New Pheasant ..... IDEAS?......................Leg Bands?

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Stefan Pettersson
Outfitter

Re: New Pheasant ..... IDEAS?......................Leg Bands

Post by Stefan Pettersson »

ColoradoKid wrote:As well, if they are not "seen" on the bird until after it is shot and walked up on, maybe that helps with the resource/programming time (which is always a benefit). It doesn't have to be programmed to be "drawn" on the model as the bird is flying, etc. :)
This is not an issue. If we want it visible when you bag the animal the ring will be there in the first place.

With this feature the hard part is really how the feature should be integrated into the website and the game design around it. I.e. should it be a subsection of the statistics that just deals with rings/tags, how do we give them meaning beside racking up a count on each color, etc. We also would like to see this incorporated into missions and the (future) achievement system.
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:.....With this feature the hard part is really how the feature should be integrated into the website and the game design around it. I.e. should it be a subsection of the statistics that just deals with rings/tags, how do we give them meaning beside racking up a count on each color, etc. We also would like to see this incorporated into missions and the (future) achievement system.
Stefan, you stated a lot of different considerations and options there....that is why THAT part of my suggestion was intentionally very very vague! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I had thought about the whole idea for a week or so and also had a few ideas on some of the above considerations, but didn't want to clutter the OP. I may edit some in here later.
Stefan Pettersson
Outfitter

Post by Stefan Pettersson »

ColoradoKid wrote:Stefan, you stated a lot of different considerations and options there....that is why THAT part of my suggestion was intentionally very very vague! :lol: :lol: :lol:
I know. :) I was just testing the waters, fishing for more feedback. ;)
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Post by Grizdude »

Cutch wrote:
Grizdude wrote:I like this idea! One of the things I liked about BirdHunter was the bands.
Great game, Griz, and it was fun making the bands showing where
they were banded, from all over the world.
It would be a nice touch to see a banded pheasant every now and
then,..with all the data listed on the band. (country, date the band was put on,..etc)
There could be a special recognition or Ems if someone nailed the one from a certain
place listed in a comp. Great idea! :!:
Exactly Cutch! Yea some good thoughts here..... I like your idea of prize money attached to a few certain bands! :D
DereFonzie
Outfitter

Post by DereFonzie »

"This pheasant was tagged in Panau 12/06/2008" :lol:
TheMooseGuy
Outfitter

Post by TheMooseGuy »

Boss Pheasant approves of this post. ;)

ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:With this feature the hard part is really how the feature should be integrated into the website and the game design around it. I.e. should it be a subsection of the statistics that just deals with rings/tags, how do we give them meaning beside racking up a count on each color, etc. ...
1) The band itself could simply have a number or "EW Bird Band" and a number. (Or MAYBE even better could be labeled CKB company or ColoradoKid Band Co. after its founder! HA HA HA 8-) :lol: :lol: :lol: Couldn't resist that one!)

2) Certificate of Appreciation. In RL, a hunter calls in the band number and a few weeks later he receives a certificate of appreciation for doing so. The cert provides the info on the bird. Ours could say released in Alberta, Canada, or Stockholm Sweden. Or, I would think even better release location could be one of the locations in our map. Field Point Lodge, Emerald Meadow, South Cliff, etc. Later could add the name of the new areas opened up (Bighorn Canyon, or whatever).

It may be fun trying to get a band from every location. Here are some options:

A) The certificate could be a "trophy shot" so instead of a trophy shot with the elk, deer, etc, it could be a pic of the certificate. (See below)

B) The "trophy shot" could instead be a pic of the band itself with the location , etc underneath the band

C) The trophy shot could be the player's avatar holding the pheasant with the bird info underneath . (Of course this may not be available any time soon as the dev team has stated they are not putting "fixes" on a broken trophy shot system and may need to wait for a new trophy pic system).

D) After the hunt, the warden of the Pheasants could send a Friendly message thanking the person for reporting the band and informing them a certificate with the birds' data will be sent to them. Then later that day or even a day later, a message could be sent with the cert info, pic of the cert, etc. The positive of this is you would have to wait to see where the bird was from, building anticipation as is the the RL equivalent. The negative is that some may not want to wait.

E) I also like the idea of the Certificate as I can see some really liking the "trophy" aspect and emailing a copy to other players or their friends.

Here is a copy of an actual band Certificate

IDEAS?? :?: :?:
Last edited by ColoradoKid on August 12th, 2010, 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Stefan Pettersson wrote:With this feature the hard part is really how the feature should be integrated into the website and the game design around it. I.e. should it be a subsection of the statistics that just deals with rings/tags, how do we give them meaning beside racking up a count on each color, etc.

A "Trophy Idea"-a separate Widget for Bird Bands - Four columns for Location taken, Pheasants, Ducks, Geese with an animal or band symbol above each column.

The LONG-term goal would be to try to eventually get one from each location. This could add some very long term re-playability for some players.

Under the column symbol, the number of the bands taken, Widget:

Bird Bands

RELEASE
LOCATION..........
PH .....DUCK...GEESE

Field Lodge ......... 3 ..... 1 ..... 0
Border Lodge ....... 2 ..... 0 ..... 0
Emerald Meadow ... 3 ..... 0 ..... 4
Cedar Bluffs ......... 0 ..... 0 ..... 0
Bighorn Canyon ..... 5 ..... 0 ..... 1
Elk Mountain ........ 2 ..... 4 ...... 1
Prairie Fields ....... 3 ...... 0 ..... 0

This would necessitate Estimating how many locations in the future would be considered "release sites" and then limiting the initial different sites that would specifically be from LP.

Somewhere might be nice to have a Widget to scroll through all the certificate pics to see one after another where the bands were from or a separate "trophy pic" section apart from the elk, etc to scroll through them.

Stefan Pettersson wrote:...I know. :) I was just testing the waters, fishing for more feedback. ;)
Is this the type of feedback you were asking for?

What do you all think? IDEAS? :?: :?: :?:
Duke
Outfitter

Post by Duke »

I really like that idea CK.
Here is a little mock-up of what I think the widget would look like: (not exactly what you said, but pretty close)
ColoradoKid
Master Competitor

Post by ColoradoKid »

Duke, that looks really good to me. That's exactly the idea I had with a separate Widget. My idea had three different groups of birds on one Widget, yours has one bird with two different colored bands....I think they both get to the same thing...Stefan wanting to get input on getting the most addtion to the game with this idea.

Thanks, Duke. I like how you have the Certificates tab there as well.

I hope many others enter their input here...This is a great opportunity for all reading. This is an animal we KNOW is being released soon, some work/changes can still be done and Stefan has asked for input. Now is the time to have an impact on the outcome.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”