Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
IzDaPat
Scout

Re: Feeder 100% co-ordiantes

Post by IzDaPat »

You're welcome!

I've also recommended your thread for "Tip Of The Week", here: http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=270

I don't know why there has never been a listing of all 100% feeder / barrel spots - I guess some people like to guard these "secrets"...

To be perfectly honest, though: While all of these spots should reach 100%, some of the locations I have listed are much, much more efficient than others. For instance, my Rougarou Bayou bear barrel won't produce more than three or four bears - obviously, Redfeather Falls is where you want to go for Black Bear. I just like that area in the Bayou - it's merely a bonus that it will also hit the 100% mark.

Here are my personal criteria for feeder / barrel spots:

1. They should reach 100% attractiveness.
2. They should offer a spot for a tree stand / blind / tripod within bow-hunting distance.
3. They should be situated in beautiful, immersive locations; representative of the map. (This is, of course, totally subjective.)

Personally, I don't care about competitions at all (which you can tell by looking at my profile's "Trophy" page.) The main reason I like to maintain all these feeder / barrel spots is not to give me an advantage in competitions, but to allow me to host rewarding multiplayer sessions for my friends or newbies who want to "learn the ropes".

Long story short, I don't claim "my" locations are perfect or maximally productive - there should be many people out there who know even better spots for each map. Come on - let us know! ;)

In my book, anything that maximizes the average player's fun and success and also increases EW's sales and revenues is a good thing!
Last edited by IzDaPat on June 18th, 2015, 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ludante
Outfitter

Post by Ludante »

Thanks IzDaPat , I already tried the first one for hogs in LP, it works very well..
I joined the forum in order to post pictures and videos from gameplay, also to get news, updates and additional features..Everything I say or post is purely for fun purposes.
iz_da
Scout

Post by iz_da »

Thanks namesake, bookmarked the thread straight away :P
Spoiler:
waiora
Outfitter

Post by waiora »

Im not able to edit the original thread but im putting all this on a spreadsheet for the wiki page instead
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

Once you collect them all, you could make a map using Fumar's hunter tools: http://fumarporros.bplaced.net
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
insub
Hunter

Post by insub »

here you go just filled them up and got the locations, all 100 feeders

rougarou bayou
hog feederx:-3444 y:8943
bear feeder x:-2798 y:7849

Val des Bois
brown bear x:3445 y:-1396

Hirschfelden
wild boar:x 8822 y:355
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

2 little things before starting :

- It's hard to get the exact location where the feeder is put on the map as if you come the closest you can to it and take note of the x,y coords those can change with a difference of +-1 depending the side you are facing the feeder, that's the case for my own feeder, don't know if there is a way to get the very precise coords the feeder is planted on the ground, as you can't get on the top of it ... and sometimes moving a feeder one meter away can result in a previously going up to 100% feeder turn in a max 90% one ...

- @HunterBooth : on the link you gave the setup#2 & #3 have the same coords for the feeders :mrgreen:

This being said , this is my pig feeder at Bushranger's red soil map, 100% attraction :
x: 3749 y: 11644
Spoiler:
max seen was 25 pigs once, 23 visible on this picture, wasn't possible from my spotting and shooting location to get them all on the picture at the same time :
I wish i had a RPG in game this day :p

Until the dogs came out and when having time i was working on a tool able to draw me precise tiny marks on the map for the warrens in Bushranger's run after storing the locations of the ones i find in a database, still a w.i.p. consuming a lot of time as I'm not a coder and do things by trial and error but created another database for all coordinates reported on this thread and then modified the code a bit to draw all the location reported and this is the results ( green crosses = Pigs feeders / pink crosses = Bears feeders ) :

Bushrangers Run :
Spoiler:
Redfeather Falls :
Spoiler:
Hirschfelden
Spoiler:
Logger's Point & Settler Creeks
Spoiler:
Rougarou Bayou
Spoiler:
Hemmeldal
Spoiler:
Val des Bois
Spoiler:
Still working on this when i have time and as it's not finished and all data is automatically processed to be drawn on map it still have flaws like the text on some location of Hirschfelden overlapping when 2 spots are too close to each other, later I might leave only the small crosses if this thread turns out to have dozens and dozens of entires but this might help a bit for now.

It should be pretty accurate if i made no typing errors entering all coords in the database, probably more accurate than the maps we get for the kills locations in the launcher having the big orange cross icons. Until i find a way to get a higher resolution world map than the one displayed in game ( working on a assembled 8Kx8K px. resolution picture of the entire game world here but would need a 4 times higher resolution one to be precise at 100% and until i work on my tool to get it a unction upscaling the resolution picture of the world map ( or unless the Dev's provide me such thing, if a 32Kx32K px even exist :p), well for now it's the most accurate i can get, feel free to check you reported feeders locations and see if it's ok :D

Good thread idea Waiora , if you make a similar one for prolific waterfowl spots I already prepared the fields for those in my storage database, just in case i don't have to mess with my code again later :lol:
Last edited by K4n4y on June 21st, 2015, 4:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
IzDaPat
Scout

Post by IzDaPat »

Wow, K4n4y - many of those locations are very close to the ones I shared on page 1 of this thread. I think we are narrowing down the best spots here!

Glad to see more people are starting to contribute. :)
gunrangejohn
Outfitter

Post by gunrangejohn »

I will put up my boar feeder co- later they go to 100 percent
at the same time.
K4n4y
Hunter

Post by K4n4y »

IzDaPat wrote:Wow, K4n4y - many of those locations are very close to the ones I shared on page 1 of this thread. I think we are narrowing down the best spots here!

Glad to see more people are starting to contribute. :)
Most of the spots drawn in the pictures are coming from your post ( thx for sharing ) :p, i stored all the locations found in this thread, added 2 locations from the link HunterBooth posted too ( only 2 as 2 spots on 3 have the same coords) and added mine that is very close to one of yours in Bushranger's map.

Now let's see if more coords get added to this thread and i'll add them to my database then update the maps pictures in the coming days when I'll have time.

Return to “Fan Guides”