Animal Difficulty Comparison

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Animal Difficulty Comparison

Post by stancomputerhunter »

Very interesting, and it should be a "heads up" to EW, that 3 of the 5 most difficult animals to track and SEE are at TgT. The WORST reserve for hunting unless you like 150+meters shooting. Worked for 3 hours real time yesterday trying to harvest a Bighorn from <30m with a bow. (part of the Bighorn Mission Pack) Finally after over 40 minutes of RT crawling I got close to one. I'm lying flat on a rock with the Xbow cocked and ready. 25 meters away. Suddenly she moves ONE step and since I was prone, I could not target her without moving to crouch, and of course..spooked and history. If I would have stayed prone, in seconds she would have been beyond 30 meters.

150+ shots are not hunting EW. Neither is crawling half the map and spotting exactly THREE Bighorns.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29
stancomputerhunter
Trophy Hunter

Re: Animal Difficulty Comparison

Post by stancomputerhunter »

HooCairs wrote:Happy to discuss certain numbers! What is your experience? :)
I'm a middle of the road skill set person after 3-1/2 years, yet I'm at level 20 spotting on Canada Goose. Part of it's from sitting in a tower and spotting them after they land, or standing in a blind and doing the same. I would say they are pretty easy to get a "spot" on. Even when shooting them airborne, you get a spot on the ones you are aiming at, most of the time.

Image Rares: 86 NTs: 29

Return to “Fan Guides”