What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
AVC2013
Outfitter

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by AVC2013 »

I disagree with the sharing point system in the Valentine's events that was ended a few hours ago.
Someone work very hard to win that event(not me of course) but sad ending... beaten by a pretty girl who has soooo many fans.

Why you didn't make it in a group.?
For example, 5 players in a group that can sharing their score to each other.

Thank you very much
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Who won? I can't see the event anymore.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
Daugr
Scout

Post by Daugr »

How about a "1-hit-wonder" Event?
Every animal needs to get killed with a single hit.
7 competitions, each for 24h, so max 5 tries. Free choise of weapons, so harvest value is allways a part of the comp score
excample: (trophy score + distance)*(harvest value/100)=comp score
so a combination out of sharp eyes and animal and weapon skills and knowledge about in-game weapons
Maybe even some extreme competitions for that event like heavyest charging feral hog at rougarou bayou with the recurve bow (also just with only 1 hit).

(I'm pretty sure I wouldn't even win one of such competitions ;) )
jpm1
Outfitter

Post by jpm1 »

solo events like 2014 reindeer comp for example (in a bit less difficult)
Wartoc

Post by Wartoc »

IMO, there needs to be more fun and silly events. So here's my suggestion(s) which could be an event or competition.

Homage (s) to Monty Python:
1. Based on the "How Not to be Seen" Skit. Seen Here. You could also call it Hide n' Seek

How it works:
* And (150-200m^2?) map with an open field in the center, trees around the outside and bushes scattered throughout the field.
* There is a group of players called the 'hiders' and a single player who seeks out the out the others.
* Who gets labelled a hider and seeker is random.
* The hiders are place at random locations throughout the map. Player stance is also random. Some prone, some crouching, some standing. They also have random clothes on.
* The seeker is placed in the middle of the field.
* No one can move or change position.
* There is timer of 3-5 minutes where is seeker tries to spot with binoculars as many people as they can.
* Points are awarded to the hider for staying hidden and if the seeker spots them.
* If possible, an explosion happens to the player who is spotted.

2. The second game is base on the "The Killer Bunny" Seen Here

How it works:
* A single white rabbit spawns on an event map
* It is very aggressive and will kill the player that gets near it
* It can only be killed with a shotgun slug.
* Points are awarded based on how close you kill the rabbit to you.

Just some ideas
DHRifleman
Team Hunter

Post by DHRifleman »

First would be the CSS would need to be adjusted to make all animal species really equal at the base level, meaning score range, and how many you can get typically per hour (are in tight groups or spread out all over the map).

It could be the total for X amount of your top CSS scoring animals in one hunt session (1 game day max) is your score. If you go over to the next day the previous day is done. So you can shoot 100 animals in the session and the top 10 (example for X) are what count. You can do as many sessions, and hunt as long as you want per session up to 1 game day. This would mean every time you start a session, you have the same chance of beating your previous score, and anyone else's. The more hunts you do, it should better your odds a bit, but that is only fair since you are putting in more time. But it still comes down to the luck of the load, and how much time you spend in the session to find the best you can. Now for the casual player, they may only do 2 or 3 sessions, but if they get a good load, they could still do very well. The hard core player can still grind it, but will need more than one species to get a good total.
The above statements are strictly my opinion, and should not be taken as fact, even if I believe them to be true.
Antlercreeklodge.com Tournaments
Permitted Weapons per Reserve By ClemD
Obsidyan
Spotter

Post by Obsidyan »

Extinction - Mega-event:
Harvest one of each species of each type on all maps. Your total combined weight/score of (the best harvest) from each species is your competition entry. All ethical weapons permitted.

Extinction - Minor-event:
Harvest one of each species from <insert map name here>. Your total combined weight/score of (the 1st harvest) from each species is your competition entry. All ethical weapons permitted.

Exclusive Bowhunting Event:
Prove your stealth skill with a Bow by hunting the sneakiest most elusive critters in the game - Coyote & Foxes.
Harvest a coyote/fox shot at a maximum distance of 20m with any Bow
Harvest a coyote/fox shot at a maximum distance of 15m with any Bow - on the same hunt
Harvest a coyote/fox shot at a maximum distance of 10m with any Bow - on the same hunt
The combined average weight of each species is your competition entry

I would also love to see some new comps which include the new species, Ibex - Rabbits - Kangaroo etc. with some of the new weapons recently added :)
Spoiler:
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

Best css, weight, most harvests, etc...
Animals must be shot only once with heart shot to count.

Crazy stuff:
Animals always fleeing at all time, running around like crazy all over the map.
Animals always attack if player is sighted.
Rare pigeons should be introduced to game and when they are shot down and harvested they can have letters on them with cryptic clues to where a well hidden collectible treasure is.
Reindeer and rabbits roam in zombie hordes and can only be killed with brainshot, they attack and eat hunters. Kill all of them without being overrun and earn a helicopter with mounted minigun.
Mashuu
Hunter

Post by Mashuu »

Better sales. 50ems off isnt really all that much at all.
Sylirian
Spotter

Post by Sylirian »

I transpose an idea from another game, which consists in "the missions of the month", based more on the regularity of connection, number of kill or use of certain weapons, which would make play money (em$). This would allow less strong or lucky to win em$ without winning competitions but simply by their faithfulness and regularity.
This would also reduce tension about the business side of theHunter (no controversy about it please).

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”