Tip for using both the Bobcat caller ( radio ) and any predator decoys at same place .

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Tip for using both the Bobcat caller ( radio ) and any predator decoys at same place .

Post by DYEUZ »

This info is for the players that want to use the Bobcat caller ( a.k.a. the radio ) and any of the predator decoys close together .

In example :
In WHI , you want to use both the caller and decoy pretty close together .
First , you need to know that they need to be at least 10m from any equipment .
You must put on ground , the predator caller before the radio , otherwise your predator caller will still be red and wont be able to be placed.
In putting the predator caller first , the radio can then be place right next to it .

With radio put first :

With predator decoy put first :

tyvm
Last edited by DYEUZ on December 9th, 2017, 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Villkatta
Outfitter

Re: Tip for using both the Bobcat caller ( radio ) and any predator decoys at same place .

Post by Villkatta »

Nice tip! Btw, Is there any advantage in using both on the same spot? Better attraction?

DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Re: Tip for using both the Bobcat caller ( radio ) and any predator decoys at same place .

Post by DYEUZ »

Villkatta wrote:Nice tip! Btw, Is there any advantage in using both on the same spot? Better attraction?
I don't know . What i imagine is that, the radio attracts the Bobcats . The predator decoys attracts the Coyotes and occasionally / randomly , the Bobcats .
So, it gives me a better attraction % ( all in my head probably ,maybe not code wise , idk ) :P
Still need to use it a little more like that , with both , but i like what i see so far .

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Villkatta wrote:Nice tip! Btw, Is there any advantage in using both on the same spot? Better attraction?
This could jst be my imagination, but it seems the bobcat will spook before it gets to the bobcat caller and the desired spot I want it to take a bow shot. What I have learned to do is set up the predator decoy at the spot I want to take a bow shot. I set up the bobcat caller closest to me to lure them into the area. Once I have eyes on the bobcat creeping in, I will shut off the caller and let the decoy lure the bobcat to it. I seem to get better bow shots this way.
FR_Bugs
Outfitter

Post by FR_Bugs »

Nice tip DYEUZ, thanks for this :)

Return to “Fan Guides”