Animation suggestions go here:

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Ace78
Scout

Re: Animation suggestions goes here:

Post by Ace78 »

Welcome shorty....
Yeah, I agree, animal interaction and relevant animation should be a high priority, as should be a few variations in antlers an skins.
I defo agree about some more realistic hit/shot animations, as "bucknasty" said, often when a deer is hit it'll jump or flip.
If you want to see some good footage for idea's of animal reaction on approach and then shot take a look at this site, in fact it could give you quite a few idea's especially for the turkeys ;)
http://www.huntingfootage.com

As for weapons, the shotgun really needs some attention, it's nothing like the real thing unless perhaps your in game charater is based on a 5 year old firing a 8 gauge for the first time!! :lol:

It's far too slow to maneuver, too slow to reload and recoil reaction is way out!! Shoty's need to be smooth, light and pointable.
bucknasty
Chat Logger

Post by bucknasty »

i love our weapons they animate pretty smooth also like how the player model hands fiddle and stretch its fingers..but i have a feeling if they arnt already theyre gonna be workin on a muzzleloader sooner or later.. and that will really need some realistic loading animation especially if its the classic style..i for one like the modern ones and they too load in a special way...the guy who animated the weapons before did a great job so u got some shoes to fill..we have faith in you though.. and congratz on the job.. i know that they tried out a bunch of guys and they didnt cut it so u must of impressed them.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

maybe ducks near ponds as well or geese :D
bucknasty
Chat Logger

Post by bucknasty »

INSTG8R wrote:
shorty Sjöström wrote:Thanks for welcoming me to the forum! :) How about weapon animations? Is there some weapon animation you would like to change or tweak in some way?
Well the constant fidgeting with items in your hand could definitely go. I'm sure/hope the animals aren't affected by it but is annoying none the less.
i like the fidgeting and ..no they dont have anything to do with animals reacting to it..that only happens when u change stance or move mouse..anyways the fidgeting is what makes the game stand out from other fps perspective.. makes it more emersive for me *shrug* i really dont like the feel of a gun in hand that sits stiff so many other hunting games and fps games do that..the hunters arms and perspective are so unique i love lookin down at my weapon and to the side.. it feels so free and real.
Legendaryaxe
Tracker

Post by Legendaryaxe »

Welcome to our community! :D

The better the animation, the more believable the animals will become. I woud like to see the following implemented into the game:

- eating/drinking (it exists now, but in a crude form)
- urinating/defectating
- mating
- playing
- fighting
- interacting with environment (trees, water, etc)
- hunting (the coyote needs to hunt, somehow!)
- agressive behaviour with people (feral pig -- perhaps a big male could sometimes make some kind of show of agression, when he sees the protagonist of The Hunter)

NPC (non-playing characters) such as birds and insects (insects should be a bit smaller, sometimes!). Birds could land in trees sometimes. On a quick sidenote; maybe we could even shoot them (for the sake of realism), and just not be able to collect their little bodies.

And here's a big one:

- death animations (from running/standing to falling and everything in-between)
- animation of the animal suffering (if hit with a non-lethal shot, and in some cases, before dying).

Procedural animation would make animals look like they're actually interacting with the terrain, rather than just kind floating up hills, etc...but not every gamer's PC's up to the task. Perhaps sometime in the future...
Last edited by Legendaryaxe on June 1st, 2010, 8:28 am, edited 6 times in total.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

lightening and thunder 8-) this would be so awesome

argghhhh yes yotes grabbing a turkey on a meadow maybe :lol: this would be astounding
stumpy800
Tracker

Post by stumpy800 »

hi im sure i will be slated for saying this but here goes :) gun jam ????? finishing move i.e knife to kill wounded animal,definately speed up all movements relating to guns ,rutting ,and a few weather bits too like hail snow? wind,lightning thunder
mating lol??????? different hunter clothes b and c dont seem to be any different tbh not too sure if thats your area of expertise and seeing doc at the lodge ???????????? or any of the other experts in some animated way,and welcome
ReinierK
Outfitter

Post by ReinierK »

Hmm... weapon animations, does this include sounds?

General
- Maybe more idle animations when waiting (and PLEASE make a difference in animations between prone/crouching/standing positions, no one wobbles his gun around to check it out when laying prone like that :D)
- Smoke effects when a shot is fired? I don't own a gun, but I think you'll see some smoke here and there when you just fire a round.
- Rounds dropping on the ground should make sound, relative to position/height above the ground (e.g. when reloading your .44, the sound plays way too fast when standing up)
- Gun should be swinging more when running / have a different animation in general

Shotgun
- Quicker shell animation and possibly 2 or 3 shells in hand at a time?
- Right now it sounds as if you're loading a plastic gun, could be more realistic ;-)

Bow
- When the bow is not in aiming position, the water-level thingy should change. The air bubble remains in the middle somehow ;-)
stumpy800
Tracker

Post by stumpy800 »

quake sounds lol
i.e monster elk
ludicrous kill lololol
bucknasty
Chat Logger

Post by bucknasty »

edelweiss800 wrote:quake sounds lol
i.e monster elk
ludicrous kill lololol
we need to stick u with the guys who will eventually ask for dinasours to hunt and rocket launchers heh.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”