RonMctubes Hunting Guide WHR (updated with video 2014)

Enjoy the fan made guides and experience of fellow players or write your own!
ronMctube
Chat Logger

RonMctubes Hunting Guide WHR (updated with video 2014)

Post by ronMctube »

its time to update this thread and bring it upto date :D . i have made a video of the route i use with commentary with tips and hotspots on whitehart island. the video is long but very descriptive & helpful. ;)

external link to youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTku3z2 ... ubm5yIuUuA

don't forget to subscribe to my youtube channels thanks. ;)

i will be doing other helpful videos soon and guides so keep a eye out . if you want certain game subjects covered you can pm me and ill see what i can do thanks.
Last edited by ronMctube on April 8th, 2014, 6:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Re: RonMctubes Hunting Guide (White Heart Res)

Post by MonacoSteve »

Thanks Ron for sharing. I must admit that this is pretty much exactly the same route I also very often take. Usually, you never leave such a tour without a prey!
Hawkeman
Outfitter

Post by Hawkeman »

A very nice tour, Ron and I can confirm it is very good, - almost identical to what I doo. Very good fore the rifle hunters and there are plenty of oppetunities fore bowhunters aswell to abush/call places...

Good hunting....

HUMOR IS THE SPICE OF LIFE
Duke
Outfitter

Post by Duke »

yep, very good guide :) I do the exact same thing, except for some of the meadows at the end, I think I will have to try those out now :D
INSANEPAPPY60
Outfitter

Post by INSANEPAPPY60 »

Great Tour Ron ;) Now show me where your makin them long shots on the whitetails :lol:
sjc628
Outfitter

Post by sjc628 »

Wow, it was nice of you to display all of that. That is about the same route I take about 2 out of 3 hunts.
Simon m
Chat Logger

Post by Simon m »

Followed this route friday afternoon & bagged a 265 5/8 Elk in Elk meadow should have waited I'm sure a bigger male was coming but I ran out of time.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

also few more tips

if at the start of first meadow you see you miss a big animal / scare it dont worry. if you do the route then loop back to the first meadow 9 times out of ten it will be there or the middle meadow.

this also goes for if you scare a animal if its near a meadow most likely be on nearest one or near water.aniamls dont run much further than draw distannce so wait or be patient they will not be to far again.

anyone after yotes concentrate near the middle and on elk meadow and going up to the stones off elk meadow at back .

long distance shooting with the pistol on turkies at 650ft + you have to aim 1 cm above there head

300ft bow shots upto 2 inches above head

what you see at the start of a hunt is most likely dicatate what your gunna get and how the hunt will turn out. if its all females restart game . if you see nothing all way down to elk meadow restart as your just wasting your time.

if you see loads of males straight away you will probably be on what i call your "special " hunt . this is where you get all the bulls , big male tukires basically everything. once youve hunted more you will realise when this is while hunting amake the most of it by carrying on maybe with camping supplies.

if you scare turkies get your turkey caller out immedietly and rapid call the birds they drop like stones if done quick enough and wont fly hardly anywhere.

ambush hunting on beach - if you spot turkies on beach you can charge them :D they will run round in circles and panic you can get quite a few this way as they dont know where to go. sometimes works on elk aswell and other animals.

hope some of those help out . i will add more now and again ;)
heraSK
Chat Logger

Post by heraSK »

just wanted to share that i also use identical route, but only to the meadow above the lake. and then i see i'm not as nearly the only one... :lol: :lol: spooky.... ;)
ReinierK
Outfitter

Post by ReinierK »

I also take this route about 75% of my hunts (sometimes I vary it by going up the Causeway Path and coming down after muley meadow), but I rarely ever get something at stand 12 and Elk Meadows, which is about 180 degrees opposite to most of my hunting buddies. They keep bagging huge animals at these places, but I rarely get them over there ;-)

Return to “Fan Guides”