Very good TS spot WHI south

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
SPRK85
Outfitter

Re: Very good TS spot WHI south

Post by SPRK85 »

Love to hunt there... shot many yotes in that area. Absolutely one of my favorite fishingspots.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

basically its a tent near a spawn point. then get in a tree stand. any location which has yotes will work exactly the same.the key is to try and find more than one species area in the same vacinity.that has the same species.so if that is near one area for coyotes look at animal maps for reserve then find a area inbetween numerous coyote areas.

the thing is the animal maps are not totally valid anymore as the animal spawn areas can change at any point.so many old guides are actually wrong now.by that what used to be a coyote guide that area may only spawn whitetails.the coyote maybe somewhere else.the key to theHunter is to always change up your game and never stick to one old way of hunting.its actually great it is so unpredictable because it keeps it interesting.
kevin2106
Hunter

Post by kevin2106 »

ronMctube wrote:basically its a tent near a spawn point. then get in a tree stand. any location which has yotes will work exactly the same.the key is to try and find more than one species area in the same vacinity.that has the same species.so if that is near one area for coyotes look at animal maps for reserve then find a area inbetween numerous coyote areas.

the thing is the animal maps are not totally valid anymore as the animal spawn areas can change at any point.so many old guides are actually wrong now.by that what used to be a coyote guide that area may only spawn whitetails.the coyote maybe somewhere else.the key to theHunter is to always change up your game and never stick to one old way of hunting.its actually great it is so unpredictable because it keeps it interesting.

I read that guide Flanker posted around 4 months ago and i can tell you that you are right... I tried it out as soon as i saw the guide and filled the south island up with tents and treestands where he had them. Only had one pack in 1 hour somethimes 2. The coyotes have big packs but it is hard getting many, so i would say i got on my luckiest pack 4 out of maybe 10 yotes before they ran. And yes for those who will say i did spawn at a tent 1 km away and fast traveled there to trigger the animals and not making em spawn outside 150 m. It just didn't work, the guide is one of the best explained i've seen and i'm sure it worked very good in the past, but something has changed

ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

its a great guide it works for many.all im saying is dont put all your eggs in one basket.the basics of the guide are exactly the same for any coyote spawn spot.so basically put tent near a spawn point fast travel to it you get yotes.all i was saying is its actually better to put your tent where more than one point is.also the points or animals are changed.so what worked might not tomorrow since they changed the serverside thing.basically can now be swapped instantly.

you can see this recently on many maps.for eg.redfeather never in the game has certain animals spawned where they do now.people who play regular and vets notice this instantly.for eg where whitetails used to spawn and moose only for eg bears now spawn in those spots and maybe the bear spots were swapped for whitetails.

so many old animal maps are decent just not fully correct and many old guides are not fully correct.they work just possibly not as good as they used to as things can change at a drop of a hat.

also i hunted soley coyote when they first came out for about 6 months straight ive killed 1441 .

Return to “Fan Guides”