Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
mcbacker
Scout

Re: Real Time Statistics Application v3.4 - (2014/05/24)

Post by mcbacker »

Jamie,

Take all the time you need... You are doing a favor for all of us.

Backer
SloNeZ
Scout

Post by SloNeZ »

JamboWhoDat wrote:To all hunters who enjoy this app,

My apologies for not getting this upgraded in a timely matter. My father has recently passed away from cancer, and I've been preoccupied with family things and legal issues related to his death. I'm on holiday break until next year and will be getting this upgraded within the next couple of weeks. To recap, the developers made some changes to their api. I need to change the calls in the app to call into the new api. The player's expedition data is also in a new format, so I will need to change the parser and mapper in the app to read the new data format. I will try to be working on this daily as time allows and get this upgraded while I'm on break over the next couple of weeks. I will keep you hunters updated on the progress of the upgrade.

Thanks for you understanding,
JamboWhodat
So sorry to hear of your Father's passing.
While many of us wait with anticipation for this app to be functional once again, take care of the things that matter first. I'm sure we can all wait a bit longer.
It's a shame the dev team doesn't work with you and Mcbacker to roll it into the game. Maybe some day they will.
I hope you had a Merry Christmas, well, as much as can be expected. Once again, my condolences.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hello fellow hunters!

I hope everyone had a good Christmas or a good Thursday if Christmas is not your thing. First, I would like to thank you all for the condolences. I really appreciate it. Here is a status update for you. I did some refactoring and clean up of the code for improvement and efficiency, and I changed out the old method calls to the hunter with the new method calls. To get the data I need requires two methods. The first method uses your hunter name to get your hunterID. The second method uses your hunterID to retrieve the data for your current expedition aka current hunt.

Unfortunately I hit a roadblock, or in the hunter's terms, my shot hit the boulder instead of the bear next to it. Although my developer tools are able to tell me what the new methods are, they don't tell me what all the parameters the new methods are expecting. I'm getting an error message saying the method for getting your hunterID requires two parameters with your hunter name being one of them. I'm unable to find documentation to what that second parameter could be.

I noticed in the first post to this thread that McBacker has talked to Tod1d and NAOutdoors about the app. My next step is to pm both of them for help. I'm hoping they have insight and can provide me documentation, or they can get me in touch with one of devs for their assistance.

I will keep you posted once I have further information, but until then enjoy the last of 2014 and get ready to receive 2015 with a bang.

Happy Hunting,
JamboWhoDat
mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

Hi Jamie.

I'm afraid that the developers won't help us. Still that there is an API now with Json data flowing, it is not public, and hardly a technical documentation will be provided.

The first time I tried the method that give us the user ID, the only parameter was the Hunter name... Are you using Fiddler? It should give us a hint about that second expected parameter.

Backer

Sent from my SM-N9005
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hey Backer,

I downloaded Fiddler but wasn't quite understanding how to properly use it. You could say I had a Homer Simpson "D'OH" moment. I'm running Windows 8.1 and didn't realize I needed to put Fiddler in Win8 config mode. Plus I didn't realize I needed to open Fiddler first before opening my web browser. Well now that I have Fiddler figured out and working properly, I must say Fiddler is a nice tool to have for capturing messages going back and forth between you and the web. I am now able to see the calls and capture my data.

Thanks!
Last edited by JamboWhoDat on January 18th, 2015, 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Hello Fellow Hunters,

Here is another status update for you. I have good news. I'm now able to grab my current hunt statistics and able to load them into the data grid in app. YAY for me. I had to learn a few new technologies, but I must say the data format now is much better then the old way of parsing through the HTML from the website. My delay between updates was for learning (1) how to use an app called Fiddler by going through its help tutorial sessions which helped me understand how to retrieve the data from the hunter website; (2) JSON, the way the data is now received and formatted; and (3) LINQ to JSON, which is how I query the data and load it into the datagrid in the app. To give you guys a little insight to how much better the new data format is, the old way required over 200 lines of code to parse through the HTML to extract the information for one kill from your hunt. With the new data format I can now get the information for one kill in less than 10 lines of code. Anyone who has ever coded knows that this new way is awesome; however, as anyone who develops will also tell you, no new technology doesn't come without a monkey wrench in the toolbox.

In the old way of parsing through the HTML for the information, we were extracting the names of the various animals, weapons, etc.; however the new way, the information is coming back to us as its id. For example, the old way we could parse out the word "coyote" for the animal killed. With the new way, we are getting species = 4 as the animal killed. I'm sure you guys will appreciate seeing "Male coyote killed using 12 GA pump action shotgun with buckshot on Logger's point" instead of "gender=0, species=4, weapon=14, ammo=1, reserve=2". One of the new things I had to add to the application was a set of Dictionaries for the various information you see above. In programming terms a Dictionary is an object for storing key, value pairs. For example using the coyote, its key is 4, and its value is "Coyote". So you will see "Coyote" displayed to you every time the app receives species=4 in the data.

For me to create the dictionaries, I played through several hunts on all the reserves, hunting all the species with all my weapons and ammo just so I could get all the various ids and add them to the dictionaries. Unfortunately, I'm unable to complete the dictionaries because I don't have all the weapons. This is the help I need from you guys. If anyone has hunts with kills using the weapons listed at the end of this post, please provide me with the weapon used, date and time, the reserve, and lodge, so I can view your hunt history on the hunter website for the weapon id and add it to the dictionary. Or if you could be so kind to make a new hunt using the needed weapons and ammo and providing me above information for your hunt history.

Now for one more thing, the old HTML parser was extracting an animal's rarity, for example, common, albino, melanistic, etc. This information is not provided directly in the new JSON format. In other words, there is no rarity=1 for example. However, that doesn't mean its not in the JSON data. It could be nothing more than a different id for the animal. For example a coyote has species=4 as its id, so an albino coyote could be species=50 or something like that. I need to investigate this further and am asking for your help with that too. If anyone can remember their hunts where they killed one of the rare variations for any and all the animals, please provide me with the name of the animal, the type of rarity, the animal's score, date and time, reserve, and lodge, so I can find it in your hunting statistics.

I know there are a lot of smart hunters out there and suggestions may pop into your head for helping to get the needed weapon ids. Unfortunately the two following suggestions didn't work. I tried viewing the weapons in the store to get the weapon's id. The store is under ssl security, and I'm unable to view its data. I also tried viewing the data from the weapon achievements page, but those ids are associated to the weapon's achievement and don't match the weapon ids used for hunting. For any other suggestions that may help, please feel free to let me know.

Now for where things stand with the app, I have the app working again for a single hunter with all the known data, but there are few more tweaks to work out and some clean up to do the single hunter module. I still need to apply some changes to the multiple hunter's module for comparing hunters and to the achievement's module, and I still need to place a couple of exceptions to the app in case I'm unable to find the ids for the missing data. I also did add an icon for the Ibex. I cropped the ibex image from the animal spawn map for Val-des-Bois found in the wiki and made an icon from that.

Well that concludes the status update for now. I will continue to upgrade the app when I can in my spare time. My goal is to get a beta version out to you to help test for bugs and improvements around the time the next update with new Val-des-Bois animal is released which I'm guessing is within the next couple of weeks. Fyi my money is on a mountain hare being the new animal because it can use the same model and skins as the cottontail rabbit with minor tweaks to the color, and they did say "it won’t be a completely new creature but a variation of an existing species".

Until next time everyone have good hunts and thanks in advance for your help.

List of elements whose ids I need help finding with your hunts:
Weapons needed
============
(1) .300 Bolt Action Rifle (Carbon)
(2) .30-30 Lever Action Rifle (Lone Star)
(3) 12 GA Pump Action Shotgun (Royal Edition)

Ammo needed
===========
(1) Cupid Arrows (Red Tracer Flare)

Rarity animals (both male and female)
==========================
All variations for all animals found here http://www.thehunterwiki.com/index.php? ... Variations
mcbacker
Scout

Post by mcbacker »

Hi Jamie,

Amazing job so far!

I would help if I was still playing but my last season was six months ago.

Let me know when you get a stable version so I can update the cloud with the new package.

Regards,

Backer.

Sent from my SM-N9005
Catafesta
Tracker

Post by Catafesta »

Good job!
Waiting for the alpha release.

About the rares, maybe this topic (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... start=4420) can provide a bunch of rares links.
JamboWhoDat
Hunter

Post by JamboWhoDat »

Catafesta wrote:About the rares, maybe this topic (http://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.ph ... start=4420) can provide a bunch of rares links.
Thanks for the insight Catafesta. That topic will be very helpful to me.
tbug
Outfitter

Post by tbug »

Rares and variants are defined by the texture. Below is a list of textures. I can't find example kills of creme hybrid and common hybrid.

Code: Select all

2	Albino
4	Melanistic
5	Piebald
6	blonde
7 	chocolate
8	Cinnamon
9      Glacier
11	silver tipped
12	grey fox
13 	cross fox
16	Leucistic
17 	black hybrid
19	Bald Leucistic
20 	light grey
21	brown Leucistic

Creme hybrid
Common hybrid

If you need a list of animal organs, let me know. I have most of them.
Last edited by tbug on January 21st, 2015, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Fan Guides”