The Hunter and VR

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
knott
Outfitter

The Hunter and VR

Post by knott »

The reviews of both the Rifts and Vive is coming.

http://forum.flyinside-fsx.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1617
https://www.destructoid.com/review-htc- ... 2103.phtml

Shipping of the Rifts is delayed Hitler was not among the kickstarters apparently
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2G7QDfe09Q

Joking aside the Hunter do have a real chance of becoming a killer app for VR on a new game engine that allows proper headtracking. Rendering distances is not that important because I guess spotting will be a real issue at the distance for a while and the hardware requirements which is a non issue for modern computers will become an issue running VR.

It would be good for the credibility of this game to see some support.Ideally it would already been listed as a compatible game. If there is no VR support it tells me there will be no further development of this game to any larger extent.

There is reports of nausea for fps when you move around and are physically standing still. Question is if with Vive and the upcoming camera/touch upgrade for the Rift if they are accurate enough they can detect the pace we walk at? My idea is you would have a some kind of 360 threadmill to solve the space issue most have with acquiring a big space for roomscale instead of marching on the spot.

Being able to go physically prown, crouch etc and already seen videos of bow hunting with the two motion controllers with force feedback and the fear of a 3 km treck on a bad shot would change the experience totally.
pnShen
Hunter

Re: The Hunter and VR

Post by pnShen »

virtual reality takes muscle hardware compared to the recommended current hunter specs. Is keeping the Hunter specs low still an official aim for EW?
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

Well it doesn´t affect those that don´t run the VR version whatsoever but ability to offer solid head tracking could be a very welcome trickle down effect as it´s been a long missed feature.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

it wont be big in this game because the majority have low spec pcs.

VR is exactly the opposite you need a pretty decent spec to use it. so will resources be spent to utilize it to full potential ? cant see it.

hope those that do get it have fun though ;)
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

It´s not good to grow the Hunters potential userbase? It´s the only way to increase the profitability. If you get in people that can afford the equipment they may afford to buy quite a bit in the store as well ;).

They can´t live on the old folks that hate change and don´t want to spend a dime on their 15 year old computer because they are about to retire soon anyway. Businesses always have to look forward and try to keep with times and be attractive for the newer generations to keep relevant.

I just can´t see how in any way this will prevent the old people to play the same game they always played. There is several titles that you can play like always on a regular monitor and on VR headsets.
nev_vern
Spotter

Post by nev_vern »

I want VR in theHunter, ever since I received the Oculus DK1 years ago.

Who cares about those that don't have a powerful pc? I mean, those with a VR headset already have a powerful pc, and giving us the option to be able to use it is warmly welcomed. This game and Primal would be awesome in VR.

If you don't want VR in theHunter, then don't enable it and it will be like nothing changed.
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

I'll have my headset tomorrow (HTC Vive) and i could not play my favorite game is
I'll have to go play on other games (Fishing Planet have beta VR mode now)
No support VR = lose players VR
if the games do not support the VR (and it does not claim a lot of resources to the devs to implement an SDK VR)
they will lose these former players
and conversely, if the game is compatible VR, they will invest in to be able to play

What i have think about TheHunter and VR, it is good for us, because TheHunter is perfect for Vr mode

- Spotting issue can always be with mouse control if aiming is not perfect with remote controler
- Nausea is not a probleme if you move slowly like in The Hunter i think (but can't try to confirm that without test) and there a lot of possibility to resolved this probleme for people who affect by nausea (on a swivel chair, teleport, sliding....) and simply adapted
- decent spec: i don't think so because we don't need running and moving with 64 players like a FPS game, or cars simulator. actualiy i more than 90 frame per second with synch off

Just one thing a see is...
TheHunter have already a lot of issues to resolve (like script kiddie attack actually)
and they have already says about VR is not our priority...

sad... :|
Last edited by Yansko on April 6th, 2016, 2:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
nev_vern
Spotter

Post by nev_vern »

it is sad, considering that it is the future. Better than this Tobii eye nonsense.
pnShen
Hunter

Post by pnShen »

i believe mods for visual data would be the proper solution, since they won't have the resources to support all. now there is only 1-2 types, but in couple years there will be many more. And years will come before it will be standardized.
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=71940
Yansko
Tracker

Post by Yansko »

OMG... :o

I have succeeded to launch The Hunter with my HTC Vive.
I use the 3D driver for that work "Vorpx"
it's a first try at this time.
- can't change FOV to 120, and when i go to the 2D Huntermap, game crash
i'm in low quality in 1024x768 for maintain my FPS to...90 (divide by 2 in VR)

- I can move, head tracking work, use weapons, binoculars, ect

I need a better CG (R9 280X -> GTX 1080)

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”