Swedish military bike?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Howllen
Hunter

Re: Swedish military bike?

Post by Howllen »

ronMctube wrote: horse or atv would rather wait a year than have a push bike
+1
docehrenhoefer wrote:Well, one would not need a bike if we had the possibility to use camping supplies and a tent to set the next starting point at almost every location (kind of a savegame), as it would be in RL: up with the tent, a cosy (alternatively wet and cold) evening at a campfire, humming some old songs and roasting a bit of feral hog meat...additionally some bavarian beer
Even Better :)
ReadThoreau
Outfitter

Post by ReadThoreau »

I can imagine that it is for one or the other not easy to make friendship with the idea of a bicycle. But almost everyone should have positive experiences with bicycles. Thats a good base.

I think a bicycle would be possibly easier to implement than a horse or something motorized. Nor can I imagine that would be easier to find a sponsor or a constructiv partnership.

I think that the Kronanbike would be ideal. This bike is a cult in Sweden has a high acceptance among young people but also generally in Scandinavia. Think at a campaign "Drive Kronanbike @ thehunter online". Perhaps one or the other will stay at theHunter. In any case, it would draw attention and we finally had a vehicle.

You could publish such a bike before a horse to satisfy the first market in short term. And later, a horse that would be used also for abrogating better. For a short trip to White Heart and Settlers a bike would still be awesome.

The tent solution (even if Doc-E describes a nice campfire atmosphere) should not be a real experience, but an simple spawn method near a tent. With a bike but you would have a real driving experience. That would be something completely new. Well done, fun to themselves.

Incidentally, I have been told from student groups, the luggage carrier can easily carry a whole box of Bavarian beer. ;) :D

Here is an alternative more progressive bike: 8-)

http://www.militarybikes.com/paratroopervid.html
Indecorous
Outfitter

Post by Indecorous »

OK, I want you to try this;

Go load up your backpack with 3 guns, a bow, tent, calls, sleeping bag, don't forget the blinds and all the other crap you wish to take. Then jump on a bicycle and tell me how that works out for you. hehehehe

At least with a horse or atv, you can carry some of that stuff OFF your back.

I'm against certain technology for the hunt. Especially all the electronics. Damn man!! Give us a horse, a compass, a gun and a knife. We'll take it from there. A sleeping bag and a tarp would be ok.

I have a strong feeling that those of you who "embrace"(can't live without) all this technology could never survive without it. This is a sad thing. It's just a bunch of crap to carry, that needs batteries. Try utilizing information gathered from your elders, use your head, think!!

I have never taken more than one firearm out on a hunt with me. A sidearm is ok. I've just never carried one. Neither did my father. At least not in the woods. In the Real World, I would be accepting of a cell phone in your pocket. At least if anything happened, you would have a chance at calling for help. If you have a signal. lol
docehrenhoefer
Tracker

Post by docehrenhoefer »

@ Indecorous:
Go load up your backpack with 3 guns, a bow, tent, calls, sleeping bag, don't forget the blinds and all the other crap you wish to take. Then jump on a bicycle and tell me how that works out for you. hehehehe
Well, I know some guys going mountaineering and climbing with their bikes, including all that metal stuff you need... no kiddin´!

@ReadThoreau:
Incidentally, I have been told from student groups, the luggage carrier can easily carry a whole box of Bavarian beer. ;) :D
From my own experience during my university time, a bike fits 2 drunk male students and *three* boxes of bavarian beer. :lol: :lol: :lol: at least the beer bottles were empty, when we all crashed some time after midnight, including that darn painted-black chains in front of Würzburgs castle. The result was pretty bad... :oops:
Indecorous
Outfitter

Post by Indecorous »

From my own experience during my university time, a bike fits 2 drunk male students and *three* boxes of bavarian beer. :lol: :lol: :lol: at least the beer bottles were empty, when we all crashed some time after midnight, including that darn painted-black chains in front of Würzburgs castle. The result was pretty bad... :oops:
ROFLMAO
That actually sounds like fun....... if I were 20 years younger. :lol:
Pilsner
Tracker

Post by Pilsner »

I think bike is ideal transport. It's silent and that matters. I vote for bike.
docehrenhoefer
Tracker

Post by docehrenhoefer »

Indecorous wrote: ROFLMAO
That actually sounds like fun....... if I were 20 years younger. :lol:
Well, I was almost 20 years (18, to be exact) younger than. It was like all other youth stories, first we had some fun, then the docs in the ER, :geek: and 6 weeks later we all had a great laugh at that story... :D
LongbowSally
Spotter

Post by LongbowSally »

Pilsner wrote:I think bike is ideal transport. It's silent and that matters. I vote for bike.
Yes, a bike would be pretty cool and silent.

Press link to make a test drive:

Bicycle Test Drive :D
Last edited by LongbowSally on December 29th, 2011, 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
gubbengoman
Tracker

Post by gubbengoman »

I would personally rather have the ATV over any vehicle..............Am i alone? :P
MAUSERICH
Scout

Post by MAUSERICH »

Would clearly prefer a horse, but normal woud be a simple car or pickup. Would choose where to get a sponsor. An ATW, I would not take. To loud and to much mainstream in my opinion.

A bicycle, why not at least has class. The idea with the Swedish militaribike is not so wrong. Driving much bike with the family so I'm still in training. :D

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”