User guide: How to use scent and call attractors

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
Obsidyan
Spotter

Re: User guide: How to use scent and call attractors

Post by Obsidyan »

Very nice guide, thankyou. I been playing about 6 months hardcore now - I just can't get enough hehe. I am glad to see I been getting it right, especially lately with calls and scent.

Some things I wished I knew at the start are:

*Never stay close to your scent, spray then move out to your optimum range - for me this is 20m for the bow.
*Measure the distance from your scent to your shooting position - this way if you are accurate you will always hit
*Ensure you know where the animal is coming from before spraying scent - it will spook often if it has to pass you to get to it
*Make sure you are wearing the right Camo Gear and understand it's function - Some (like B&C) effect deer only. Understand that non-deer species will smell, hear and see you if you wear this type

In my experiences, they way you call makes no real difference, as mentioned above there are many different styles - but for me I mimic the animal as closely as possible :)
Spoiler:
MaxPerilous
Tracker

Post by MaxPerilous »

I have been looking for a lot of this info lately and it seems this thread hasnt been bumped up in QUITE some time. So, thanks for the guide and all the great info's and bump this to the front page =)
drsheva

Post by drsheva »

Great guide, thanks. I am new to TheHunter.
I am hunting pretty well because I use informations from the web and videos, even real life hunting.
Many informations in this post will help me to increase my hunting, with more accuracy and efficienty.
I would ask if these informations are still valid on current game version or something is changed from post release.
nickname in TheHunter: Drsheva

Return to “Fan Guides”