Climb like an Ibex on VDB! -How to get up on hills in VDB-

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Climb like an Ibex on VDB! -How to get up on hills in VDB-

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Hate it when an Ibex get stuck up on the rocks you cannot reach?
Always wanted to get up there and make long shots down?
Just wanna get up on the mountains for fun?

This is a guide how to climb up some hills on Val-des-Bois where you are not supposed to be!
I know a few different mountains that you can get up on and a way to cross on the walls to the church ruins without using any climbing gear or medkits.

Areas surrounded by green is reachable areas.
Red dot is where you start to get up and line is where you go to reach the top. (Zoom in on image if it's too small to see.)
Blue line is where to get to the old Chapel without climbing gear, which can be done without medkit use.

A great trick when sliding down hills is to stand up with you back against the wall and hold S and spam A and D. It will stop you from gaining the speed needed to die, you can see in my video later how i do it, every time i slip i use this method.
I have slided over 40-50 meters on spot 2 and survived using that method, it's really good.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spot #3 is so easy I did not make an image, just walk up the hill from where my red line starts, it's really easy and not hard to find. It's wide spaces to walk on without sliding down so no image is needed.
It might be possible to go further down south on spot 3, but it's hard after the glacier as the walls are steep and the timer starts if you go too much to the left and you have to get back to safe zone withing 30 seconds. It might also be possible to go longer after north glacier, i have not gone there myself yet to test it out.

#4 I made a video for spot #4 how to cross the hillside to the chapel.
It is inspired by a video made by HooCairs who first showed how to run over to that spot but he died and used a medkit to get over so i made a version without medkit use! I forgot to include how to get up there from the ground, it can be seen in HooCairs video!

#5 Credits again to HooCairs for this one!
How to climb the biggest mountain on the map, Mount Oprawca!

When you climb, always look at the angle of the ground you are walking on, you can find less steep sweetspots and edges that are walkable that allows you to not start slipping.

There are many more places we can get up on, please post your climbing places here!
We are only done with this thread when we have a way to get up on every single mountain and cliff on the whole map! :D
BCKidd

Re: Climb like an Ibex on VDB! -How to get up on hills in VD

Post by BCKidd »

Thanks ehr_Icaar, this will be helpful for sure. Well done! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

BCKidd wrote:Thanks ehr_Icaar, this will be helpful for sure. Well done! 8-) Peace.

BCKidd.
Thanks!
I updated the map a little!
It's easy to get to spot 6.
I made a video again but it was a bit short in beginning, but to get to the point i'm at in the video just walk up against the wall and get up there. There is only 1 slide down and it's not a long one, which i show in the video.

I just saw this other nice climbing thread in another forum section with a lot of videos made by Ludante, it's a good watch!
http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=89&t=65637
nosnerb
Outfitter

Post by nosnerb »

Kind of depressed me, when I shot a huge ibex, but wasn't able to recover it. I wasn't happy and neither was that old Doc
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Re: Climb like an Ibex on VDB! -How to get up on hills in VDB-

Post by ehr_Icaar »

Could anyone help me to perhaps update the wiki with climbing places?
http://thehunter.wikia.com/wiki/Val-des-Bois

On the wiki most mountains are marked as "unreachable", but they are not! You can get up there and hunt and collect ibex on those mountains.

My paintskills are too bad but if anyone is willing to help me redo this map to something better looking I'd be very happy! https://imgur.com/y8cEoQH
Everything circled by green is reachable, I tested it a LOT, you just have to walk in the right places to get up. As I posted earlier in thread.
Red lines is drawn to show where to walk, It's a guide as some places are very precise where you must walk.
I had another updated map that I never posted, it's lost now since it was so long ago but there was some minor updates. For example on Area #3 you could get even further up onto the mountain on the other side of the ice glacier! :D
Levado
Scout

Re: Climb like an Ibex on VDB! -How to get up on hills in VDB-

Post by Levado »

I marked a starting point with a blue arrow. You don't have to start there, you can start north of the mountain in the ibex area and follow the mountain on the east side going south, with the last part going north and up, that's how I managed to bag a high scoring ibex.

Hunter Score 71k+ ● Playing Since 2009 ● Favorite Species: all deer

Return to “Fan Guides”