Wiki News / Updates

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Wiki News / Updates

Post by HooCairs »

Wiki News from August 24
  • added .30-06 Stutzen Bolt Action Rifle and updated everything related (ammo, scopes)
  • added Grizzly Bear Missions
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Hi, Hoo. I noticed that in CSS section few animals (Bighorn, Dall, Feral Goat, Wolf and WT ptarmigans) missing Min/Max Score, Multiplier and Max CSS. My brother and I are willing to help you out with that. We'll try to find them out for you if you don't mind.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

saldas1983 wrote:Hi, Hoo. I noticed that in CSS section few animals (Bighorn, Dall, Feral Goat, Wolf and WT ptarmigans) missing Min/Max Score, Multiplier and Max CSS. My brother and I are willing to help you out with that. We'll try to find them out for you if you don't mind.
I had a way to calculate them but then realized that you have multiple combinations of values that will always lead to the same numbers. Only a dev can tell us what these values are, but they don't do that anymore.
Spoiler:
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Out of curiosity why don't they?? Is that the same reason we don't know some max weights?
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Are you saying its no longer possible to correctly calculate them?
I think we are using your way to calculate them. We are working on them and we'll see what we come up with. Its your choice then to put them in wiki or not.
I still remember when one dev left (don't remember his name) and you were saying that your source of information directly from EW gone. Its a shame nobody can make your life easier doing a mammoth task looking after wiki.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

saldas1983 wrote:Are you saying its no longer possible to correctly calculate them?
I think we are using your way to calculate them. We are working on them and we'll see what we come up with. Its your choice then to put them in wiki or not.
I still remember when one dev left (don't remember his name) and you were saying that your source of information directly from EW gone. Its a shame nobody can make your life easier doing a mammoth task looking after wiki.
The calculated values can be hit or miss. They work and can calculate the CSS, but they are not necessarily the values that EW have in the system.
Can't find the discussion where Caledonianblues said that many values in the Wiki are wrong.
TreeKiwi wrote:Out of curiosity why don't they?? Is that the same reason we don't know some max weights?
Yes, they don't want to share too much insight information. It has changed a few times depending on the game designers and CEOs in charge.

For the weight there is an additional factor. Some of the newer species have a random factor built into the max weight. A max weight is given as the calculation basis, but there can be heavier animals. The only animal that I know from a dev that has this is the polar bear. Don't know what other animals use this.
Spoiler:
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

Well, then there is no point trying to calculate them.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

saldas1983 wrote:Well, then there is no point trying to calculate them.
Yes, unfortunately. I was pretty happy to have all these values until I learned that many were wrong. This is a type of information I see no harm in players having it, but oh well.
Spoiler:
saldas1983
Hunter

Post by saldas1983 »

They can't be very far away from real values. Its not like it says kangaroo max score 120 when actualy it is around 91. So I still see it as usefull information even if its not 100% accurat.
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Yeah would you consider using ~ symbol or +\-Hoo? Like Dall sheep I have never seen one guess over 120 I think it is... or is it 125?? For weight. So if a new person was wondering because maybe they were going to enter a competition then they had a rough idea of what was good.

Return to “Fan Guides”