Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
mcbacker
Scout

Re: Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Post by mcbacker »

Hi Jamie!

I believe that rewrite is the only viable option... they've changed everything in the last few months.

Do you have an ETA for the community? I'm not included because I'm no longer playing.
Capn Trade
Spotter

Post by Capn Trade »

JamboWhoDat wrote:Right I'm just grabbing the hunter's current expedition stats from his/her current ongoing hunt. If in a multiplayer hunt, the app will allow you to view and compare the current expedition stats for all hunter's in the current ongoing multiplayer hunt. I took over the app from good ol' McBacker. At first I was initially going to update his current app, but I've decided to completely rework the back-end to allow for easier updating and for expanding the app with new upgrades. Right now the app will be just giving the current ongoing session stats for each harvest which includes "Species, Gender, Rarity, Score, Harvest Value, Weight, Date/Time, Shot(s) Hit, Shot(s) Distance, and Weapon(s) Used". I see a lot of potential with the app which is why I'm rewriting the "nuts & bolts" or if you prefer the "meat & potatoes" of the app to make adding additional new features and updates easier and quicker.
Thanks for the explanation. I like the app and more stats is always better. I'm excited to see the finished product.
finnibusa

Post by finnibusa »

Getting an error "404, File not found." Any Ide why?
seammer
Tracker

Post by seammer »

Could the 404 error be because the OP, mcbacker, is not currently active in theHunter?

I wish I'd seen this while it was available. Looks like a great tool.

Does anyone have contact with mcbacker or permission to re-distribute the file/s?
mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

seammer wrote:Could the 404 error be because the OP, mcbacker, is not currently active in theHunter?

I wish I'd seen this while it was available. Looks like a great tool.

Does anyone have contact with mcbacker or permission to re-distribute the file/s?
JamboWhoDat is/was taking care of the code... Really doesn't know the status of this project.

Regards
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

seammer wrote:I wish I'd seen this while it was available. Looks like a great tool.
Yes, this tool was extreme useful. I miss it. Great work Mr. mcbaker. :)
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

Pittie wrote:
seammer wrote:I wish I'd seen this while it was available. Looks like a great tool.
Yes, this tool was extreme useful. I miss it. Great work Mr. mcbaker. :)
Ty, Mr. ;)
Pittie
Hunter

Post by Pittie »

I think, because it seems that the devs are not be able to build such great statistic functions, they should give mcbacker an offer
for build a new working tool and pay him something for it.
It's a shame that this great program does not work anymore!

Regards from Berlin
Pittie
Regards Pittie
Sorry for my english

JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hello fellow hunters!

I probably should have given you all this status update a couple of months ago after Whiterime's Ridge release. To give a brief recap, McBacker made this wonderful app that unfortunately quit worker when EW made changes to the way their data was being created. McBacker was unable to correct and work on the app for personal reasons, so I took it over for him. I had to redo the guts of the app to be able to process the new data format. While I was at it, I decided to add some additional changes to the guts to make the app more flexible when adding new content, features, and updates in the future. Back in September a week or two before Whiterime's release, I had completed these changes on the backend and had the current app's interface use some mapping to access these new libraries and dictionaries. I had planned on asking the community for input with regards for improving the interface and for what additional features and data they would like to see since the new libraries and dictionaries will be able to handle including new additions without too many problems (at least I hope so).

My intent was to release the app with Whiterime's Ridge release, so that it would have included all the new stuff that came with the new reserve. Unfortunately, this did not happen because of all the problems with regards to the game crashes and statistics not saving and updating. Since the app is dependent on EW, the app has problems when there is no data or the app hangs onto old data when the game crashes. I got annoyed with it and placed the app on the back burner until EW releases hopefully their next patch correcting these issues. I didn't want to release the app knowing there were problems with it, nor did I want McBacker or this thread to get bombarded with post saying the app is broken or it's not working or updating, etc. when they encountered a game crash or lack of updated stats. Another hunter sent me a PM asking about the app last week, and after reading January 13th's status update with EW saying they don't know when they can have things fixed, I decided to give this update and to tell you I'm taking the app off the back burner and will be working on it again to handle these issues.

I'm going to try to add some checks to data every time the app makes a request from EW for an update, and if things have failed, give the user some friendly messaging alerting them when things aren't updating from EW. Also I'm going to add a "Restart" button that will allow the user to start the app over with a new session after a fail, so that they don't have to close out and reopen the app from their desktop or start menu.

My apologies for the lack of communication. Remember patience is a virtue and to aim small and aim true.

JamboWhoDat
mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

Hi, Jamie.

Thank you for the input!

Backer

Return to “Fan Guides”