motion sickness for fps games when you use a gamepad/mouse/keyboard for movements but it works here?
Do you have any green pixels on your vive? 3D work good? Hunting will be so much better I recon when we can use the vive controllers or occulus touch :)
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

knott wrote:Thanks for the report. So in seated mode do you have like a theater you play the Hunter on or is it truly first person with no imposed borders? Read reports of motion sickness for fps games when you use a gamepad/mouse/keyboard for movements but it works here?
Do you have any green pixels on your vive? 3D work good? Hunting will be so much better I recon when we can use the vive controllers or occulus touch :)
I have the choice of two mods: first person, or theater view.
No motion sickness to date, but this is not the kind of game that could induce.
No default with my HTC Vive.
3D view works, but not perfectly in relief.
As I use an external driver to theHunter, that will not be possible.
Same for the Fov (Field Of View) it's about 90° in the headset but he should be set to 120° for optimal view.

As I said above, this optimization depends on the control Expansive Worlds. but I am pessimistic on that point. VR is not their priority, not more than the VR it is for players that do not have headset (see last poll)

It will ask probably not enormously resources to implement the VR SDK in a game whose developement is over, but this game has already is struggling to stabilize its own problems.

Maybe in a year, but by then, games natively VR will be released

Here are some gameplay current test versions, where you can see the handlings of weapons and displacements of the body with controlers:

knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Good thing is there is plenty of small teams that is able to include VR support so really shouldn´t be impossible. I really feel something big has to happen to it it´s stuck in it´s own tracks I seldom find a craving to get back to it. As for spotting do you have trouble with the visibility of animals far away or can you still do the 250 metre shots easy enough :)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Just got my Vive working after a ton of sorrows... I still can´t get the camera to operate. I enabled it and windows find it fine but just can´t get it to give any image... Seems like plenty have this problem. Tried all my 16 or something usb ports lol.

But anyway would be interesting to see how it would work. Spotting would be next to impossible it seems. Just to few pixels to spot anything at a distance.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Bought vorpx works horribly bad purchase but the headtracking was superb with other fps games. The problem is that it´s linked to the gun as well but the headtracking is so much better then TrackIRs. The Hunter is already really immersive in theater mode but give us proper headtracking independant fo the gun and it would be absolutely amazing.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Bought vorpx works horribly bad purchase but the headtracking was superb with other fps games. The problem is that it´s linked to the gun as well but the headtracking is so much better then TrackIRs. The Hunter is already really immersive in theater mode but give us proper headtracking independant fo the gun and it would be absolutely amazing.
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

Vorpx is not magic, it's a tool who can make VR a lot of game non-VR.
But it's need a loot of tweaking for a good utilisation.
- Rendering aspect 3D
- Tracking Headset sensitivity
and lot of another parameters are possible

For me, my only problem (apart from Fov) was to set quality texturing to max. The game always crash if it's not set in medium quality.
and i don't know if it's a Vorpx problem or... TheHunter Problem who have a lot of crash itself
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

This is the last test I have done with the new fix anti-crash for theHunter.
I can now adjust the graphics quality at 1600x1200 @ 90 FPS, High texture quality.
(Sorry, the sound of the game was not captured during recording... and for my bad english :D )

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”