Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
waiora
Outfitter

Re: Fixing Sound Bugs - Any feedback?

Post by waiora »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:
waiora wrote:Just a question from me, I noticed the footsteps of arctic foxes can be heard from 50m now instead of the usual 30m. intended change, and if so does is it this way for other animals too? Its good if it was.
Hej! these sound haven't changed, and you shouldn't hear them further than 35m, are you still experiencing this issue?
Its still more than 35m for arctic fox, start hearing them around 50m. Have not tested other species.
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

One more thing, noticed a minor sound issue with 9.3x62, the bolt sound is missing sometimes when reloading.
Gregoire Iwaniec
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Gregoire Iwaniec »

Misstik wrote:
Gregoire Iwaniec wrote:
Misstik wrote:Please add more audio clue for Bighorn Sheep, they are hell to hunt, and add a sound for the WT Ptarmigan flying, thanks
Hi! these issues are being treated right now, thanks for pointing it out!
oh that's nice! thank you!
regarding the Big Horned Sheep calls, is it something that you feel as well about the ibex in Val-des-bois?
therisths
Hunter

Post by therisths »

I dont know if WT ptarmigant flying sound has been fixed but its still low, nothing compared to other ptramignt species.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Gregoire Iwaniec wrote: regarding the Big Horned Sheep calls, is it something that you feel as well about the ibex in Val-des-bois?
Yes Gregoire, why not, anything helping to locate them easily :)
Misstik
Hunter

Post by Misstik »

FR_Bugs wrote:
Gregoire Iwaniec wrote: regarding the Big Horned Sheep calls, is it something that you feel as well about the ibex in Val-des-bois?
Yes Gregoire, why not, anything helping to locate them easily :)
We can hear them walking when they are about 30m, but we don't have audio clue, something like rocks falling or other would be appreciated to locate them from "far" on the huntermate
BCOX

Post by BCOX »

Thank you for fixing the sound we had for walking, but do you think a hunter would be stomping like this waking thought the woods? Also is this what a ptarmigan sounds like flying though the air? I have never heard a bird sound like that when it was flying.
Wild_Bill_1965

Post by Wild_Bill_1965 »

Hi Greg, Since the last patch opening Timbergold, it sounds like we have 200 lb boots on, our hunter footsteps are too loud and drown out a lot of animal movement and far call sounds. The biggest issue is when walking over big hills mountains they sound loud and hollow.It would give us a better experience to have that issue tweeked. Thanks, Wild_Bill_1965
NoxNoctura

Post by NoxNoctura »

One main issue I have is with calls. Sometimes it seems the call volume is very very low, but if I start turning it'll get louder, as if I'm facing closer to the direction the sound would be coming from. But the sound is coming from the call in my hand, so it should have the same sound volume regardless of which direction I face.

This seems to have zero effect on the playing of the game, obviously the call still works as it should, but it completely breaks immersion for me. Does it whether I use a setup for stereo headphones or through 5.1 speakers...so don't believe its a hardware issue on my end.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Gregoire would you please... please... PLEASE... fix the stomping sound when walking in the crouched position and when crawling. It is such an immersion breaker! Nobody sneeks though the woods sounding like and elephant stomping on a mouse! Why is the same sound associated with crawling? Please fix this... it's just terrible. Thanks!

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”