What kind of events would you like to see?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Ash1302
Scout

Re: What kind of events would you like to see?

Post by Ash1302 »

Reward: Top 10 win em$ and unique trophies (for each species)

Weapon: any permitted

Attempts: Unlimited

Target: Best pair total of highest scoring male and highest scoring/heaviest female in a single hunt (very addictive)

Separate scoreboard for each species; each his/her own taste, levels the playing field a bit and you can get VERY lucky in more than one species

Very similar to what PrettyBoy and Blindmole entertained us with not so long ago (many thanks to them once again, they were amazing)

Bonus prizes for rares and NT (optional)
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

There needs to be a seasonal champ every season. It would run the length of the entire season and the score would be total trophy value of personal best for every species during that season. Winner would be in the hall of fame of each season, trophy for winner and those that place in the top 10 and a good sized prize purse. Maybe 6 months for the winner 3 for second place and 1 month for third. 300 emS for 4-10 or something like that. Maybe put 1st 2nd and 3rd in the HOF as this is way more of an accomplishment then any of the current HOF spots.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

butter8808 wrote:There needs to be a seasonal champ every season. It would run the length of the entire season and the score would be total trophy value of personal best for every species during that season. Winner would be in the hall of fame of each season, trophy for winner and those that place in the top 10 and a good sized prize purse. Maybe 6 months for the winner 3 for second place and 1 month for third. 300 emS for 4-10 or something like that. Maybe put 1st 2nd and 3rd in the HOF as this is way more of an accomplishment then any of the current HOF spots.
That would be great, but the scores would have to be normalized (CSS or something like it) or the waterfowl would dominate the scores, since geese score as high as 8999 and ducks up to 2500.
Personal Bests...
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

That's why it would be a total species comp. only the best of each species would count toward score, with only 1 of each species counting it wouldn't matter if someone got a goose that was 7999 and someone else got a goose that was 7974 because it could be made up for with the other species. I agree that on the other events where you count multiple animals it causes a problem but with only one animal for each species counting it should neutralize that problem.
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

butter8808 wrote:That's why it would be a total species comp. only the best of each species would count toward score, with only 1 of each species counting it wouldn't matter if someone got a goose that was 7999 and someone else got a goose that was 7974 because it could be made up for with the other species. I agree that on the other events where you count multiple animals it causes a problem but with only one animal for each species counting it should neutralize that problem.
I agree that it helps, but keep in mind that even using your example of 7999 and 7974, both great geese, an entire black bear (max 25) or brown bear (max 29), fits inside that range. So a super good goose can that is 20-30 points higher than what most other people get, can still wipe out a great black bear, brown bear, pheasant, etc., because the difference between a good ones is only 1-2 points with those animals.
Personal Bests...
butter8808
Hunter

Post by butter8808 »

You could use css I suppose which would help to equalize the scores. Not counting NT you would have 2200 possible points with the CSS, i just wonder if with the smaller score range you would end up with ties because of score rounding
xAncalagonx
Outfitter

Post by xAncalagonx »

Like to see competitions that are about hunting skill (and obviously a bit of luck).

Bear competitions are silly... everyone just pays for bear feeder and kill 75 bears during a single day. No skill involved.
Same with hog competitions and hog feeder.
Same with long range competitions which can only be won by being at very specific spots on specific maps where you can achieve the longest range diagonal shot based on the max 220m rendering distance.

What about competitions where no lures or callers are allowed? True spot and stalk hunting.

Also, why are we able to join 100 different competitions at the same time? Should be a limit on how many you can join. In general people just sign up for every competition available then go hunting like usual and randomly get a kill that gives them a good placement in <insert random competition>.

This really takes away a lot of the point with a competition. Realistically would you be enrolled in 50 competitions then go on a killing spree and hope one of the 200 animals you shot during the weekend got you a good placement in a random competition out of the 50 you joined? Not really.

Competitions in current state is literally just "enroll in everything, then go shoot everything" and leave it "active" in the background while you are hunting.

IMO the competitions should require the hunter/player to actually focus on the competition and not just enroll into everything then proceed to shoot everything and hope for the best.

Personally, the whole "enroll in everything" approach this game has is the number 1 reason why I rarely join competitions and only join the holiday events if/when they happen.
FluorescentBlack
Spotter

Post by FluorescentBlack »

I doubt I am alone when I say that at the expense of my hunter score I sometimes do some illegal hunting.

How about we occasionally get rewarded for our craving to shoot a fox over 125m with open sights using a 30-30, heart shotting a moose with a .223, or double lunging that brown bear with a quartering shot from a .270. Always having some of the competitions specifically use normally non permitted ammo would allow people who sometimes do it anyway a little break and those who may not have a legal firearm a chance at hunting something new.

I would play this game a whole lot more if there were a few of those types of events going on at once.

Edit: I sort of got this idea from when Warthunder introduced event battles that ignores the Tier and Battle rating of vehicles which mess up the otherwise near perfect WW2 game they have made. It would be "fun" and "realistic" the exact set chamber permissions are not much of either even though we know the idea is. Yes I did that :) The west was won taking bears with the -30!
lostfly

Post by lostfly »

I love the idea of the events. The only problem i have with them is that i am like most of the average joe's out there do not have a lot of extra money on hand ,and when the event requires a weapon that i do not have as a Trailrunner member. It makes it near impossible to either win or place near the top. i personally think is a little unfair but i still try my best. but i would like to see an event where all hunts are do able with having to buy more to hunt them. thank for listening the hunter is the best hunting game i have seen online in years.
Villkatta
Outfitter

Post by Villkatta »

My thoughts on passed events:

I think the Easter event 2015 was a nice model.

Some nice comps, funny Easter egg hunt, and a mission set catering for all levels.
Incl.fine prizes for everyone completing one or more of them.
Best event you ever had imo. It was fun!

I've also greatly enjoyed the Halloween events with the "slay the beast" missions.
Although the missions have been slightly harder, they are still acceptable, since the players can help each other out.

The system in other events with special gift-able points, mash spawning and animal grinding is on the other hand a bad model.

It resulted in players begging for points by PMs and rude behavior during MP games this Christmas event.(players were kicked when they refused to give the host jollypoints!)
The CCS based scoring comp. this Christmas has improved from last year, but still favors players able to sit by the computer day and night.
Some additional tweak is necessary, like the CSS from your best(or 1-10 best)animals that day. Alternatively find another system altogether.

About the Christmas missions, they require too much in comparison to what you get(just completing the airborne pheasant with the air rifle-mission should give you a trophy!). They should be possible to do separate from the main comp.

I would suggest you make 12 or 24/25 missions that could be completed at any time during the event.
Make them a bit different in difficulty, but nothing too bad(and put the hard ones early in the event, we grown-ups tend to get busy right before Christmas).
And reward those that complete half of the missions a trophy, and those that complete all a different or additional trophy.

Focus more on the "fun for everyone" aspect.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”