Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
krokenosterfant
Scout

Re: Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Post by krokenosterfant »

Hi Everyone. I got this app a while ago but to be honest I haven't really tried it yet... But I would like to know, with this app will I be able to look at all my stats for example will it look through my hunt history and if I want to see how many ibex I have shot over let say a score of 240? Hope this makes sense
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

krokenosterfant wrote:Hi Everyone. I got this app a while ago but to be honest I haven't really tried it yet... But I would like to know, with this app will I be able to look at all my stats for example will it look through my hunt history and if I want to see how many ibex I have shot over let say a score of 240? Hope this makes sense
It won't do anything at this point. It is not currently working.
mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

krokenosterfant wrote:Hi Everyone. I got this app a while ago but to be honest I haven't really tried it yet... But I would like to know, with this app will I be able to look at all my stats for example will it look through my hunt history and if I want to see how many ibex I have shot over let say a score of 240? Hope this makes sense
You would if it was working... Jamie is working on that!
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Yes you will. The app is not keeping stats properly because of the 160005 crashes and lack of stats being updated by the server. The app is mostly automated, but because of the issues mentioned previously, the app will hang up and not update. I am adding some manual functionality to allow the user to compensate for the issues. I will be adding the polar bear changes and testing the new version of app against the beta, and will be releasing the new version with the release of the next update that includes the new polar bear changes.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Yes you will. The app is not keeping stats properly because of the 160005 crashes and lack of stats being updated by the server. The app is mostly automated, but because of the issues mentioned previously, the app will hang up and not update. I am adding some manual functionality to allow the user to compensate for the issues. I will be adding the polar bear changes and testing the new version of app against the beta, and will be releasing the new version with the release of the next update that includes the new polar bear changes.
I'm curious though, how are you accessing this data? I know it can be accessed, just not legitimately (unless of course you've come to an agreement with Expansive Worlds). I've had numerous talks with the developers about using cURL / OAuth to authenticate and pull data from the web server but the conclusion each time has been that it's not permitted. There's a similar discussion about this here.

I'm also curious to know how the 16005 issue would affect stats that are recorded being pulled from the web server. Obviously if someone crashes and the record of that hunt is gone then nothing can be done about it but surely an app that gathers profile information would still work despite the existence of the issue that causes the crashes?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot or pick holes in your plan. I'm just concerned about the game's reliability and stability. There is no API through which third party developers can connect to the backend and retrieve stats. So anyone doing it through means which are not permitted is something that concerns me, as ultimately it's going to put additional strain on the web server (and ultimately the database servers) and in the long run that will affect Expansive Worlds and subscribers.

By the way I should also point out that I would love to develop reporting applications. I would also love Expansive Worlds to offer more detailed reporting. I just would prefer it to be implemented in a way that doesn't risk impacting the game's stability. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea, or the proposed app.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

caledonianblues wrote:
JamboWhoDat wrote:Yes you will. The app is not keeping stats properly because of the 160005 crashes and lack of stats being updated by the server. The app is mostly automated, but because of the issues mentioned previously, the app will hang up and not update. I am adding some manual functionality to allow the user to compensate for the issues. I will be adding the polar bear changes and testing the new version of app against the beta, and will be releasing the new version with the release of the next update that includes the new polar bear changes.
I'm curious though, how are you accessing this data? I know it can be accessed, just not legitimately (unless of course you've come to an agreement with Expansive Worlds). I've had numerous talks with the developers about using cURL / OAuth to authenticate and pull data from the web server but the conclusion each time has been that it's not permitted. There's a similar discussion about this here.

I'm also curious to know how the 16005 issue would affect stats that are recorded being pulled from the web server. Obviously if someone crashes and the record of that hunt is gone then nothing can be done about it but surely an app that gathers profile information would still work despite the existence of the issue that causes the crashes?

I'm not trying to put you on the spot or pick holes in your plan. I'm just concerned about the game's reliability and stability. There is no API through which third party developers can connect to the backend and retrieve stats. So anyone doing it through means which are not permitted is something that concerns me, as ultimately it's going to put additional strain on the web server (and ultimately the database servers) and in the long run that will affect Expansive Worlds and subscribers.

By the way I should also point out that I would love to develop reporting applications. I would also love Expansive Worlds to offer more detailed reporting. I just would prefer it to be implemented in a way that doesn't risk impacting the game's stability. It's not that I'm opposed to the idea, or the proposed app.
I will PM you with the details.
novakun23
Spotter

Post by novakun23 »

im assuming that w.e the problem was has not been fixed yet/support for this has stopped?
loved the app very useful back when i played originally!
thewindiw
Scout

Post by thewindiw »

I get the Error (400) bad request

It hops it drops, it flies it dies, if it gets away you shot it in the wrong way= thewindow :P
PicSoul
Hunter

Post by PicSoul »

thewindiw wrote:I get the Error (400) bad request
I think this is now dead. Seems like there may have been some issues that were impossible to get around.
Granti
Hunter

Post by Granti »

had an error too. its a shame that ew does not allow third party apps. as there arent sufficient stats its exactly what the game would need. heat map, kill map, species stats, etc.

Return to “Fan Guides”